Andrea Riseborough In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Oblivion’ World Premiere

Andrea Riseborough In Elie Saab Couture - ‘Oblivion’ World Premiere

Andrea Riseborough took to the red carpet yesterday evening for the world premiere of ‘Oblivion’, held at the Village Recoleta Cinema in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

You may remember that this stunning Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture gown was on my wish list, so I’m ecstatic to see it grace the red carpet.

The gorgeous strapless ivory gown, which features black embroidery and watercolour floral sequin embellishment, unfortunately wasn’t captured well.

I wish someone had been on hand to pull that right side of the gown out for the photos so we could’ve seen this heavenly piece in all its glory.

Also, as gorgeous as Andrea’s chocolaty wavy locks are, I would’ve preferred her hair back in a bun or a ponytail.

It may seem like I have picked this look apart, but I do love the look as she managed to bring a supreme regal elegance to it. She looks like she just stepped out of an epic period drama.

My slight tweaks are a result of seeing this look a thousand times in my mind, only to see it looking different in reality.

One down, four more to go. Bring on Cannes Film Festival.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

33 Comments
Freida Pinto In Proenza Schouler - Net-A-Porter & Proenza Schouler Exclusive Capsule Collection Dinner Party Launch

Freida Pinto In Proenza Schouler – Net-A-Porter & Proenza Schouler Exclusive Capsule Collection Dinner Party Launch

Thandie Newton In Vintage Gathering Goddess - 'Rogue' LA Premiere

Thandie Newton In Vintage Gathering Goddess – ‘Rogue’ LA Premiere

33 Responses to Andrea Riseborough In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Oblivion’ World Premiere

1. Vivien March 27, 2013 at 11:50 #

I rather like that her hair is down. The dress is dreamy and ethereal and pulled back hair would have ruined that for me, the model’s hairstyle is not very pretty with this dress. I think Andrea looks beautiful.

2. Anne March 27, 2013 at 12:01 #

This gown is stunning. I agree with your suggested tweaks, FC

3. Mandy March 27, 2013 at 12:04 #

While she does look lovely i wish the dress had been revealed on a more grander stage.

• Milly March 27, 2013 at 13:46 #

I agree. For me, the model wears it better.

4. The Very Simon G March 27, 2013 at 12:40 #

OMG this is a GORGEOUS dress. WOW WOW WOW!!!!

5. Mia March 27, 2013 at 12:40 #

I like it!

6. Christine March 27, 2013 at 13:01 #

Not liking this on her. A grand dress like this should’ve been reserved for Cannes.

• adrian March 27, 2013 at 19:38 #

7. Irene March 27, 2013 at 13:15 #

I love it ! and I feel quite honored that she decided to wear it for my beloved country.

8. CreoleLady March 27, 2013 at 13:47 #

Mixed feelings. Reminds me of a romance novel cover and not in a completely good way. Maybe if her hair were styled as FC suggests, I would feel more positive about this look. Not liking the two hands on hips pose; not flattering.

9. EmmaWoodhouse March 27, 2013 at 13:58 #

I wish it had been worn at Cannes, but this is on my BDOTY list for sure and is a super-worthy BDOTW contender! FC, this picture shows the right side a bit better. (Hoping that your photo subscription uploads some better shots soon to satisfy you! :))

I actually like her hair down with the strapless neckline. it’s a gorgeous look.

10. Yeliz March 27, 2013 at 14:05 #

I loved this stunning gown on the runway, but Andrea really can’t pull it off. I hope that we’ll this piece again on the red carpet but this time with flawless styling.

• Nat39 March 27, 2013 at 17:52 #

The gown is truly stunning but Andrea simply can’t pull it off, I agree, it’s not working that well on her.

11. TeaAtTwo March 27, 2013 at 14:38 #

I love the dress and while she hasn’t worn it badly I feel underwhelmed seeing it here. I think because I too saw it being worn with a bun at a grander occasion/location.

12. Rebecca Z March 27, 2013 at 14:50 #

She doesn’t appreciate what she is wearing. This is clear from her styling and her failure to manage the dress so that it photographs well. Shame–hope someone with more style repeats it so it gets the showing it deserves.

13. Moxie March 27, 2013 at 14:58 #

Love the dress, but she isn’t working it. The hair is wrong for the dress and she should have adjusted the skirts for the photographers.

14. ash March 27, 2013 at 15:27 #

BDOTW.

15. Nat March 27, 2013 at 16:00 #

I loved the dress. It is stunning but I am not so sure if I loved it on her. She didn’t own it.

16. Daisy March 27, 2013 at 16:15 #

Beautiful girl. Beautiful dress. Wrong girl for the dress.
    There are also major tailoring issues. The skirt is reading as a crumpled curtain. It should have been hemmed or temp hemmed. And I agree on the hair. This look is one big let down.

17. Shoshana March 27, 2013 at 16:31 #

The dress is beautiful but not for her. Neither for the occasion.

18. CreoleLady March 27, 2013 at 17:21 #

I share the mixed feelings expressed here. Not really feeling this romance heroine look. Perhaps different hair and stance would have helped.

• CreoleLady March 27, 2013 at 17:22 #

Oops, so sorry! I could have sworn my original comments were not here. Did not mean to post twice.

19. Jai March 27, 2013 at 18:06 #

Yeah, I’m not a big Saab fan but I actually love this dress. And it’s not working on her at all. The hair, frankly, is awful. Hope it get’s a re-run, as the dress deserves more.

20. Florence March 27, 2013 at 18:32 #

I usually tend to dislike what she wears but this one I really like.she looks stunning. I want to know who Olga was wearing at the premiere

21. roxana March 27, 2013 at 21:40 #

Oh, how beautiful is this dress! she looks like a princess!

22. Sara March 27, 2013 at 22:32 #

She looks uncomfortable in it. Definitely not owning the dress. Her hair bothers me too.

23. firien March 28, 2013 at 00:09 #

Not the right venue for this dress, but I like her hair down. It adds richness to the look.

24. Marybeth March 28, 2013 at 02:16 #

This was my favorite dress of the collection. So gorgeous!
    But I think, like FC, I had such high expectations for its presentation that Andrea lets me down. She looks beautiful but …. something’s missing.

I really hate the hands-on-the-hips stance with a gown like this. It’s inelegant, better suited for an edgy, more casual outfit.

25. Rashmi March 28, 2013 at 06:04 #

Noooo… I wanted this STUNNNING dress to have a bigger premiere :( :(
    Andrea does look beautiful, but alas she doesn’t do much justice to it.

26. Stella March 28, 2013 at 16:48 #

I would have preferred to see such a dreamy gown on another bigger event, anyway she looks the part: AMAZING AND ADORABLE!!!

27. JoshR. March 28, 2013 at 17:18 #

Anybody know how much this dress would cost approximately? My guess would be $20k +. So, not sure if she did any justice…

28. Jess2 March 29, 2013 at 11:22 #

I really want to love this but I just don’t, I expected a lot more. I don’t think she showcased the dress well, the hair isn’t quite right and I don’t feel that Andrea exuded the elegance that this dress commands. It is by no means a bad look, not at all, but I had hoped for more.

29. AnneEV April 17, 2013 at 19:46 #

Your dress should not have more personality than you do; sorry.