21.03.13 Advertising

Beyonce Knowles for H&M’s Summer 2013 Campaign

Beyonce for H&M Summer 2013

Beyoncé Knowles has been unveiled as the star of H&M’s Summer 2013 campaign.

The entertainer, who kicks off her sold-out Mrs. Carter Show World Tour on April 15, will appear in television and print ads which were shot in Nassau in the Bahamas by photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, while the commercial was directed by Jonas Åkerlund, featuring pieces from the H&M summer collection.

The print and outdoor billboards introduce “Beyoncé as Mrs. Carter in H&M”, with the idea that all women can be all things: strong, vulnerable, sensual, maternal, fun, flirtatious.

The swimwear and beachwear pieces which feature in the collection will be available in H&M stores and online worldwide in May.

Beyoncé said, “I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun and affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements – fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island. It felt more like making a video than a commercial.”

“H&M’s summer campaign starring Beyoncé is an epic fantasy, with glamour, drama and also a sense of paradise. It was amazing to watch her on the shoot make it all look effortless – a quality that makes her such an icon for women around the world. The campaign is the essence of Beyoncé, and also the essence of H&M this summer”, says Donald Schneider, H&M’s Creative Director.

Credit: Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin for H&M

Yasmin Le Bon In Gucci - ‘David Bowie Is’ Exhibition Dinner Party

Yasmin Le Bon In Gucci – ‘David Bowie Is’ Exhibition Dinner Party

January Jones In Jonathan Saunders - 'Mad Men' Season 6 Premiere

January Jones In Jonathan Saunders – ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 Premiere

23 Responses to Beyonce Knowles for H&M’s Summer 2013 Campaign

1. Vida March 21, 2013 at 10:26 #

We are not worthy!!! She is such a goddess!

2. Ines March 21, 2013 at 12:19 #

I absolutely love this ! I knew it was coming as a member of her team actually tweeted about it, and then some picture surfaced but this is great :) I will not buy any H&M but I love the ads :)

3. Christine March 21, 2013 at 12:48 #

Love! This is beautiful! I cannot to see the pieces from this collection.

4. Yeliz March 21, 2013 at 12:59 #

A great collaboration.

5. dee March 21, 2013 at 13:11 #

I am so tired of seeing her.

6. TeaAtTwo March 21, 2013 at 13:29 #

It is quite a nice shot I prefer to see models in fashion ads especially if they’re not widely admired for their style.

7. Amy March 21, 2013 at 13:37 #

nice pics but seriously i think we’re on the edge of a Bey overdose. She’s literally everywhere,same for Rihanna

8. Noemi March 21, 2013 at 13:56 #

“I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun and affordable fashion”. Was she ironic or maybe sarcastic? I bet she never set foot in a HM store in her life. She hardly leaves her house if she doesn’t wear thousands of dollars. I don’t understand the choice of some people, a good ambassador for a brand should be, in my opinion, somebody who makes me think that he/she trusts in what she represents. Does she ever wear something that is not by an expensive brand?

• Simon March 21, 2013 at 20:46 #

She actually does look affordable fashion, and FC did mention it, she wore Topshop or Reiss. I remember seeing pic of her in Barcelona shopping @ Zara. So yes when she knows she gonna have 15 paparazzi shooting her she is wearing Isabel Marant and stuff but she still living her life, we don’t have pic of her EVERY single day and i’m sure she does wear H&M etc.

• Grellz March 22, 2013 at 02:08 #

I kind of agree. Someone like Zoe Kravitz or Vanessa Hudgens might be a little more believable. (Even if Beyonce occasional wears H&M and Topshop).

• Kathy March 22, 2013 at 18:01 #

You raise a good point. Beyonce wears high-street brands a lot, but that’s a world away from H&M. It doesn’t feel convincing, and she’s certainly not going to persuade me to shop at H&M. An honest ambassador will.

9. Beta March 21, 2013 at 14:47 #

I dont know, I dont think Beyonce has ever worn H&M, like Never.Ever. Maybe im getting a bit sick of Beyonce (“Bow down B*tches” ¬¬) but im not feeling this colaboration

• ahot March 21, 2013 at 15:52 #

Ita. Isn´t it a bit too peasantry for her to associate her “mindblowing greatness” to such a common retailer?
      As long as she is just the face or something & doesn´t inflict on us her awful designs, H&M might still get my money this summer…

10. Jamie March 21, 2013 at 15:40 #

I highly doubt she has ever shopped at H&M.

11. carol March 21, 2013 at 17:47 #

you bet wrong. first of all her mother brand is not expensive/huge what she wears a lot, and ive already saw her with a bag from topshop . srry the english

12. CreoleLady March 21, 2013 at 18:40 #

As always, the camera just loves her face. Still prefer her sister’s Madewell mixmaster ads (Solange looked so natural and free and it was a great brand fit, imo) but this pic is nice.

13. LOLA March 21, 2013 at 20:33 #

She’s known for wearing affordables brands so i think it’s a good collaboration.
    She is beautiful. Such a goddess

14. Simon March 21, 2013 at 20:49 #

If people are tired of Beyonce, i’m tired of people hating on her, i mean she is the sweetest business woman. Yes she does wear affordable fashion, yes she is beautiful. Get over it.

15. doc March 21, 2013 at 21:24 #

She has worn H&M before. Some people here are acting like they have been to her house and have seen her everyday and know for a fact that she doesn’t have anything from H&M. I guess it’s easier to just assume and criticize rather than just say “that’s nice” and move on.

• arjun March 22, 2013 at 08:56 #

did u ever saw her wore one time in pics hm before this shoot
      maybe u’re her fan, but yes we prefer someone who we have saw wore hm, like kate moss for top shop or other people
      she just look for money that’s it and im sure we never saw her wore hm

16. EmmaWoodhouse March 22, 2013 at 03:14 #

The photo shown here is very “pin-up” like–it’s not making me want to buy the clothes.

17. arjun March 22, 2013 at 08:53 #

DOC had u ever see one time her wore a hm
    these celebrities always say that, i always lov it, i lov it,but we never saw them until the contract and the money in the bank
    and use beyonce, i never saw her or imagine her for hm, for hm i would prefer solange,or someone else and this advert its dnt make me want buy this clothes, i find it very boring
    and im overdose about her

• doc March 22, 2013 at 14:08 #

Yes, I have seen pictures of her in H&M clothing. She wore a brown lace overlay dress by them while out shopping. I have also seen her in topshop many times and her documentary even includes footage of her wearing a blazer from topshop. Just a few months ago she was seen in a 150 dollar dress. But most of these looks were not discussed on this site. I guess the real issue here is not whether you believe she wears H&M and other cheap fast fashion brands, it’s just that you don’t want to see her have the endorsement because it’s specifically Beyonce.