10.04.13

Emmy Rossum In Christian Dior - New Yorkers for Children 10th Anniversary Spring Dinner

Emmy Rossum looked lovely in head-to-toe Dior last night at the New Yorkers for Children 10th Anniversary Spring Dinner in New York City.

The ‘Shameless’ actress wore a black silk crepe embroidered Dior dress accented with Dior shoes and a Dior clutch. Her Dior Fine Jewelry ‘Cygne Blanc’ white gold and diamond earrings and ‘Cygne Blac’ white gold and diamond ring were the icing on the cake.

The star always looks flawless, and last night was no different. Her skin was luminous, and her baby pink lips were a fun and chic nod to spring beauty trends.

While the dress and simple hair chignon are elegant and timeless, the fun jewelry and makeup make the look appropriately youthful and fun for the young star.

You may have noticed that Emmy’s dress is very similar to the one worn by Olga Kurylenko yesterday evening.

Credit: Getty

Lindsay Lohan In Suno - Late Show with David Letterman

Lindsay Lohan In Suno – Late Show with David Letterman

Lily Collins' Thakoon Leather Shorts And Givenchy Shark Tooth Necklace

Lily Collins’ Thakoon Leather Shorts And Givenchy Shark Tooth Necklace

20 Responses to Emmy Rossum In Christian Dior – New Yorkers for Children 10th Anniversary Spring Dinner

1. dee April 10, 2013 at 19:02 #

Love everything but the lipcolor.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 10, 2013 at 19:09 #

+1. God I love her effortless style that never looks like she is over thinking anything. OT-Im insane about her work on Shameless on Showetime. She is overdue for a GG or Emmy nod as is Wm.H Macy.

• Mariazinha April 10, 2013 at 20:43 #

Me too!
      I don’t think I ever liked this lip color on anyone! It’s just plain ugly.

• Alina April 11, 2013 at 09:33 #

• EmmaWoodhouse April 12, 2013 at 13:39 #

+4 The lipcolor isn’t working but otherwise this is another flawless look for this stylish girl.

2. Charlotte April 10, 2013 at 19:09 #

I really don’t like the hair and the lipstick !
    And the dress is OK but nothing really great here.

3. Nat39 April 10, 2013 at 19:17 #

The dress is simple black but the subtle sparkle at the neckline and the draping at the side keep it interesting, and those gorgeous statement earrings really make the look. Love hair and makeup, I don’t have a problem with this trendy shade of pink lipstick, she looks really pretty, the shoe is delicate and complementary. Everything is working here for me.

My only complaint with Emmy is that she consistently looks ‘pigeon-toed’, she should try to straighten/or turn out those feet.

4. andrea April 10, 2013 at 19:37 #

She didn’t need the statement earrings with all the detail on the neckline. I think a statement ring would have worked better.

• Kat April 11, 2013 at 16:57 #

There was a ring actually, similar to the earrings. It must be just off the camera’s angle.

5. DSI April 10, 2013 at 19:38 #

She looks every bit a diva. love those earrings. The shade of pink on her lips is quite a bouncer,i feel. On an aside, FC- can you not term her as the “Shameless” actress.. Though I know that you are simply referring to her movie with no ill will, it injects some awkwardness into the otherwise smooth and intriguing FC Commentary!! Thnx

6. Marybeth April 10, 2013 at 19:41 #

I like everything but the make-up, which is not to my taste.

I really love the way she kept everything simple and minimal except for those earrings. They really enhance the look and complement the dress beautifully.

7. Nat39 April 10, 2013 at 19:42 #

Normally I’d agree but this is not a statement/major detailing, it’s just a subtle sparkle, and it doesn’t speak strongly for itself, I think the earrings provide the elevation needed.

• Nat39 April 10, 2013 at 19:43 #

reply to andrea

• Marybeth April 10, 2013 at 19:56 #

I completely agree.
      Andrea makes a very good point. Certainly my own instinct would have been to go for a bracelet or ring or fancier shoes. I would never have even tried such earrings.

And yet I think they work beautifully here. They draw the eye up to the rather subtle embellishment and enhance it.

8. Rebecca Z April 10, 2013 at 19:52 #

She looks gorgeous. I am not usually a fan of the variable hemline, but I really like this dress and it is made for someone with a streamlined figure like hers. Objectively I don’t like the lipstick color but it is perfect here for what she is doing. Sophistication ala the 60′s. Love the earrings, the hair, the makeup…she’s got it going on. Spectacular.

9. Yeliz April 10, 2013 at 20:08 #

I’m not really fond of the hair, but I love the rest. I don’t think the earrings are too much and the lip colour is a fun addition. Overall I think this look is more interesting than Olga’s look.

10. TeaAtTwo April 10, 2013 at 22:24 #

As usual I’m enamoured with her look bit It reminds me a lot of her last Dior look, perhaps due to the styling of hair and statement earrings.

11. Christine April 11, 2013 at 02:22 #

I actually like this. Everything works.

12. Francois Bresmal April 11, 2013 at 12:51 #

When I saw her picture on Instagram, I couldn’t wait to see the entire outfit on RCFA and I’m not disappointed! By Emmy, never actually.

13. Dhppy April 13, 2013 at 00:21 #

I’ve never been a fan of that late 60s/ early 70′s hair and makeup (So you can imagine how this season of Mad Men is starting to depress me), but the dress is lovely, and the choice of earrings is inspired.