09.04.13 Menswear, Premiere

Menswear Red Carpet Round Up

Menswear 9 April 2013

Nick Cannon: The host of ‘America’s Got Talent’ joined Heidi Klum on the red carpet at the Rockefeller Center for the New York auditions. Going for a dapper look wearing a two-piece Vivienne Westwood Man suit, I find myself being bothered by the fit of the pants. The blazer features an insert waistcoat, giving the look a smart but trendy feel with a gold chain and button closure He styled his suit with a grey floral brooch, a lavender shirt, a blue printed tie with a tie pin, and grey shoes.

Robert Downing Jr.: The actor is still in Asia promoting the third installment of the ‘Iron Man’ franchise. On this occasion, he attended a photocall in Beijing, China wearing a Calvin Klein Collection Spring 2013 burgundy cotton two-button notch lapel suit. Aside from the obligatory sneakers by Lanvin, this was a surprisingly quirk-free look. I love the colour; the complementary CK shirt and purple tinted glasses help make this one of his best looks so far on this tour.

Alexander Skarsgard: The handsome actor joined Paula Patton on the red carpet last night for the ‘Disconnect’ New York screening. I have one word for Alexander in this Calvin Klein grey suit and black shirt: swoon.

Menswear 9 April 2013 (2)

Luke Bryan: The country singer looked very dapper wearing a Tom Ford Spring 2013 suit to the 2013 ACM Awards. I love the soft lilac colour of his one-button rounded-lapel blazer, which he styled with a white shirt and black pants – exactly the way the look was styled in the look book sans scarf.

Chris Hemsworth: Looking very manly on the red carpet with wife Elsa Pataky, the Australian actor donned a Calvin Klein charcoal-grey suit with a white shirt unbuttoned just enough for us to get a look at this pecs. God bless him.

Menswear 9 April 2013 (3)

Javier de Miguel: The model joined Maria Jose Suarez on the red carpet for the opening of a new Emporio Armani boutique in Madrid, Spain. He chose to wear Emporio Armani, selecting a look from the Spring 2013 collection. A casual striped, sheer top was styled with drawstring pants and a simple black blazer. As this was a formal event I can understand why he opted for the blazer, but this look would’ve worked for me sans blazer with some comfy loafers.

Scotty McCreery: The Country singer, who won the 10th season of American Idol, joined his idols on the red carpet at the 2013 ACM Awards. Opting for a slick and formal look, he donned an Alexander McQueen slim-fit suit styled with a crisp white shirt, white pocket square and blue-and-white gingham tie.

Luke Jacobz: At the Logie Awards, the Australian actor opted for a snazzy suit, alongside his pregnant Australian X Factor colleague Natalie Bassingthwaighte in Roland Mouret. I love everything about his Ermenegildo Zegna Spring 2013 suit, which features a maroon blazer, cerulean-blue shirt and printed pants. Moments like this make me fall in love with menswear and assure me that there’s more to it than black, grey and navy suits.

Menswear 9 April 2013 (4)

Michael Buble: The Canadian crooner also attended the Logie Awards in Australia this weekend, but he sported a more classic look, wearing a Burberry Tailoring black suit with satin lapels, which he styled with a white shirt and cheeky bow tie.

Hunter Hayes: The singer wore a burgundy Topman suit with an open black shirt. While I love the youthful approach of adding converse kicks to his suit, I wish they weren’t so dirty.

Jason Bateman: The actor joined Alexander Skarsgard and Paula Patton on the red carpet last night for the ‘Disconnect’ New York screening sporting a semi-casual navy-blue suit with a light-blue shirt and brown shoes.

Credit: INFDaily & FameFlynet

Angelababy's Delpozo Floral-Print Silk-Gazar Dress

Angelababy’s Delpozo Floral-Print Silk-Gazar Dress

Andrea Riseborough In Proenza Schouler - ‘Disconnect’ New York Special Screening

Andrea Riseborough In Proenza Schouler – ‘Disconnect’ New York Special Screening

29 Responses to Menswear Red Carpet Round Up

1. Anne April 9, 2013 at 13:45 #

Between Hemsworth’s pecs peek and his wife’s superior tush, god bless them both for being good eye candy. Lovin’ RDJ, as well. I actually think his kicks are endearing

2. Rebecca Z April 9, 2013 at 13:54 #

Love the Helmsworth comment–it is also about the best fitting suit in this group, though the fabric is too shiny for me. Skarsgard’s pants looks great but the jacket is too short for the length of his torso. Love RDjr–he is the only guy (in my opinion) who can play with color this way and get away with it.

3. Rashmi April 9, 2013 at 13:58 #

Can’t take my eyes of Alexander.
    And how I love that lil peek of black belt in his look.. <3 hehe
    Apart from him and equally drool worthy Chris, I will pick Robert (I love that eggplant shade suit!)

• Christine April 9, 2013 at 20:14 #

+1 I love Chris, Alexander and RDJ suits.

4. T from Sydney April 9, 2013 at 13:58 #

Lord I love the man candy posts!!! I love them even more when Alexander Skarsgard makes an appearance!!!

After Alex and Mr Hemsworth my favourite look is Javier de Miguel

5. Yeliz April 9, 2013 at 14:28 #

Alexander and Michael are my favourites of the bunch. But I kinda do like Javier’s look too.

6. dee April 9, 2013 at 14:51 #

Alexander and RDJ are my favorites.

7. Maria S. April 9, 2013 at 15:08 #

“Taking Alexander Skarsgard and Chris Hemsworth out of the equation, who is your next favourite here?”

Their hotness puts them above any other male. And they are both in Calvin Klein. That is no coincidence my friends… I cannot wait for this week’s best dressed man poll!

8. Jai April 9, 2013 at 15:10 #

RDJ looks awesome. Love his style.

• dee April 9, 2013 at 17:51 #

• nina April 9, 2013 at 19:59 #

9. TeaAtTwo April 9, 2013 at 15:25 #

After Alexander BDOTW look I like Luke look a alot too. It’s bold with without venturing wacky territory. Chris though fit should do a button up. I would like RDJ to get pants that fit and some tan shoes because the colour scheme is nice.

• Marybeth April 9, 2013 at 17:46 #

Amen about RDJ. He may not want a perfect fit but he needs to get it a bit closer. I would like many of his looks with a better pants length.

10. Noemi April 9, 2013 at 16:22 #

Alexander Skarsgard is the best dressed (and he looks goooorgeous!)

11. Anj April 9, 2013 at 17:01 #

I’m glad you asked without Skarsgard & Hemsworth in the running because who could beat them? After them, Robert Downing Jr. wins it for me. He’s always dapper and playful with his suits and shoes.

12. Marybeth April 9, 2013 at 17:42 #

I like Javier de Miguel and Alexander Skarsgard best.
    The sloppiness of Chris Hemsworth’s shirt fights with the elegant suit. And I find the unbuttoned-down-to-there look contrived and a bit ridiculous. Who does he think he is? JLo?!? :lol:

13. dunzoo April 9, 2013 at 17:46 #

Sorry, but I’m too busy drooling over Askars to review the other guys’ outfits (who all look meh). Askars looks absolutely delicous in his grey suit, the jacket is a tad too small though.

14. Alina April 9, 2013 at 18:03 #

Robert Downing Jr for me. :)

15. Leo April 9, 2013 at 18:42 #

Robert Downing Jr really rocks that look. In love with it, not many man can make a suit in that colour look good and not silly. Also, Javier de Miguel has a very interesting outfit.

16. Nat39 April 9, 2013 at 18:56 #

Who do I think looks best including Alexander and Chris – Michael Buble in his classic look. Alexander’s jacket is so obviously a size too small for him, and Chris once again goes overboard with unbuttoning – this is a very typical look for him, we see from him all the time, quite a deja vu, he needs to go at least 2 buttons up.
    The colour scheme of RDJr.’s look is beautiful, I would be totally on board with it if the pants were actually well-fitted and he wore a proper shoe for once instead of those sneakers, all of his looks are consistently ruined with these issues.
    I applaud to Luke Jacobs for the bravest most standout look but it just doesn’t look good.
    I aslo like Luke Bryan. The pants could’ve been better fitted but otherwise he is also my favourite here, looking good and polished in an unexpected lilac blazer.

17. Sharon April 9, 2013 at 19:14 #

I’ve never heard of Javier de Miguel before, but my heart is beating fast now. He’s definitely my co-favorite with Alexander. LOvely men. Just lovely.

18. Pedro April 9, 2013 at 19:53 #

Chris Hemswort always looks so hot, damn!

Alexander = PERFECTION! BDOTW, for sure. I love this tall, sexy and beautiful guy

19. Lisa April 9, 2013 at 22:09 #

Did you feature anyone else but Chris Hemsworth? I didn’t notice anyone else. haha

20. T from Sydney April 10, 2013 at 00:11 #

RC Alex was out and about in NYC going to interviews at Live with Kelly and Michael. Hope you can see the picture.

• lin April 10, 2013 at 13:36 #

…………………..*dead*

21. Zaza April 10, 2013 at 02:53 #

Alexander………… ‘drop dead’

22. lin April 10, 2013 at 03:53 #

I guess some people find Chris Hemsworth attractive, but he just looks like a giant cheeseball to me, with that unbuttoned shirt and hairless pecs. And Elsa is totally ugh too.

I prefer the sleeker look of Skarsgard.

23. EmmaWoodhouse April 10, 2013 at 04:07 #

A LOT of great looks here…RDJ and Alexander are probably my favorites.

24. adrian April 12, 2013 at 01:53 #

What’s the difference between the fit of the pants on Nick and that of Robert, Chris and Luke? Does Robert get a pass because he always look inappropriately casual? What of Luke and Chris? It’s almost the exact same (if not more) “extra” break in the pants and yet Nick gets the call out. Maybe the grey made it stand out more?