26.03.13

Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney – Investiture Ceremony

Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney - Investiture Ceremony

Stella McCartney was accompanied by her husband, Alasdhair Willis, to Buckingham Palace in London today, where the 41-year-old designer collected her OBE for services to fashion from the Queen.

Wearing a chic navy cinched bespoke skirt suit of her own design, Stella added a delicately veiled vintage Cartier headpiece and blue velvet pumps which are also of her own design.

A perfect brand ambassador if ever I saw one.

Stella McCartney, who was Team GB’s Creative Director during the Olympics, joins an esteemed list of designers – including Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen; Dame Vivienne Westwood; and Jimmy Choo founder, Tamara Mellon – in being awarded the Order of the British Empire.

Credit: Getty

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - ‘Rust And Bone’ Toyko Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Rust And Bone’ Toyko Premiere

Jennifer Hudson In Donna Karan - Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Celebration

Jennifer Hudson In Donna Karan – Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Celebration

19 Responses to Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney – Investiture Ceremony

1. Rebecca Z March 26, 2013 at 14:05 #

She looks great though I have to say the suit is surprisingly conventional. Still, it shows off her teeny waist. I love the headpiece with the veil, and I’d take her husband home anytime. Yum!

2. Lee Ann March 26, 2013 at 14:11 #

This is one of the few times I like something that she has designed probably because she took tracing paper and copied DIOR’s Bar jacket.

• Cookie March 26, 2013 at 15:01 #

Well, Dior hardly has the monopoly on the New Look anymore, which I suppose is testament to his legacy. She looks great, though I’m super partial towards skirtsuits.

• LeeAnn March 26, 2013 at 15:23 #

I’m not saying it does have a monopoly but give credit where credit is due. This year Dries (among others) also was influenced by the Bar Jacket he just he made it more original.

• Ramsay March 28, 2013 at 11:39 #

Yes – the look is referencing the Bar Jacket- but also this sharp cut is much more reminiscent of recent McQueen than McCartney – when I first saw the photo I was very surprised because I thought she was wearing McQueen – this tailoring is much more sharp than the usual McCartney one – and for this reason I find it inappropriate – I think it would’ve been much more apppropriate had she worn a true McCartney look – and it’s not because you are meeting the queen that you need to go for such a typical look – I like the look but not on Stella

3. Yeliz March 26, 2013 at 14:26 #

A great and event appropriate look.

• adrian March 26, 2013 at 19:59 #

• Rashmi March 28, 2013 at 09:36 #

+2.

4. Christine March 26, 2013 at 14:44 #

She looks wonderful. Still not a fan of her designs mostly but I cannot fault this look.

5. Marybeth March 26, 2013 at 15:04 #

Wonderful.
    I love the way she has subtly lifted up the look by the touch of brighter blue in her shoes and headpiece.

6. Nat March 26, 2013 at 15:34 #

I wish the skirt was little shorter. On her knee would be perfect. The tuxedo is amazing. Very Diorish.

7. Anj March 26, 2013 at 15:59 #

I am a big fan of those shoes.

8. Dhppy March 26, 2013 at 16:18 #

That suit is perfection really. And that husband is swoonworthy. He’s one of those rare birds who gets sexier with age.

9. Shelby March 26, 2013 at 17:29 #

How is her waist that tiny???

10. Alex March 26, 2013 at 19:04 #

Beautiful!

11. EmmaWoodhouse March 27, 2013 at 00:49 #

Gorgeous (though, as Lee Ann said, very Dior New Look for sure). I got to say, I’m onto her–lol. She clearly CAN design, which means that she must hate a lot of celebrities, and on occasion, herself.
    J/K. But she does look gorgeous and the suit is impeccable. Plus the fascinator MAKES the look!

12. MissAmynae March 27, 2013 at 06:08 #

If any of her collections looked as fantastically tailored and designed as the suit does, she would maybe very well change my opinions regarding her abilities. This is beautiful on her.

And yes, it is definitely inspired by the Bar jacket, but its done very, very well; so I’ll sit and appreciate the homage.

13. bisbee March 27, 2013 at 12:22 #

Even Stella McCartney would benefit from some color on her lips. She looks like death warmed over!

14. TeaAtTwo March 27, 2013 at 15:11 #

One of the good Stella outfits. Her husband looks very Dapper. Both look tailored to perfection.