18.03.13

Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace – FilmAid Asia Power of Film Gala

Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace - FilmAid Asia Power of Film Gala

Uma Thurman brandished a samurai sword, ‘Kill Bill’ style, while attending the FilmAid Asia Power of Film Gala held at Clear Water Bay Film Studios in Hong Kong on Saturday evening, doing nothing to dispel the rumours that she will be reuniting with director Quentin Tarantino to begin production of the much-anticipated sequel, ‘Kill Bill: Vol. 3.’

At the annual event Uma looked stunning, wearing a custom Atelier Versace gown.

Donatella created a stunning one-shoulder deep-red silk-satin dress with flattering ruching details and a jewelled detail at the hip.

Not settling on just that ruby accent, the actress added a lot of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry, including a gold cuff, embellished earrings, a selection of rings and a gem-encrusted bracelet.

A sleek slicked-back bun and a black Kotur clutch completed the look.

Credit: Getty

Qiu Lan In Peter Pilotto - 7th Asian Film Awards Cocktail Party

Qiu Lan In Peter Pilotto – 7th Asian Film Awards Cocktail Party

Michelle Yeoh In Elie Saab Couture - 7th Asian Film Awards

Michelle Yeoh In Elie Saab Couture – 7th Asian Film Awards

20 Responses to Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace – FilmAid Asia Power of Film Gala

1. Nat39 March 18, 2013 at 18:02 #

Not a fan of the design – it’s kinda cheap and costumey-looking.

• DivaDebbi March 18, 2013 at 20:32 #

+1. Looks flammable.

• adrian March 19, 2013 at 20:39 #

too many elements: rouching, one shoulder, peek-a-boo shoulder, color, slit, gathering/rope. Too much!

2. Kathy March 18, 2013 at 18:06 #

I want to love this look so badly, but the slinky fabric (which comes off as tacky) and Uma’s bad posture in the picture on the left make it impossible. It’s like a prom dress gone wrong. Plus, she did not need all those accessories. They’re just too much.

• Christine March 19, 2013 at 00:20 #

Agreed. The dress is not a good look.

3. Amber March 18, 2013 at 18:07 #

She looks fabulous!

4. dee March 18, 2013 at 18:11 #

Love the hair, makeup and color of the dress. Not fond of the dress itself. Looks sloppy.

5. Tiger Nueng March 18, 2013 at 19:12 #

I like her hairdo that go with the dress and I thinks this only tall woman like Uma can dressed this dress.

6. Stel March 18, 2013 at 19:36 #

I DIDN’T RECOGNIZE HER!!! She got so much botox, it’s terryfying!! I love that hair updo, but the dress is not so well-designed..

• abasss March 19, 2013 at 21:45 #

I couldn’t recognize her either. Why Uma, why? I still look at the picture trying to find the Uma I know and love but I can’t seem to find her.

7. DorianGray March 18, 2013 at 20:34 #

This dress is just AMAZING! And Uma has the right attitude to wore it with grace. Great work Donatella.

8. Yeliz March 18, 2013 at 21:20 #

The gown doesn’t look custom made in my eyes. I don’t like this look.

9. Sharon March 18, 2013 at 21:45 #

Uma looks beautiful post-baby. The color is perfect for her and I love her hair and make-up.

10. Betelgeuze March 18, 2013 at 22:08 #

I’ve been staring at these pictures for a while now. It may be because I think she’s a great actress but never paid other atention to her, or probably that I can count only four movies I’ve seen with her, the latest one being the superhero ex thing, but I don’t recognize a single feature of hers. At all. It astonishes me.

The dress is very pretty. I’d swap the clutch for a gold one and the updo for something more relaxed, though.

11. Alicat March 18, 2013 at 23:19 #

Agree that she is facially unrecognisable. Not a fan of shiny satin especially when combined with red and overly complicated draping.

12. EmmaWoodhouse March 19, 2013 at 02:56 #

Really liked it originally–then saw the slit, the overdraped dress that doesn’t really flatter, and the mismatched bracelets…well, it’s not working for me quite. The color and lustrous fabric are great, and the katana (is that a katana?) wielding shot looks great–the dress seems to flatter there. But in the long shot it’s not great.

13. the ogre March 19, 2013 at 09:02 #

i don’t like it! not one bit! it’s unflattering to her gorgeous figure and somehow the top makes her look a bit wider than she really is so this doesn’t work for me at all.

14. msd March 19, 2013 at 10:53 #

This is awful. The dress looks cheap and something odd has been done to her face.

15. Agathe March 19, 2013 at 12:56 #

The dress looks better in pictures taken without flash, but her “engineered” face looks terrible indeed. Close-ups are scary. Let’s hope she’ll feel more comfortable after a few weeks back on the red carpet and stop injecting chemicals in her lovely face.

16. Cindy March 19, 2013 at 16:37 #

I honestly thought this was mis-labeled. This is NOT Uma Thurman. If it wasn’t for the samurai sword, I would still argue its not her. Like others above, I simply cannot recognize her…at all. It is completely baffling to me that a beautiful mother would do something like this to herself. I don’t mind the dress. Certainly not my first choice of fabric.