Paula Patton In Monique Lhuillier – Out In New York City

Paula Patton In Monique Lhuillier - Out In New York City

Despite getting a universal ‘no’ for her Gucci look from Monday nights ‘Disconnect’ New York screening, Paula Patton was in good spirits this morning as she was spotted heading to her hotel in New York City.

On this occasion she wore a Monique Lhuillier ink-crane print cropped jacket from the Spring 2013 collection which she styled with J Brand ‘Maria’ skinny legging jeans and a white top.

The look was accessorized with a black Balenciaga clutch and black open-toe sandals.

While I don’t want to give Paula two negative critiques in one day, I will say I wish she had opted for the longer jacket in look 4.

That jacket would’ve given her a more streamline silhouette and not her second boxy look in 24 hours.

Unfortunately for Paula, this jacket is giving her quarterback shoulders.

Fingers crossed that the next one is a winner.

Paula, believe it or not I am rooting for you.

Paula Patton In J Brand and Balenciaga

J Brand ‘Maria’ Skinny JeansJBrandJeans.com, farfetch.com US and farfetch.com
Balenciaga ‘Giant’ Leather Envelope ClutchBrowns Fashion and Neiman Marcus

Credit: Style.com & PaciicCoastNews

Halle Berry's AllSaints 'Riviera' Jersey Dress

Halle Berry’s AllSaints ‘Riviera’ Jersey Dress

Victoria Beckham's Balenciaga Zipped Shirt

Victoria Beckham’s Balenciaga Zipped Shirt

11 Responses to Paula Patton In Monique Lhuillier – Out In New York City

1. Christine April 9, 2013 at 22:20 #

If she is still using Karla Welch styling services, she needs to fire her. Waste of money.

Why that crop jacket? I don’t get it.

2. Yeliz April 9, 2013 at 22:32 #

Not just the cropped jacket, I don’t like the overall look.

3. Moxie April 9, 2013 at 22:51 #

I like the print, but not the rest of the outfit.

4. Rebecca Z April 9, 2013 at 23:25 #

This jacket doesn’t even look good on the model with her little skinny shoulders and no boobs or ass–how is Paula gonna wear this with her wonderful womanly figure?

5. NooG April 10, 2013 at 00:00 #

It’s so sad to see that jacket ruin what is otherwise an uber cute outfit. I want to see that Paula Patton from the Met Gala again!

6. EmmaWoodhouse April 10, 2013 at 04:16 #

The pants look painfully tight and the jacket is TINY–it looks shrunken. I really hope she…I don’t know, has one good look in the next six months!

7. Prudence April 10, 2013 at 07:05 #

shes another classic case of money can’t buy you style. lord this woman needs some serious help. she is soo beautiful it pains me to see her dress so awfully, I mean remember that tom cruise movie promo tour?? DISASTROUS.

• cat_not_kitty April 11, 2013 at 21:59 #

She’s absolutely beautiful and comes across as sweet and down to earth but it’s like she (or should I say her stylist) doesn’t understand her body. Prints, colours, and accessories are matters of personal taste, but when the proportions are off, the outfit invariably fails – and this seems to be the case with 99% of Paula’s looks. I just don’t understand it. A boxy, large-print, cropped jacket on a woman with broad shoulders, paired with a t-shirt tucked into skinny jeans that cut directly across her mid-waist, accompanied by what looks like thick, leather fringe ankle strap sandals? It’s literally 100% wrong.

8. dee April 10, 2013 at 14:04 #

I agree with others, the jacket isn’t working.

9. TeaAtTwo April 10, 2013 at 15:21 #

I like the jacket on the model but on Paula here looks like a highfashion linebacker everything is too small and too tight for her frame.

10. Dhppy April 11, 2013 at 19:49 #

If only that purse were five times larger so that it could cover the outfit entirely.