Rachel Bilson In Christian Dior – BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Launch Party

Rachel Bilson In Dior - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Launch Party

Rachel Bilson attended the BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone launch party held at Cecconi’s Restaurant in Los Angeles, California yesterday evening.

Known for her love of all things Chanel, she surprised me by wearing a look from the Christian Dior Spring 2013 collection.

This collection has had a very mixed response from you, with the majority disliking most pieces, especially the dress worn by Isabel Lucas.

Rachel wore a black strapless bustier dress with pink-and-orange organza pieces cascading from the neckline.

It’s one of the safer options from this collection, and the actress further played it safe by adding simple black pumps to her look.

Does this look fall flat on Rachel? I think it does. She can do better.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

AnnaSophia Robb In Alice + Olivia - ‘Breakfast At Tiffany’s’ Broadway Opening Night

AnnaSophia Robb In Alice + Olivia – ‘Breakfast At Tiffany’s’ Broadway Opening Night

20 Responses to Rachel Bilson In Christian Dior – BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Launch Party

1. liz March 21, 2013 at 16:34 #

it’s so DULL!!! my god

2. Faellie March 21, 2013 at 16:39 #

The fit around the bust looks positively painful.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 21, 2013 at 16:48 #

+1. All over awful fit. Looks like a dishrag on her.

• EmmaWoodhouse March 22, 2013 at 03:31 #

+2 plus that part hanging off looks like a dishrag itself. I just thought “sad” when I saw this whole look.

3. Beth Rodrigues March 21, 2013 at 16:42 #

Hair, lifeless, shoes, black.. why? If she’s got pink and orange with the dress..why not , oh I don’t know..color, maybe. Some edgy bracelets, lippy color ..she appears to have just thrown this look on..too bad

4. Beta March 21, 2013 at 16:56 #

I love the dress but would have prefered the runway shoes

5. Nat39 March 21, 2013 at 17:02 #

The pink-and-orange piece hanging there on the side is odd and completely nonsensical, but this dress could’ve still worked a bit better with an inspiring shoe and on someone with more poise and sex appeal, Rachel is simply not selling it.

6. Marybeth March 21, 2013 at 17:09 #

This is one piece from the collection that I thought might work beautifully with creative styling. Unfortunately, Rachel has added nothing to the dress except stringy hair and black pumps.

I don’t like the cut of her version either. It sits way too low at the bust and the skirt is too long. (I don’t think the skirt needs to be quite as short as the model’s, but Rachel’s is almost knee length.) The proportions are lost in translation from runway to red carpet.

A rare fail for Ms. Bilson.

7. Yeliz March 21, 2013 at 17:43 #

Rachel can do MUCH better. This is boring, though I’m glad that she picked this dress from the collection instead of picking an awful piece like the one Isabel wore.

8. jeremyrain March 21, 2013 at 17:44 #

Construction-wise, Raf is one of the best tailor. But I wish he could inject some of those embroidery,print or bold color that John Galliano had left on the house. Whether Raf likes it or not, Galliano is part of the Dior’s DNA now.

• JJ March 21, 2013 at 20:03 #

+1 I don’t think Raf is a good fit for Dior.

9. Anj March 21, 2013 at 17:59 #

I love this dress and it looks better on Rachel because you can see the pink organza better. I wish she’d picked a more architecturally interesting black shoe though.

10. Moxie March 21, 2013 at 18:19 #

The dress is sad and lifeless, as is her hair. The shoes are just sad.

11. Neli March 21, 2013 at 18:24 #

What a boring look: the dress, the hair, the shoes…

12. Leeann March 21, 2013 at 19:21 #

This is actually quite a pretty dress in the real world but it does not fit quite right here. We may have slated the collection here but it is practically sold out worldwide .

13. dee March 21, 2013 at 19:35 #

Don’t like the dress to begin with and it doesn’t look any better on Rachel.

14. Angela March 21, 2013 at 23:52 #

I completely resented this Cooke toi when it was first shown, and this doesn’t help to reverse the damage. The layers of dusty punk and rust tullé make the dress look like a low quality costume, and I can’t look past it.

• Angela March 21, 2013 at 23:53 #

*Collection

15. MissAmynae March 22, 2013 at 00:22 #

Whomp Whomp Whaaaaaa (sad trombone)

16. Christine March 22, 2013 at 01:09 #

Not her finest look. Very horrid.