Olga Kurylenko In Balmain – ‘Oblivion’ Taiwan Premiere

Olga Kurylenko In Balmain - 'Oblivion' Taiwan Premiere

Our Best Dressed of the Week winner, Olga Kurylenko, continued to promote her latest movie, ‘Oblivion’, by attending the Taipei premiere in Taiwan with co-star Tom Cruise on Saturday evening.

She has been stunning us with a variety of dresses by Nina Ricci, Emilio Pucci, Elie Saab and Marchesa, so she took a different route this time, wearing a Balmain Pre-Fall 2013 frock.

The high-neck long-sleeved micro-mini leather dress, which almost looks like it was carved out of varnished wood, was styled with a neat bun and glossy lips, and gold Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals.

I love this look. It’s my second favourite following the Marchesa gown. She’s keeping us on our toes, keeping things interesting and proving she’s not a one-trick pony.

Some of you tire of a never-ending stream of gowns during a promo tour, so are you glad she switched things up on this occasion?

You can buy Olga’s Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals from Jimmy Choo US and Jimmy Choo UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michael Kors and the United Nations World Food Programme Dinner

Michael Kors and the United Nations World Food Programme Dinner

Anna Kendrick In Thakoon - Vogue 'Triple Threats' Dinner

Anna Kendrick In Thakoon – Vogue ‘Triple Threats’ Dinner

33 Responses to Olga Kurylenko In Balmain – ‘Oblivion’ Taiwan Premiere

1. Charlotte April 8, 2013 at 13:27 #

My favorite look of this promo tour, so far ! The dress is really great on her and her styling is perfect.

• Christine April 8, 2013 at 13:51 #

Yes, I agree. Love this!

• Francois Bresmal April 9, 2013 at 10:05 #

I also agree! Once again, what an amazing promo tour! And definitely yes, she keeps things interesting!

2. Rashmi April 8, 2013 at 13:30 #

A no from me. The change is good, but there are few things that are bothering me, like the length + high neck and the material of the dress.

I can totally imagine Kirsten Stewart rocking this outfit more.

• adrian April 8, 2013 at 20:08 #

3. DSI April 8, 2013 at 13:33 #

Olga looks edgy and pretty at the same time. Like a chiseled wooden figurine. But I do wish that she had put in some earrings/earstuds and had more dramatic eye make-up!

4. Lee Ann April 8, 2013 at 13:35 #

Diane you have a very worthy competitor !
    I would loathe this dress if it were not on her. She however looks wonderful in it.

5. justme April 8, 2013 at 13:39 #

It’s a big yes from me. I love it.

6. Celine April 8, 2013 at 13:44 #

Love this look so much, she looks gorgeous!

• SilentVisitor April 8, 2013 at 14:39 #

7. Wafa April 8, 2013 at 14:06 #

What happened? I was loving her until this look. I think black tights and pumps would’ve looked better and would’ve pulled this look together.

8. Nat April 8, 2013 at 14:07 #

I am loving that she is doing a lot of different styles still I am not a fan of this one particularly. It is too short for her and I didn’t like hair and make up.

9. Anya April 8, 2013 at 14:17 #

I absolutely have fallen in love with her sartorial choices so far but this one is just not cutting it for me. Maybe if the dress was an inch longer and her hair a little less harsh, I could have appreciated it as much as you did FC.

10. gabis April 8, 2013 at 14:19 #

I love this dress but not on Olga. It feels forced and doesn’t seem to suit her at all.

• Alina April 8, 2013 at 14:53 #

11. dee April 8, 2013 at 14:21 #

If this was longer I would like it more.

12. Emma April 8, 2013 at 14:57 #

I adooore this look!! Even though I usually prefer longer dresses, this one works out great because of the high neck)) as we know it’s either chest or legs, so rules are obeyed here)

13. Amy April 8, 2013 at 15:15 #

the dress is too short. Other than that, she looks sexy

14. EmmaWoodhouse April 8, 2013 at 15:20 #

I’ve been loving her up until now, but though the varnished intricacy of this dress is very cool, it’s way too short and too constricting. Also she doesn’t look very comfortable.

15. shap_half April 8, 2013 at 15:27 #

YES!!!!! She looks fantastic. I think that some may think it’s too short, but it doesn’t look to threading on inappropriate territory so I’m good with it! Another great look for Olga!

16. Nat39 April 8, 2013 at 17:25 #

The dress is interesting, bold, original, another standout look for Olga. Yes, it may be a bit too short and stiff and doesn’t suit her nearly as well as light, feminine and romantic looks (like her Marchesa), but I love that she switched things up, keeping things exciting. It is also my 2nd favourite look from her after her Marchesa so far.

17. Moxie April 8, 2013 at 18:02 #

I’m happy to see her switch things up, but I’m not in love with this look. I think this worked better as a tunic than a dress.

Not that the model’s look is great… the high neck makes her look like her head isn’t connected.

18. TeaAtTwo April 8, 2013 at 18:27 #

It’s a bit short but rather striking and good that and she’s shows versatility. BDOTW contender.

19. Yeliz April 8, 2013 at 18:32 #

This is one of my least favourite looks of her from this promo tour. I really don’t like the dress itself and it doesn’t look comfortable at all and it’s too short. I do however appreciate that she tried something different.

20. Marybeth April 8, 2013 at 18:34 #

Stunning!!! And a nice change of pace on the tour.

It is sooooo short (especially seen from the back) and it seems stiff, so I don’t think she can move in it much. But then, she’s only wearing it for a brief time while standing up. This is the perfect occasion to wear a display piece of this kind.

21. Simon April 8, 2013 at 19:38 #

i love Balmain, so i’m very happy with this look, love the simple styling ! Gold Jimmy Choos are perfect w this look.

22. ellen April 8, 2013 at 19:53 #

she’s killing it! bdotw!

23. Kathy April 8, 2013 at 21:46 #

It looks very costume-y, especially with the severe slicked back hair. It also feels unnatural and stiff, which tells me Olga is not the person for this dress. She doesn’t seem comfortable or effortless, which is how a red carpet dress should look.

24. Rocio Fuentes April 8, 2013 at 22:05 #

love this dress

25. CreoleLady April 9, 2013 at 01:09 #

Although I would have preferred seeing this on Zoe Saldana, Olga looks good. Much prefer this promo tour over Marion Cottillard’s or Anne Hathaway’s.

26. Cass April 9, 2013 at 01:26 #

The dress makes her look modern, futuristic and something like a warrior princess. Pretty cool. Really different from what we usually see on the red carpet.

27. pipsqueak April 9, 2013 at 05:34 #

I love this look! She looked edgy and elegant, strong and feminine. She’s such a beauty. I actually miss Decarnin’s Balmain. It had a soft element, some fluidity. Now the clothes look too much like armor. Yet Olga managed to make the dress work.

28. MaddyEliza April 11, 2013 at 01:33 #

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this look!!! BDOTW for sure!! My girl crush on Olga continues. :) This dress is SO COOL. :D