25.03.13

Miley Cyrus In Chanel – Ryan Seacrest Foundation

Miley Cyrus In Chanel - Ryan Seacrest Foundation

Miley Cyrus attended the Ryan Seacrest Foundation’s West Coast debut of a new multi-media broadcast centre, Seacrest Studios, at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange County, California.

Taking her obsession with stripes to a new level, the actress/singer donned a strapless Chanel Spring 2013 jumpsuit.

The wide-legged jumpsuit, which has a retro feel, was styled with a gold choker and a bright-red lip colour.

Not many could pull off this youthful, funky look but I think Miley manages it, although I have a feeling many of you will not agree with me.

You may remember that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore this same jumpsuit back in February.

Credit: Getty

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Rita Ora In Chanel - Bal de la Rose du Rocher

Rita Ora In Chanel – Bal de la Rose du Rocher

32 Responses to Miley Cyrus In Chanel – Ryan Seacrest Foundation

1. Emmeline March 25, 2013 at 16:28 #

Maybe it’s just the way she’s posing, but this is looking kind of clownish. Like, if she lifted up her pants she should be wearing stilts or something. She needed something to break it up.

• Anissa March 25, 2013 at 19:35 #

My thoughts exactly! It even has a circus tent feel to the fabric!

2. Clove March 25, 2013 at 16:37 #

The dress would be cute, but her hair, face, and “smile”….aaargh. I don’t understand Liam…

• Samantha March 30, 2013 at 21:32 #

-1 I think it’s safe to say this outfit does seem quite ridiculous. But this is a fashion site, not a bashing site. If you find something wrong with her face and her “smile” then I’d suggest you go on another profile. And Liam was obviously thinking that he would love to marry such a beautiful woman :D

3. J March 25, 2013 at 16:41 #

i actually like it better on her than on rosie. there’s a life to this, a vibrancy, that rosie couldn’t give.

4. J™ March 25, 2013 at 16:41 #

I love it. I think she’s been having so much fun with fashion since her haircut, and it’s a great, age appropriate look – only a tad trying to hard.

• hjj March 25, 2013 at 20:55 #

• admmgz March 27, 2013 at 14:36 #

5. Moxie March 25, 2013 at 16:45 #

She looks like a runaway from the circus.

6. Abigail March 25, 2013 at 16:57 #

She might have pulled it off if not for the clownish red lipstick. I love the jumpsuit, but it has to be styled right or it definitely won’t work.

• Cookie March 25, 2013 at 20:32 #

+1. Too harsh for her.

• justme March 25, 2013 at 20:37 #

I agree. The lipstick throws the whole thing off. A belt would have also helped matters.

• Jen March 26, 2013 at 12:48 #

Agree. I actually like this on her, it’s just the lipstick is too jarring.

7. Rebecca Z March 25, 2013 at 17:00 #

A belt would have helped in my opinion. But I have to say she is cute and certainly seems determined to do things her own way. Who could blame her–she’s been in the public eye since she was a kid.

8. firien March 25, 2013 at 17:52 #

Despite being the same dress, I can’t compare the two looks. Miley is casual and youthful, while Rosie is a vision of elegance. I can’t say which is better, because both are perfect their own way.

9. Marybeth March 25, 2013 at 17:55 #

Get rid of the gold necklace, the too-loud lipstick, and the black magic-marker eyebrows. Try adding a belt. Then this might work out all right.

OTOH, if Rosie wears something and the result is only “nice enough,” the garment itself is probably not a good choice for ANYONE.

I’ll give her credit for experimenting and for (I hope) recognizing that dressing “grown up” does NOT mean Vegas-girl trashy. It will be interesting to see her work out her style.

10. Yeliz March 25, 2013 at 18:57 #

Just OK, I don’t really love it, but I don’t really hate it either.

11. Sandra March 25, 2013 at 19:02 #

I’m not a fan of Miley, and this look really isn’t anything I’d wear myself, but I think Miley herself is really working it here. The strong lippy, pixie blonde and bright smile all work with the clothes to make a youthful look, and the gold necklace gives the look a modernity which outweighs the circus stripes and almost makes me forget about those silly wide pantlegs. I’m also glad she didn’t wear a belt with this look; she has such a slender but defined shape that it would’ve stood out as an accessory that didn’t really belong, and she pulls this off easily without it.

I actually think she by far outshines Rosie in this outfit; both the attitude and accessories are better.

• Samantha March 30, 2013 at 21:32 #

Who cares if you’re not a fan?

12. Giuseppi Giraffe March 25, 2013 at 19:48 #

She looks eternally strained to me anymore. Maybe I’m projecting that because of the type of gossip I hear about her, but she looks here, as she so often does, like she’s desperate to come across like she’s loving life or something. If not for that, I think she would totally pull this off.

13. Noemi March 25, 2013 at 21:35 #

I think she looks good, but there’s no comparison with Rosie, she looked much better and absolutely chic. There’s something about this girl I really don’t like.

14. daisy March 25, 2013 at 21:40 #

This needed a belt and different makeup and no necklace. Rosie made this look incredible. Miley made this look, as other commenters said, a bit ‘clownish’. Can’t win them all, she’s been on a such a great run lately.

15. jeremyrain March 25, 2013 at 22:11 #

There still something about her that screams “trying way too hard”. She wants to dress edgier and shake off that “Disney princess” image and yet she still poses and grins like usual. She should stick to one style and really commit to it.

16. Christine March 25, 2013 at 23:02 #

Sorry but I like this better on Rosie. She looks not bad at all but this look is much better on Rosie due to height.

17. Ali March 25, 2013 at 23:55 #

In my very honest opinion, she can pull any look off, her figure is great and it makes the jump suit looks fabulous. It’s funky like her style. She’s young and daring, she’s a beautiful girl. The haircut is great and if she feels comfortable with it, keep it up girl, you just smile and play with fashion.

18. Alicat March 26, 2013 at 01:50 #

The stripes are an eyeful but she has the youth and attitude to pull it off. Well done to her!

19. jas March 26, 2013 at 02:37 #

I think she would have pulled it off if she hadn’t worn that gross red lipstick. I agree with everyone who said she looks like a clown.
    I also agree that she probably needed a belt to give her a bit more of a figure.
    I think Rosie looked way better, but Miley could have gotten there with better styling.

20. Rashmi March 26, 2013 at 08:05 #

Rosie was picture of elegance. Miley is having fun with the look. Both are perfect in their space.
    The only thing I will change is the dark lip.

21. Laura March 26, 2013 at 10:30 #

I think to wear long stripes like this on only one outfit, you need to be very tall (like Rosie.
    More Miley could match a red belt to her lipstick … should be great and a bit “Madame” but different and structured.

22. Nat March 26, 2013 at 15:54 #

I love it but the bottom is too loose on her. Doesn’t fit well.

23. EmmaWoodhouse March 26, 2013 at 18:14 #

I didn’t like this look on Rosie, but she wore it better. On Miley it has a very cheesy vibe, and doesn’t appear to be well-fitted. Also, I think it’s worth mentioning that this is just a really awful jumpsuit. It’s convict chic!