Qiu Lan In Peter Pilotto – 7th Asian Film Awards Cocktail Party

Qiu Lan In Peter Pilotto - 7th Asian Film Awards Cocktail Party

Qiu Lan joined Michelle Yeoh on the red carpet at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hong Kong on Sunday for the 7th Asian Film Awards cocktail party ahead of the main event.

Not one for princess ballgowns, the Asian beauty wore an edgy look by London-based design duo Peter Pilotto.

Her sleeveless, square-neck Spring 2013 cocktail dress with a slight trumpet silhouette and cut-out detail could be mistaken for a top and skirt, as the look features an elaborate beaded, sequinned emerald-and-black embroidered top with a contrasting printed skirt.

Embracing both new and classic perspectives on elegance, utilising otherworldly patterns on soft sculptural shapes, her dress, which focuses on modernity, was thankfully not styled with plain black pumps.

Qiu Lan opted for a perforated pair of nude open-toe sandals, completing the look with rosy cheeks and a dark-pink lip colour.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Alba In Peter Som - ‘The Honest Life’ Mondrian Hotel Book Promotion

Jessica Alba In Peter Som – ‘The Honest Life’ Mondrian Hotel Book Promotion

Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace - FilmAid Asia Power of Film Gala

Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace – FilmAid Asia Power of Film Gala

11 Responses to Qiu Lan In Peter Pilotto – 7th Asian Film Awards Cocktail Party

1. Anj March 18, 2013 at 17:47 #

I like the print at the top but not the bottom half.

2. Nat39 March 18, 2013 at 17:50 #

It’s certainly an interesting (and very busy) dress, but the top and the skirt part are completely disjointed and have nothing to do with each other. The nude shoes are too muted and do not support the more saturated vibrancy of the dress – a sandal in a complementary darker colour or simple black would’ve worked much better.

3. Kathy March 18, 2013 at 18:03 #

I love the pattern play here. It’s interesting but not gimmick-y. This collection is very hit-and-miss, because of all the prints which can be overwhelming or even incoherent…in this case it’s a rare hit for me. I like her choice of shoes as well. Very nice.

4. dee March 18, 2013 at 18:09 #

This is decent. I like that she didn’t let her shoes compete with the rest of her look.

5. Moxie March 18, 2013 at 20:58 #

I would have preferred a more colorful shoe.

6. Jonne March 18, 2013 at 21:04 #

I think this dress could of worked if she chose different shoes. Those shoes literally kill this look.

7. Yeliz March 18, 2013 at 21:17 #

I don’t like the shoes with this dress. The dress is nice on her.

8. Alicat March 18, 2013 at 23:23 #

I love this look. It really suits her. The current trend to wear bright prints together can be jarring but this works.

9. Christine March 19, 2013 at 00:34 #

Not working for me.

10. Lyu March 19, 2013 at 00:58 #

Her name is”QIN LAN”.

11. EmmaWoodhouse March 19, 2013 at 02:54 #

It’s an interesting concept, and if the keyhole weren’t there I’d give it the time of day since it’s pristinely fitted. The problem remains, though, that the mismatched prints aren’t gelling. The skirt with a simple black top, or the top (sans keyhole nonsense) with a slim plain pencil skirt, could be fabulous. As it is…it’s just too crazy. Also I think she should have chosen a bright shoe, blue to match the belt would have done a good job in trying to pull the look together.