Emilia Clarke In Dries van Noten – LAX

Emilia Clarke In Dries van Noten - LAX

When most of us get ready to head to the airport, we don’t have the added pressure of a hoard of paparazzi following us, so we’re likely to wear a super-laid-back look which can often include comfy sweatpants and in some cases PJs.

Emilia Clarke no longer has that luxury, although her Dries van Noten Spring 2013 ensemble does look super comfy.

Arriving at LAX yesterday en route back to New York, the British actress wore a plaid shirt with floral-print pants, which is a print mash up the likes of Solange Knowles will be dying to get their hands on.

Adding solid colours to her look, she accessorized with a white cardigan, black peep-toes and a Ralph Lauren bag with tassel and gold stirrup accents.

Did she nail her airport look, or is she too dressed up for a 5 hour flight?

Credit: Style.com & Bauer Griffin

Diane Kruger In Thakoon - 'The Host' LA Premiere

Diane Kruger In Thakoon – ‘The Host’ LA Premiere

Saoirse Ronan In Lanvin - 'The Host' LA Premiere

Saoirse Ronan In Lanvin – ‘The Host’ LA Premiere

20 Responses to Emilia Clarke In Dries van Noten – LAX

1. EmmaWoodhouse March 20, 2013 at 12:04 #

Love the shirt and cardigan, the pants are print overload but the color scheme is harmonic so I’ll give her a pass. Her hair is so shiny!

2. T from Sydney March 20, 2013 at 12:19 #

judging by the make up shes just come from the red carpet for GoT.

I think she looks fab its chic and comfortable.

3. Yeliz March 20, 2013 at 12:22 #

Normally I wouldn’t like these two prints together but it somehow works here. She looks gorgeous, but if I was about to take a 5 hour flight I wouldn’t wear peep-toes.

4. dee March 20, 2013 at 12:47 #

This is not really my style but I really like this look. I like her cardigan must better than what the model has on. She is really becoming one to watch as far as style goes.

5. Christine March 20, 2013 at 13:35 #

the shoes is too much for a 5 hour flight unless she changes them in the bathroom.

I like the print.

6. Neli March 20, 2013 at 14:03 #

too much….

7. Moxie March 20, 2013 at 14:06 #

This is too much pattern. They just don’t work together. The cardigan and top are fine. The cardigan would have worked with those pants and a plain top, but the three pieces together? Big fat NO. Not the shoes I would have worn on a plane, with all of the walking you have to do in an airport, but since she’s expecting to be photographed by paps I can understand them.

8. Lee ann March 20, 2013 at 14:18 #

The shoes, cardigan and bag do not work at all with this look. I love Dries but you can’t wear most of the look and then ruin it with prim accessories- the white cardigan is frankly hideous-especially since I know the tone of the top and trousers which are warmer ( I have debated buying the material of the trousers in a top) you either do the whole look or you wear 1 piece. never heard of her but she based on this should get a new stylist.

9. Lee ann March 20, 2013 at 14:23 #

PS-She tied the belt completely wrong and I do not think I have ever seen a season when Dries paired an outfit with peep toes-its not in his DNA! this is just so wrong on so many levels it has put me in a very bad mood. I don’t think I have been so irratated since Brittany (or someother pop tart)wore the brand.

• L March 20, 2013 at 14:51 #

Calm down, Jesus, she is just wearing some clothes, no reason to work yourself up of the fact that Dries Van Noten would **NEVER EVER** have paired this with “dear lord” PEEP TOES!! Dries didn’t pair it, she did, she choose (or her stylist) to wear peep toe heels with the look (which is a bit much for the airport), cause the pants would have looked way to long and baggy if she hadn’t. Calm yourself down! It’s a matter of personal taste on her part, also that belt is pretty much just a string so I don’t think their is any way to tie it “completely wrong” she just didnt tie it the way it was on the runway. Since when does every celeb have to make every look, look the exact same it did on the runway?

• Lee ann March 20, 2013 at 16:08 #

you clearly don’t understand my sense of humour.
        Are you telling me Dries didn’t leave his house in Belgium to personally put peep shoes on her feet-I really thought he did! Thank you for setting me straight.
        By the way unless I am wrong I thought the whole point of this blog was to comment on whether you liked or disliked how the individual interrpretted a runway look.
        just to put the belt in perspective Raf Simmons held a seminar at Dior recently for the salepeople explaining the correct way to tie his belts. It lasted an hour. Next time I see him I’ll let him know that there isn’t a wrong way to tie a belt>
        Thank you I can rest easy now.

10. Petra March 20, 2013 at 15:46 #

Though I prefer the runway styling over those peep-toes, I love this look, she really looks so comfortable yet chick. I must add, I LONG to see more of this collection on the red carpet (it was my fave of all the SS’13 shows)

11. gusalvelas March 20, 2013 at 17:11 #

If i can do it, i would fly in a Christian Dior by John Galliano Gown with a full skirt, thight corset and meters of train, LOLZ…i mean, she look amazing in those luxury brands and at the same time comfy

12. ash March 20, 2013 at 22:16 #

I find it a little pretentious. Dries van Noten’s clothes are designed to be mixed and match with whatever is already in a woman’s wardrobe, and the fact that her shirt and pants were the same combo from the one on the runway, it bothers me. Those clunky peep toes are ugly too.

• Lee Ann March 21, 2013 at 13:35 #

Exactly

13. TeaAtTwo March 21, 2013 at 15:18 #

I like the pieces but not sure about how she styled it mostly the shoes don’t seem to go with the ethos of the clothes. I’m with how she tied the belt lol.

• Leeann March 21, 2013 at 20:50 #

Dries definitely doesn’t do Peep toes in the 10 years I have bought his clothes and followed him I have never seen a peep toe in his collection as I said above its not in his DNA

It’s like trying to pair Celine with Cavelli

14. TeaAtTwo March 22, 2013 at 01:17 #

Not sure if these http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2006RTW-DVNOTEN/#56 or http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2006RTW-DVNOTEN/#53
    count as peeptoes but these particular shoes feel too ‘aggressive’ and clunky for his strong but romantic clothes.

• Lee Ann March 22, 2013 at 15:04 #

Wow I think they -well remembered- but I guess because they are more espedrille in material and feel I didn’t remember . Yes patent leather peeptoe platforms are just far too heavy.

15. Alexandra March 26, 2013 at 00:40 #

she looks nice but comfortable, maybe except for the shoes ;) dressing in a ball gown or suit could be ‘too dressed up’ but not this! i don’t understand this custom of wearing sweatpants everywhere, especially in public situation like going on a plane, for the sake of being COMFY, there are numerous outfits you can wear to feel that way and still look presentable!