Rita Ora In Chanel – Bal de la Rose du Rocher

Rita Ora In Chanel - Bal de la Rose du Rocher

Rita Ora was the guest performer at the ‘Bal de la Rose du Rocher’ which took place in Monte Carlo, Monaco on Saturday night.

The singer wore a specially designed Chanel piece created by Karl Lagerfeld for this event.

She started off the performance wearing a dress resembling a ‘Grandes Cocottes’ style gown reminiscent of the Belle Epoque, before transforming into a pop outfit by the end of the act.

I have no words. Do you?

Credit: Sketches courtesy of Chanel & Getty

29 thoughts on “Rita Ora In Chanel – Bal de la Rose du Rocher

1. AnderBoBo

Eek certainly ugly enough to be a Karl design, very trashy looking. Coco is rolling in her grave.

2. Badaboum

Because an outfit is labelled Chanel or Karl Lagerfeld doesn’t mean it looks good. See example above.

3. justme

Did she get punk’d by Karl? Why do the sketches look nothing like what she is wearing?

This is like some Primark lingerie with a tulle bedskirt from Ikea in the back. I mean, what?

4. Yeliz

I’m sure that Coco would not have called this tacky and terrible thing a Chanel design. This is just so bad, I feel sorry for the House of Chanel.

1. Betelgeuze

Actually, right now, there is a thing I’d like to say about… this thing.

Take everything you’ve come to know about a certain Gabrielle Chanel, every idea, ideals, goals, her life, every vision with which she designed hats and clothes plus all the movies you’ve seen about her. Do a negation in the true mathematical logic sense of this word and voilá! THIS is what you get.
      With something left for the Chanel Resort 2013 collection.

5. Emma

Holy s**t! This is soooo tacky!!

Karl must have gone temporarily blind when he designed it or he just panicked and picked up pieces of fabric from the floor.

6. Kat

This looks pretty much like what you’d get if you ordered something ‘Moulin Rouge’-like from a decent costume rental. The fitting of the corsage might be better though.

7. Chivonne

I read somewhere that they get the feeling someone seriously wants Rita Ora to “happen” well it’s happening in every way that is seriously wrong and horrible, as for Mr. Lagerfeld – if this is what you are turning out……… well retirement should be considered.

8. EmmaWoodhouse

OK, I just found my WDOTY. No contest. NO CONTEST. I don’t even have words for this horror. But it’s pretty much proof of why I no longer respect the house of Chanel.

9. Valeria

Not surprised much, it’s what Karl has been doing for a while, surprised instead that only now people start seeing how cheap and tacky almost all things Chanel are