Kiernan Shipka In Rag & Bone – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Kiernan Shipka In Rag & Bone - 2013 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Taking a slight side step out of her comfort zone, Kiernan Shipka took a slightly different approach on the red carpet at the 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards held at USC’s Galen Center in Los Angeles, California on Saturday evening.

Dressed in a floral Rag & Bone ‘Ruby’ frock, she maintains a feminine look of refinement while a mesh back gives the look a slight edge which Kiernan ramps up with chunky black wedges.

For many of you this will not be a step far enough out of her comfort-zone, but she could’ve worn the more predictable yellow version of this dress with Mary Jane kitten heels.

You can buy Kiernan’s Rag & Bone dress from Neiman Marcus, Cusp.com, farfetch.com US and farfetch.com, Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Victoria Justice In Pia Pauro - 2013 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Victoria Justice In Pia Pauro – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Selena Gomez In Oscar de la Renta - 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Selena Gomez In Oscar de la Renta – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

16 Responses to Kiernan Shipka In Rag & Bone – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

1. Cookie March 24, 2013 at 18:16 #

Lovely dress but the wedges are too heavy. If she wanted to go for an edgier look a pair of sandals like the ones in the catalogue photo would have been a better choice.

• Christine March 24, 2013 at 18:27 #

• KC March 24, 2013 at 19:45 #

Uh, she’s 13!!! She doesn’t need to be doing anything “edgy”! WTF

• Cookie March 24, 2013 at 23:50 #

Then why’s she adding big black boots to a perfectly straightforward floral dress? I’m not saying she needs to, I’m just saying it seems to be the rationale behind the styling. I like her style as is TBH

• dee July 8, 2013 at 17:38 #

I agree.

2. Emmeline March 24, 2013 at 18:17 #

She looks amazing, as always. I think the shoes were a great touch and kept this from being too precious.

3. justme March 24, 2013 at 18:18 #

Imo, this A-line floral dress is right up her usual alley. And it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

I don’t get the shoes though. If she really wanted to toughen up her look, I think she should have done something different with her hair or makeup.

4. Nat39 March 24, 2013 at 18:19 #

I don´t like the booties, would´ve preferred an interesting playful sandal. Cute and nice enough and forgettable overall.

5. KK March 24, 2013 at 19:08 #

I like this but I only feel like she she dipped her toe out of her comfort zone. The dress is very much her MO, but the shoes are different for her and I appreciate even that little step towards fashion experimenting.

6. asherlev1 March 24, 2013 at 19:18 #

People have a problem with her style? I, for one, NEVER want her to step too far out of her comfort zone. It works perfectly for her….okay, I don’t mean “never”. I hope her style evolves with her age, but in a steady manner. I don’t want her to careen wildly between different looks. That said, this honestly was just okay? I BLAME RACHEL ZOE FOR THOSE SHOES. There were different routes she could have gone if she wanted to toughen up the looks. But from the ankles up, it’s really lovely. Idk, maybe I’m biased because I would steal (mostly) everything Kiernan wears in a heartbeat, but I digress.

7. Yeliz March 24, 2013 at 20:41 #

For the first time, I don’t like her shoe choice. The rest is lovely.

• Rebecca Z March 24, 2013 at 20:48 #

8. Alex March 24, 2013 at 22:01 #

Love it!

9. EmmaWoodhouse March 25, 2013 at 02:06 #

Not loving the shoes, but the rest is gorgeous. She’s so classy and stylish. Adorable, one of the best.

10. Marisa March 25, 2013 at 04:51 #

I love this whole look. I know a lot of people are complaining about the shoes, but c’mon-give this girl a break, she’s 13! Lord knows she’s doing a lot better things with clothes then I was at that age!

11. Jess2 March 25, 2013 at 10:49 #

I like this different approach, the dress is great on her. I’m not too sure about the boots, something less clunky probably would have been preferred but I don’t think they bring the look down too much.