29.03.13 Premiere

Eva Mendes In Prada – ‘The Place Beyond The Pines’ New York Premiere

Eva Mendes In Prada - 'The Place Beyond The Pines' New York Premiere

Actress Eva Mendes brought the smolder to the New York Premiere of her new film ‘The Place Beyond The Pines’ last night.

The brunette beauty wore a belted, coral Prada gown and blush colored Prada shoes accented with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

While this color is right on trend for the season, something about this look just feels off to me. I think the combo of the ruched bodice, delicate fabric and butterfly encrusted belt is just too sweet a look for anyone, especially the typically sexy Eva. Also, the fact that the dress seems to be the exact color of her blush seems odd, too.

But despite this, her skin is flawless and her gorgeous, shiny hair leaves little question why she is a shampoo spokesperson!

NMX1K1W_mx

You can buy Eva’s Prada sandals from Neiman Marcus.
Credit: Getty

Hailee Steinfeld In Versus Versace J.W. Anderson - Jimmy Kimmel Live

Hailee Steinfeld In Versus Versace J.W. Anderson – Jimmy Kimmel Live

Lara Bingle In Christian Dior - 2013 Prix de Marie Claire Awards

Lara Bingle In Christian Dior – 2013 Prix de Marie Claire Awards

15 Responses to Eva Mendes In Prada – ‘The Place Beyond The Pines’ New York Premiere

1. Anne March 29, 2013 at 12:38 #

I LOVE this. It’s such a gorgeous color and that belt is so lovely. It all screams SPRING! to me without being too literal. She’s one of my personal BDOTW.

I’m not typically one to comment on this, but I do wish she would have cracked a little smile. She looks a tad irritated

2. Yeliz March 29, 2013 at 12:43 #

Surprisingly, I love this look. I think the colour is perfect against her skin tone and I also love the shoes.

3. Christine March 29, 2013 at 13:15 #

I like the dress not the shoes.

4. CreoleLady March 29, 2013 at 13:22 #

Those butterflies on the waistband are a beautifully whimsical touch. Trying to ignore that awful black backdrop and dark red carpet, both are ruining my appreciation for the pretty coral color. I like this look.

5. Carolina March 29, 2013 at 13:28 #

She looks gorgeous in anything but in this, she’s ready for the Lawrence Welk show.

6. shontay March 29, 2013 at 13:39 #

I love this look even though I hate butterflies. I like that she’s not always sexing it up on the red carpet. It’s good to change it up. My only problem is that in some of the pics her skin looked to be the same color of her dress.

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 29, 2013 at 14:13 #

I actually really love this dress, especially the butterfly belt. The color is great on her though the blush matching is odd. I like the shoes, too. My only issue with this look is that it’s very similar to the Dolce and Gabbana (in silhouette) that she wore recently.

8. Burcu March 29, 2013 at 16:12 #

Dress is not bad but not a good choice for her.I am not expecting mini skirts or too much bra effect but at least she can wear something covers her nice figure.For instance Victoria Beckham’s classical dresses will be at least so much better on her like the other Eva.

9. Rebecca Z March 29, 2013 at 16:18 #

Love Carolina’s comment about Lawrence Welk readiness–spot on! Still, I think it is a very pretty dress, though I agree it is a tad sweet. I don’t know enough about the movie to know if her choices for her recent appearances are designed to tie into the character she plays.

It is nice to see someone with a killer body and natural sex appeal not going for the cheap sexy look. She looks classy and ladylike and that is not all bad.

10. Faye March 29, 2013 at 17:49 #

LOVE that belt, I think it maybe looks a bit off because she has boobs and the dress is high necked. But I think she works it!

11. Prudence March 29, 2013 at 17:52 #

I actually cannot remember a time when this girl truly looked great on the red carpet.

12. adrian March 29, 2013 at 19:04 #

My mom would look great wearing this to my Fall wedding. THAT’s what’s wrong with this look

• Alicat March 30, 2013 at 00:08 #

Yes! My very first thought was “mother of the bride”.

13. Alex March 29, 2013 at 20:33 #

Initially, I was underwhelmed.
    On closer inspection, however, I think Eva looks radiant, sweet and sultry – not a combination many stars successfully pull off!

14. Nikki April 1, 2013 at 05:59 #

The sleeves are too short.