Carrie Underwood In Naeem Khan – 2013 ACM Awards

Carrie Underwood In Naeem Khan - 2013 ACM Awards

Just when I thought that a country music event would pass without a Naeem Khan gown taking to the red carpet, up pops Carrie Underwood.

The singer donned a gown from the designer’s Resort 2013 collection for the 2013 ACM Awards, held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada yesterday evening.

While it’s not the type of gown I was expecting – embellished, of course – Carrie does look gorgeous wearing this peony-print strapless ballgown, to which she added a black gazar belt to give more definition at the waist.

I’m not usually the biggest fan of Carrie’s style, but on this occasion she wins me over. Both the type of gown and the styling are refreshing, as is the hairstyle, which was a wavy updo.

David Yurman chandelier earrings, a David Yurman pinkie ring, and a black Jimmy Choo clutch completed her look.

Do you also love Carrie’s look or will she always be a pageant princess to you?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jewel In Edition by Georges Chakra - ACM Awards 2014

Jewel In Edition by Georges Chakra – ACM Awards 2014

Taylor Swift In Dolce & Gabbana - 2013 ACM Awards

Taylor Swift In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 ACM Awards

33 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Naeem Khan – 2013 ACM Awards

1. Rashmi April 8, 2013 at 10:28 #

Oh what a refreshing change!!! The dress fits her perfectly.
    Its such a happy happy gown :D

• Rashmi April 8, 2013 at 10:50 #

Hey FC, just thought of letting you know that, Deepika Padukone wore a Naeem Khan resort 2013 nude beaded gown to Grazia India awards. Do check it, if you get time :)

• Catherine Kallon April 8, 2013 at 11:35 #

yes I know, please can you keep your comment on topic.

• Rashmi April 8, 2013 at 12:57 #

Oh sorry, I just thought of letting you know since the designer was the same and I didn’t find any other medium for getting it across you. Won’t repeat it again.

• Lara April 8, 2013 at 13:36 #

Hi Rashmi, I’m sure you meant well by making a comment off-topic just to let FC know about the Naeem Khan gown worn by someone else. Just letting you know that if you need to send a message about something and don’t want to use the comments area to do it, there is a “Contact” tab at the top of the screen that will allow you to send these types of messages. Hope you’re not deterred from every commenting again.

• Catherine Kallon April 8, 2013 at 14:18 #

Hi, I made the comment because when a comment goes off topic, then people comment about the off topic here instead of when the article is published.

• Rashmi April 8, 2013 at 14:33 #

Hey Lara,
              Thanks a lot for your comment and the ‘CONTACT’ tab advice, I hadn’t known it till now :)
              Yes, I was a bit hurt by the after comment for a minute, but I completely understand FC’s situation and her point!
              And, I cannot stay away from RCFA ;)

2. Alina April 8, 2013 at 10:34 #

I prefer the dress as seen on the model, but Carrie does look great and unexpected!

• admmgz April 8, 2013 at 20:27 #

3. The Very Simon G April 8, 2013 at 11:53 #

I think this swamps her a little. I think it’s the massive rose on the front of the dress, it’s not the same as the campaign one!

4. Amy April 8, 2013 at 12:01 #

love it on the model , hate it on Carrie. It just doesn’t translate well on the red carpet. But I do appreciate the effort, it’s an evolution from the pageant style

• Lashae April 8, 2013 at 12:10 #

+1 It looks so much better on the model. On Carrie, it didn’t look it was fitted well up top.

• dee April 8, 2013 at 14:12 #

• Yeliz April 8, 2013 at 18:06 #

I agree as well, looks great on the model, but not on Carrie.

5. Sam April 8, 2013 at 12:09 #

Cant help feeling that the black belt makes the dress look cheep. It fits the model so perfectly but just seems to billow on Carrie.

6. Angie April 8, 2013 at 12:14 #

I don’t like the waistband and the clutch – I think they’re too heavy somehow.

• AnderBoBo April 8, 2013 at 13:16 #

I agree, I love the refreshing change of aesthetic for Carrie but it seems a bit bogged down with that huge black waistband and uninspired clutch. There are too many beautiful colors in this gown from which to draw inspiration to resort to basic black accessories. I would have loved a bold emerald earring at the least.

• Christine April 8, 2013 at 14:07 #

Agreed +2

7. justme April 8, 2013 at 13:48 #

I love the dress on the model.

While I understand why Carrie wanted to cinch her waist more, the belt she picked is just too wide. I’m also not a fan of the hair.

8. gabis April 8, 2013 at 13:49 #

Awful. It looks sophisticated on the model but on Carrie it looks like a tacky tablecloth with a satin waistband. The black accessories make things even worse.
    I don’t love her hair but it’s nice to see a change from her usual pageant waves. Plus the updo works nicely with the strapless gown.
    The pageant makeup however is still there.

9. Jess2 April 8, 2013 at 13:52 #

Very nice, I really like the addition of the black belt.

10. Nat April 8, 2013 at 13:57 #

It isn’t that refreshing. She finally wore prints yay but the dress has the same cut she always wear so nay. I hate her hair. She should stop with the Barbie hair/make up/ style.

11. EmmaWoodhouse April 8, 2013 at 15:14 #

Love that it’s different, and it’s definitely my third fave of the night after Taylor and Jane…really refreshing from Carrie. That said, her hair is a little messy, and the dress appears to be a little modified. I liked the model’s better.

12. DSI April 8, 2013 at 15:18 #

Great design! Great look for Carrie!

13. MagB April 8, 2013 at 15:43 #

I love it on the model and really dislike it on Carrie. I totally agree – the belt makes the outfit look cheap as does the hair. She tends to always overdo it and this is no different.

• Prudence April 10, 2013 at 07:08 #

agreed. that belt was a terrible idea, far too wide. I gotta say she looks a little wider in this dress and the print completely overpower her. she needs to stop wearing so many poofy dresses and get herself into a column dress a la Nicole Kidman.

14. Moxie April 8, 2013 at 18:07 #

Love the dress and the addition of the belt, but the hair just isn’t working for me.

15. Kathy April 8, 2013 at 19:02 #

The loud floral print is a bit obnoxious and overwhelming on Carrie’s petite frame. It resembles my parent’s old shower curtain. The belt looks like a cheap stretchy headband, so…not great.

16. Nat39 April 8, 2013 at 19:13 #

‘Refreshing’ is a good word, the print is spectacular, the fit of the bodice and the waistband are a bit on a sloppy side but overall def. thumbs up from me.

• adrian April 8, 2013 at 20:12 #

+1 – definitely one of my few Carrie thumbs up.

17. TeaAtTwo April 8, 2013 at 21:41 #

The dress is a spectacle but I wish the band were thinner. The barbie effect is still there with the tan and hair shade but I’m glad she mixed the style up a bit with this dress.

• TeaAtTwo April 8, 2013 at 21:42 #

Thumbs up overall though.

18. MaddyEliza April 11, 2013 at 01:45 #

I love this look! I’ve always loved Carrie’s style but at the same time this is a refreshing change for her. So beautiful. :)