Andrea Riseborough In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Oblivion’ LA Premiere

Andrea Riseborough In Elie Saab Couture - ‘Oblivion’ LA Premiere

While Olga Kurylenko has fulfilled most of the promotional duties for ‘Oblivion’ in Asia and Europe, Andrea Riseborough joined her co-star at the Dolby Theatre for the Hollywood premiere in California yesterday evening.

Wearing her second Elie Saab Couture look of this campaign, the British actress wore a gorgeous blush-coloured frock from the designer’s Spring 2010 collection. The term ‘oldie but goodie’ definitely applies here.

Her floral appliqué gown, which was thankfully retrieved from the archives, was effortlessly styled with Bulgari jewels and a gold Oroton clutch.

Andrea’s warm copper eye makeup and pink lips, plus her wavy raven tresses, prevent this look from feeling too one note for me.

While I wanted her hair up for her previous look, wearing her hair down with this second-skin gown was the right decision.

Of her two Elie Saab Couture gowns, I preferred the previous gown, but in terms of overall look, this is my favourite – it’s on another level of heavenly.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ashley Tisdale In Philip Armstrong - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Ashley Tisdale In Philip Armstrong – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

La La Anthony In Stella McCartney - 4th Annual ELLE Women in Music Celebration

La La Anthony In Stella McCartney – 4th Annual ELLE Women in Music Celebration

20 Responses to Andrea Riseborough In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Oblivion’ LA Premiere

1. Pablo April 11, 2013 at 13:33 #

The gown is absolutely stunning but I’m not fond of the styling (clutch and bracelet). It could’ve been a 10.

2. MaddyEliza April 11, 2013 at 13:44 #

BDOTW-worthy. Her hair is beautiful and so is the gown…I just love Elie Saab! :)

3. Ysatis April 11, 2013 at 13:47 #

I am still not over THAT foundation disaster lol. Now the dress is pretty but not on her. IMO she needs a new stylist and beauty team because the makeup and hair are not very flattering either. It’s too monochromatic. In fact she lacks style. I find her very blah.

• Ariel April 13, 2013 at 11:47 #

+ 1

4. dee April 11, 2013 at 13:56 #

I think the color of the dress kinda washes her out.

• Nat39 April 11, 2013 at 17:31 #

She does look completely washed out.
      Her hair is very beautiful, she is pretty, but I don’t like this gown at all, the detailing isn’t pretty and in the “2nd skin colour” it’s too ‘patches of skin peeling off’.

• Tina April 11, 2013 at 21:23 #

Same. I keep feeling like the Elie Saab gowns are wasted on her. She doesn’t have the ethereal/light presence needed to truly carry off phenomenal gowns like these.

• Christine April 12, 2013 at 01:29 #

5. Rebecca Z April 11, 2013 at 14:17 #

Yawn.

6. Yeliz April 11, 2013 at 14:20 #

The skirt of this beautiful gown translates so very well on her, this time she totally manages to pull it off. I like her hair down with this look and overall prefer it to the other Elie Saab look.

7. jessicamarantelli April 11, 2013 at 14:48 #

For me there is too much material at the bottom. You cant go and hem a couture gown so I would say add another inch to the heels or just pick a different gown….as much as I worship Elie Saab!!

8. Moxie April 11, 2013 at 15:11 #

Beautiful gown. I like the long flowing hair with this gown.

9. Alina April 11, 2013 at 16:12 #

This might be the best she has ever looked.

10. Anj April 11, 2013 at 16:54 #

I thought this was Jennifer Lawrence for a second!
    On topic, this is one of the rare times I actually like what Andrea is wearing.

11. Marybeth April 11, 2013 at 17:22 #

Beautiful! My reaction is the same as FC’s. By itself I much prefer the earlier Elie Saab gown but on Andrea I like this one better.
    I think she does this gown full justice by keeping everything soft and ultra-feminine yet not overdone.

I never dislike Andrea’s looks — she always looks nice enough— but this is the first time I’ve felt that the girl and the garment really work together.

12. Kathy April 11, 2013 at 18:18 #

Am I the only one who disliked both of her Elie Saabo looks? She doesn’t do justice to them at all. This one makes her look wide and boyish, and washes her out.

• Aline April 11, 2013 at 22:44 #

Although I like her hair here a lot, I agree with you, she didn’t do justice to either dress. She has such a fair skin, she should stray from blush/pastel/nude tones.

13. Dani April 12, 2013 at 01:51 #

She looks SENSATIONAL! Love her hair, her smile, and pose! The gown is so spectacular, she looks like a godess! Elie Saab is a genius!

14. Carla April 12, 2013 at 04:12 #

Though she looks lovely, this is too much gown for a routine movie premiere. This is more of a Cannes or Oscar dress.

15. EmmaWoodhouse April 12, 2013 at 13:54 #

I wish it made her waist more nipped in (there’s a little boxiness going on) but other than that this is beautiful and ethereal. It almost washes her out but the lovely chocolate hair stops that from happening. A BDOTW-contender in my opinion.