02.04.13

Emilia Clarke In Versace – Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Emilia Clarke In Versace - Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Emilia Clarke made a guest appearance on ‘Late Night With Jimmy Fallon’ yesterday evening in New York City.

The British actress was there to promote both her hit show ‘Games of Thrones’ and her Broadway gig as Holly Golightly in ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’.

It’s no secret that the Versace Spring 2013 collection wasn’t my favourite; the only person who has made it work off the red carpet in my opinion is Celine Dion, although Jessica Biel and Heidi Klum did try.

On this occasion, Emilia’s lace panel chiffon dress with disc embroidery isn’t half bad; it’s the colour I object to, especially when styled with bright-red lips.

Had this been black, I would’ve been more inclined to fall in love with the look, but the butterscotch hue doesn’t work for me on Emilia.

Credit: Getty

Blanca Suarez In Victoria Beckham - 'Los Amantes Pasajeros' Rome Photocall

Blanca Suarez In Victoria Beckham – ‘Los Amantes Pasajeros’ Rome Photocall

Kristin Chenoweth's Torn by Ronny Kobo 'Zoe' Paisley Dress

Kristin Chenoweth’s Torn by Ronny Kobo ‘Zoe’ Paisley Dress

15 Responses to Emilia Clarke In Versace – Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

1. Christine April 2, 2013 at 15:49 #

Not a great look. That collection was just bad.

2. mrs. A April 2, 2013 at 16:06 #

What a boring dress. Fabric looks cheap and some parts look more lingerie than clothing.

• Kyriaki - Cyprus April 2, 2013 at 19:54 #

I had the same reaction. It seems very baby doll-ish..

3. Alina April 2, 2013 at 16:25 #

Hate the makeup.

4. EmmaWoodhouse April 2, 2013 at 16:25 #

it’s not a great look, a bit too short and wispy, but she has great style and looks the best anyone could in that collection. Celebs should just stop wearing it, I think.

5. Marybeth April 2, 2013 at 16:40 #

I adore that color but it’s unflattering to many women’s complexions, including Emilia’s. Then you start trying to “fix” it with make-up, which usually only makes things worse! (Been there, done that.)

She’s done as well as she could with it and looks okay, but choosing that particular dress was a mistake.

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 2, 2013 at 17:09 #

Looks like a cheesy skating costume. The color is what I call baby sh*t brown…flatters no one. The lip is jarring. Yikes.

• Alicat April 2, 2013 at 23:05 #

Perfect description of the colour!! I really dislike this dress. Cheap looking and altogether unflattering on her.

7. Yeliz April 2, 2013 at 17:19 #

I hated this collection, but I like this look. I’m thankful that the dress isn’t one of the tacky dresses which this collection included.

8. dee April 2, 2013 at 17:20 #

Bad makeup, bad dress.

9. Sterling Silver April 2, 2013 at 20:46 #

Just don’t like the color or the fit. And I wonder why actresses always have BARE legs now, that tends to look bad with bruises and veins and such. Lip color ugly and hair is a mess.

10. Aline April 2, 2013 at 21:57 #

I actually really like this collection :333 It’s a shame Heidi wore so many looks from it at once and without giving it justice because I think it kinda saturated everyone.

But anyway, the dress looks nice on her, the problem is that her makeup/the lighting makes everything look ridiculously one tone. All I can see is orange. And the fact she’s sitting on a velvet dark blue chair doesn’t help either.

11. TL April 2, 2013 at 22:10 #

Not sure if it’s the lighting, but I don’t think the color (of the dress) suits her.

12. Prudence April 3, 2013 at 02:06 #

another classic example of why white actresses need to stay away from white, nude, beige, light brown, butter, blush, peach ( any other color in similar tones).

13. HH May 11, 2013 at 02:25 #

Everyone who has commented is either out of their mind or jealous.

Her dark hair in combination with the yellowish hued taupe looks dreamy to me. I like the lipstick color, but I can’t decide if I like it with the dress or not. A matching color on her nails would’ve made it work better, I think. Either way, she is striking.