21.03.13 Premiere

Elisabeth Moss In McQ Alexander McQueen – ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 Premiere

Elisabeth Moss In McQ Alexander McQueen - ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 Premiere

Elisabeth Moss attended the ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 premiere held at the DGA Theater in Los Angeles, California yesterday evening with her cast mates.

Like Christina Hendricks, she also opted for black, but her McQ Alexander McQueen frock was shorter in length and featured a deep plunging neckline for sex appeal and lightly structured sides and pleated skirt for added flare.

As I have seen this dress in a butterfly camouflage print I was surprised to see Elisabeth’s dress had an open back. Only do discover that this feature is a result of the zipper not being able to go all the way up.

For some this would be tres embarrassing and they would walk with their back to the wall all night, but Elisabeth seemed happy to rock the look as if the open back was intended. Way to work girl!

Black bow-front Sergio Rossi peep-toes with gold piping, a perspex Charlotte Olympia ‘Pandora’ clutch and a stack of gold Melinda Maria rings accessorized her flirty look.

A matte pink lip colour and side-swept bangs provided the finishing touches.

10357667_1852253_1000

You can buy Elisabeth’s Charlotte Olympia ‘Pandora’ clutch from farfetch.com US and farfetch.com.

Credit: Getty

Marchesa Fall 2013 On ModaOperandi

Marchesa Fall 2013 On ModaOperandi

Christina Ricci In Clover Canyon - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Launch Party

Christina Ricci In Clover Canyon – BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Launch Party

19 Responses to Elisabeth Moss In McQ Alexander McQueen – ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 Premiere

1. Anj March 21, 2013 at 20:09 #

The open back is actually kind of cool. The zipper stops at an optimal point to make it seem intentional. The front is even better. This look is a win.

• NooG March 21, 2013 at 20:14 #

• justme March 21, 2013 at 21:08 #

I agree tbh. I’m willing to let this one slide because it somewhat works lol.

• Christine March 22, 2013 at 00:54 #

She made it worked. I like the clutch.

2. Charlotte March 21, 2013 at 20:14 #

Great look.

3. scarlett March 21, 2013 at 20:55 #

No, I’m sorry it just looks sloppy, the dress clearly doesn’t fit properly. Messy.

• AW March 22, 2013 at 02:00 #

I agree and I think I saw this dress in the mall today.

The hair is also bad, doubty.

Her smile is the best part of the look.

4. Rebecca Z March 21, 2013 at 21:39 #

What a trouper! She looks great from the front.

5. CreoleLady March 21, 2013 at 21:45 #

F.A.I.L. As in complete and utter failure. Laughable. Get a dress that fits.

6. Yeliz March 21, 2013 at 22:32 #

This dress would have been so boring without the open back. I love her self-confidence by posing with her back to the photographers. I think she looks nice.

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 22, 2013 at 03:37 #

Was it not possible to find a dress that fit? I can’t believe it.
    Not liking this dress, too revealing from the front, and though the open back could have worked it’s clearly poor fit.

8. Denise March 22, 2013 at 07:37 #

I don’t get this! Of all the dresses out there she chose one that doesn’t fit! Is this the new “cool” ????

• dee March 22, 2013 at 12:16 #

I agree. Why wear a dress that doesn’t fit you? Looks silly.

9. Feminist Model March 22, 2013 at 13:10 #

The way I see it is that there has been a problem with the stylist… She chose that dress and they realized at the last minute that it was too small. And they had no plan B. Problems like this happen to everyone, even celebrities! And Mrs Moss would have said: “Well, you know what? Don’t feel bad. I’ll wear it anyway, because it’s still a nice dress, and that will bring a touch of fun on the red carpet!” So, in my story, it’s a very beautiful turn of event, and a nice illustration of someone who isn’t a diva a slightest :-)

10. MissMarlboroLites March 22, 2013 at 14:11 #

After seeing the pics of this event on another website, I was keen to see the reaction to this dress here. If this had happened to me, I’d probably have not attended the event! At the very least the unclosed zipper could have been removed form the dress to make it look like it was intentional but it just looks a bit sorry.

11. Lex March 22, 2013 at 14:50 #

I find this inspiring. Styling in an inventive break the rules way. The dress is more interesting with the open back. Now I’m going to wear my too small dresses too, yay!

12. Amy March 22, 2013 at 19:57 #

the twins are out!
    I like the fact that she took a wardrobe issue and changed it in a style statement. I don’t mind, she’s working it!

13. Alicat March 23, 2013 at 02:58 #

To get such an open back effect the dress is many sizes too small, which also explains why so much cleavage is showing. To me it is disappointing and lazy. Fit is so important.

14. Cris March 23, 2013 at 17:33 #

Looks like even the plunging neckline is beginning to rip at the seams. She clearly shouldn’t have forced herself into a dress that’s busting at the seams from the front and back.