Michelle Yeoh In Elie Saab Couture – 7th Asian Film Awards

Michelle Yeoh In Elie Saab Couture - 7th Asian Film Awards

Michelle Yeoh’s second red carpet outing in as many days saw her grace the red carpet at the 7th Asian Film Awards in Hong Kong, China this evening.

Looking much more like her elegant self, the legendary actress wore an Elie Saab Fall 2012 Couture gown.

Her printed gown with a rich gold-lace-embroidered bodice was styled with a gold clutch and silver jewels.

I’m trying to overlook the silver jewels – my preference would’ve been gold – but if I put my finger over the clutch, the silver jewels do surprisingly work for me with the gold embroidery.

Simple makeup and a chic chignon completed her look.

Does anyone prefer the Valentino dress over this Elie Saab Couture look?

Princess Clotilde of Savoy wore an Elie Saab Couture gown from the same collection with this same print last year.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace - FilmAid Asia Power of Film Gala

Uma Thurman In Atelier Versace – FilmAid Asia Power of Film Gala

Dan Stevens In Calvin Klein - 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

Dan Stevens In Calvin Klein – 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

16 Responses to Michelle Yeoh In Elie Saab Couture – 7th Asian Film Awards

1. dee March 18, 2013 at 18:31 #

Pretty dress but it washes her out.

• lin March 19, 2013 at 08:32 #

Agree

2. Nat39 March 18, 2013 at 18:31 #

Her Valentino was way too young for her, this look suits her nicely – it’s beautifully delicate, feminine and elegant. Would’ve preferred it without the necklace and with the delicate belt but her version is working quite nicely.

3. Amy March 18, 2013 at 19:25 #

gorgeous

4. kane March 18, 2013 at 19:33 #

I sort of had the opposite reaction: at first I thought the silver was fine, but now I very much would have prefered gold as well.

5. J March 18, 2013 at 19:58 #

Lady loves to wear a watch with every outfit!

6. Marybeth March 18, 2013 at 20:11 #

Lovely! I agree with Nat39 (above) that the belt would be a good addition and the necklace a good subtraction. I’d also remove the watch.
    It’s still a very pretty look and much nicer than the Valentino.

7. Moxie March 18, 2013 at 20:55 #

Cute, but much too young for her.

• Moxie March 19, 2013 at 14:25 #

Think this was meant for her other look. Strange. Anyway, I like the dress but the silver doesn’t work with it.

8. Jonne March 18, 2013 at 21:00 #

I actually hated both. The Valentino one should have been worn by a younger celebrity. I hate to say it because I love Elie Saab, but this dress looks doubty on her. From the waist down, the dress looks like an old rag from someone’s closet. It’s unfortunate because the dress probably cost a lot of money and I’m pretty sure it could of been saved with a belt. This look is a no for me. Oh and that silver necklace is soooooo not working for this look.

9. Yeliz March 18, 2013 at 21:35 #

I definitely prefer this look to her Valentino look but I don’t really like her styling. I also miss the belt.

10. Fiona-Brasil March 18, 2013 at 22:03 #

+ 1

11. JJ March 18, 2013 at 23:53 #

She looks regal and very chic! This is by far superior to ver Valentino!

12. Christine March 19, 2013 at 00:20 #

Overkill on the accessories. Not liking this dress on her.

13. EmmaWoodhouse March 19, 2013 at 02:58 #

Just found my BDOTW, and added a contender to my BDOTY list! This is a beautiful example of Saab’s work–ethereal, regal, intricate. The dress is beautiful and looks great on Michelle. The mixing metals doesn’t bother me here. It think it’s because the dress seems to have silver and gold tones here. The only thing I’d add would be the runway gold belt. BDOTW!

14. the ogre March 19, 2013 at 08:45 #

the beauty of the dress is beyond comparison but the styling is so hal-hearted in my opinion. i agree she looks beautiful but a bit more color on her cheeks would have worked much better. she should have added that lovely delicate belt about her waist. then it would have looked more put together.