Debby Ryan In Kate Young For Target – Kate Young For Target Launch Event

Debby Ryan In Kate Young For Target - Kate Young For Target Launch Event

Debby Ryan attended the Kate Young For Target Launch Event last night in New York City.

The Disney star wore the strapless ‘Gem City’ print bow dress, $59.99, from the design collection.

The dress is young and flirty and perfect for Debby. I actually think she looks better than the model! This dress can use some curves to fill it out and help the bow not overwhelm the wearer.

The orange Nancy Gonzalez clutch, white Chanel sandals and grey mani finish off the look nicely. At first, I thought her hair should be pulled back into a loose pony, to keep it away from the dress’s interesting neckline, but the more I look at this, the more I think the hair being down adds to the dress’s playfulness.

What do you think: Hair as is, or should it be pulled up?

Credit: Target & Getty

Kate Bosworth's Topshop Skinny Metal Bar Waist Belt And Topshop 'Generous' Leather Strappy Shoes

Kate Bosworth’s Topshop Skinny Metal Bar Waist Belt And Topshop ‘Generous’ Leather Strappy Shoes

Calista Flockhart In Monique Lhuillier - '42' LA Premiere

Calista Flockhart In Monique Lhuillier – ’42′ LA Premiere

9 Responses to Debby Ryan In Kate Young For Target – Kate Young For Target Launch Event

1. Nat39 April 10, 2013 at 17:15 #

The hair def. should’ve been pulled away from the neckline – it’s competing with the bow detail, way too much going on around the neckline, it’s distracting. Cute and adorable look for her anyway, the pop of orange is delightful.

• Marybeth April 10, 2013 at 17:25 #

Agree on all points, including your conclusion that, whatever criticism one might offer, she looks adorable.

(I can’t blame her for wanting to showcase that glorious red hair but I think it actually detracts from the flirty playfulness of the look. You can barely tell that the dress is strapless.)

2. Moxie April 10, 2013 at 17:25 #

Cute dress. The bow is a bit twee. The hair and the bow are a bit much together. The hair down is fine, but it should have been pulled back.

What’s with the hunched posture?

3. Christine April 10, 2013 at 17:28 #

I like everything but the shoes.

4. Yeliz April 10, 2013 at 18:08 #

She was my favourite at this event, I love this cute yet gorgeous look, especially the clutch.

• admmgz April 10, 2013 at 19:42 #

5. dee April 10, 2013 at 19:01 #

Not crazy about this dress on her. It makes her appear larger than what she is and the hair needed to be up.

6. DSI April 10, 2013 at 19:48 #

I think the hair is great as it tumbles down her shoulders just to meet the dress, especially so when one has such lustrous rust coloured locks which doesnt clash with the color theme of the dress.

7. EmmaWoodhouse April 11, 2013 at 14:48 #

Absolutely adorable and well-styled. I wouldn’t change a thing.