Julianne Hough In Peter Pilotto – London Show Rooms LA

Julianne Hough In Peter Pilotto - London Show Rooms LA

Julianne Hough attended the London Show Room LA event at Thompson Hotel last night in Beverly Hills.

The ‘Safe Haven’ actress wore a long-sleeved Peter Pilotto Fall 2013 dress with Preen x Aldo Rise ‘Musilova’ pumps.

This dress is nothing, if not a conversation starter. The print is very intriguing, and I always love long-sleeves on a red carpet. But that’s about where my love stops.

The black fabric encircling the bodice is beyond awkward and makes the petite actress look bulky. It draws the eye in, making it all but impossible to look at Julianne herself. I literally have to force my eyes to focus on her face.

I’m a huge Julianne fan, but I am not a fan of this dress. Do you agree? Or are you seeing some value here that I’m missing?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Roselyn Sanchez In Elisabetta Franchi - MundoFox

Roselyn Sanchez In Elisabetta Franchi – MundoFox

Kate Mara In Kate Young For Target - Kate Young For Target Launch Event

Kate Mara In Kate Young For Target – Kate Young For Target Launch Event

18 Responses to Julianne Hough In Peter Pilotto – London Show Rooms LA

1. Sara April 10, 2013 at 16:11 #

You hit the nail on the head FC. Totally not loving it.

2. Christine April 10, 2013 at 16:17 #

She looks fresh faced but this dress is not flattering. My eyes can’t help but look at her midsection. It’s a weird print.

3. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 10, 2013 at 16:28 #

Im with you FC…a busy mess.

4. Fashion Infatuation April 10, 2013 at 16:35 #

That’s a really unusual dress, but so cool. Love it! :)

5. Marybeth April 10, 2013 at 16:42 #

Yes, the dress is quite odd from the waist up — the black background and that harshly angular white yoke. For me at least, it doesn’t work very well even on the model.
    She looks okay though.

6. Nat39 April 10, 2013 at 16:48 #

I disagree. The dress is interesting, vibrant and captivating, the print is beautiful and the way the original black inserts encircle the torso actually creates a silhouette, the shoes complement the dress well, ther hair and makeup are fresh. It´s a standout dress, and she presented it very well by allowing it to be a major focal point.

7. Nat April 10, 2013 at 17:06 #

I love the dress but she doesn’t have the body to wear. It would look amazing on someone curvy.

8. Rebecca Z April 10, 2013 at 17:09 #

I agree the problem is the dress. For me it is the white yoke that dominates the dress–I can’t see beyond it to her face. She looks like she is in a body cast.

9. Yeliz April 10, 2013 at 17:54 #

I disagree, I love this dress on her. Actually I totally love the whole look, the shoes are also great and so are her hair and makeup.

10. sam April 10, 2013 at 18:33 #

That white panel needs to be removed. I feel that would be much better without it.

11. dee April 10, 2013 at 19:06 #

Hate the dress. So ugly.

12. jeremyrain April 10, 2013 at 19:33 #

She will forever will be that “I’m trying very hard-why nobody notices me?” girl. She doesn’t have that statuesque attitude to pull off such strong look.

13. DSI April 10, 2013 at 19:58 #

So true FC, the eyes literally get sucked into that black yoke/encircling bands. But I think it would have suited someone who is taller and has more presence…(Read Karolina Kurakova)

14. TeaAtTwo April 10, 2013 at 22:09 #

I agree with Emily (how do people not notice the different authors)- It’s looks awkwardly busy. for me it’s the white panel at the top that is problem. Jourdan just about looks kind of cool on the runway. Those pointy pumps were never a good idea.

15. Alicat April 10, 2013 at 23:58 #

I agree FC. The eye goes to the pattern at her midsection and it is hard to draw it away. I also agree with those above about the strange white panel. It would be better without this. The effect is that her head looks like it has been photoshopped onto her body. This is an ugly dress and confirms my feeling that the current trend for large, overly busy prints needs careful consideration as to whether the wearer can pull it off.

16. S2R April 11, 2013 at 00:02 #

the proportions of this dress to her height if off. if the dress was shorter with the paneling proportionally shorter, i imagine it would look great!

17. MaddyEliza April 11, 2013 at 01:27 #

Ugh no. I have never liked Peter Pilotto and this just makes it worse. What an awful dress. And it defnitely does not work for Julianne. :(

18. EmmaWoodhouse April 11, 2013 at 15:08 #

This design concept was just unfortunate to start with. It couldn’t be less flattering on Juilianne. It’s WAY too busy as well. I’m sure the white shoes aren’t making your day either, FC. ;)