Maggie Gyllenhaal In Isabel Marant - 2013 Sundance Institute Theatre Program Benefit

Not seen on the red carpet since September, Maggie Gyllenhaal returned yesterday evening for the 2013 Sundance Institute Theatre Program Benefit at Stephan Weiss Studio in New York City.

Showcasing a new cropped hairstyle, the actress wore an Isabel Marant ‘Samuel’ printed dress.

Isabel Marant’s knack for a uniquely Parisian spin on rich cultural inspiration is exemplified in this multi-coloured paisley-print dress.

Her flowy silk-gauze semi-sheer frock with a slit neckline and balloon sleeves was accented with a tasselled leather belt.

Gold studded midi-heels, a gold bracelet and a red pout completed her boho-inspired, laidback-yet-chic look.

Credit: Getty

12 thoughts on “Maggie Gyllenhaal In Isabel Marant – 2013 Sundance Institute Theatre Program Benefit

1. Rashmi

Oh dear, why did she do this.
    She looks like she has drastically aged in few months.
    On the other note, I do like the boho feel of the look.

2. the ogre

i agree with both rashmi and yeliz. the haircut ages her.

otherwise it’s a great look! i really like her approach to style. it’s carefree and chic at the same time.

3. Denise

I like her a lot but this is not good. The hair ages her, she looks tired and the dress – shoes combo does nothing for her.

4. Jai

I don’t like this hairstyle. She used to have such a cute shaggy bob – it was an inspiration when cutting my own hair. I still love her though!

5. Marybeth

I adore the print and like her styling but this dress style is not good for her. The blouson bodice, mid-calf length, and loose string belt conspire to make her look rather frumpy.

The hair is … sad.

6. EmmaWoodhouse

Oh no! This hair does not suit her AT ALL. It’s really awful :(
    The dress is a bit too baggy and I don’t like the color.