18.03.13

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead – St Patrick’s Day Parade

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead - St Patrick's Day Parade

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended a St Patrick’s Day parade by the 1st Battalion Irish Guards as she visited Aldershot Barracks on Sunday in Aldershot, England with her husband, Prince William.

Showing – somewhat – her baby bump, the Duchess donned a forest-green coat dress by one of her favoured designers: Emilia Wickstead.

The coat, which she also wore on St Patrick’s Day 2012, was decorated with a shamrock brooch.

Sporting a rare and elaborate updo, the Duchess wore a black John Locke hat, which was also worn back in March, 2012.

Keeping herself warm on a cold and wet Sunday afternoon, Catherine wore a black turtleneck and black tights, completing her look with black gloves.

The highlight of the day was when one of Catherine’s heels got caught one in a grate and had to be rescued by her husband, while the officers continued to salute.

She carried off the incident gracefully and with a smile.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Selena Gomez In Reem Acra, Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Prada & Blake Lively In Marios Schwab

Best Dressed Of The Week – Selena Gomez In Reem Acra, Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Prada & Blake Lively In Marios Schwab

Alex Gerrard In Victoria Beckham - Rose Club

Alex Gerrard In Victoria Beckham – Rose Club

13 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead – St Patrick’s Day Parade

1. Charlotte March 18, 2013 at 10:01 #

It work better with the belt, but I guess she have prefered not to wear one while she’s pregnant.

2. Rashmi March 18, 2013 at 10:19 #

The pic where is William is helping her, is sooo cute :) :) I am a hopeless romantic :P

3. Ellie March 18, 2013 at 11:15 #

Geez, I had forgotten how skinny she used to be!!

4. gabis March 18, 2013 at 12:19 #

She looks good but she could’ve worn something different from last year. Nothing against repeating clothes but wearing the same piece on the same day is a bit tiring specially when even the accessories are the same (same shoes, same brooch). At least she changed the hat and hairstyle.

• Jesscar March 19, 2013 at 18:36 #

I agree, recycling is fine, and even applaud her for it but not to the same event. Especially when the styling was better the first time round. Lazy

5. Yeliz March 18, 2013 at 13:06 #

I think she looks gorgeous. I can’t help but smile when I see photos of her with her tiny baby bump.

6. dee March 18, 2013 at 13:12 #

I think she looks great. She always looks happy.

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 18, 2013 at 14:05 #

So pretty and perfect for St. Patrick’s day! I loved the belt when she wore it last time, but with the baby bump it’s understandable! Love the pic of her and Wills!

8. Marta March 18, 2013 at 14:27 #

I want her hat, so elegant. And I like her updo, looks so sweet and chic at the same time. It would be a boy because she is so glowing and pretty.

9. Marybeth March 18, 2013 at 15:09 #

Very nice!
    Despite her (understandable) decision to forego the belt, I prefer this year’s version. The gloves, turtleneck, and tights pull everything together well. I also think a little extra weight looks very good on her.
    I really like her with her hair up. I can’t fault her for wearing her hair down so often — if I had such glorious tresses I might too! — but she needs to mix it up more.

• Nat39 March 18, 2013 at 16:20 #

MUCH prefer this year´s version as well, it´s much more pulled together, areed.

10. Jessica March 18, 2013 at 20:46 #

Pregnancy suits the Duchess well. She looks even more radiant this year than she did last year!

11. Elaine2 March 19, 2013 at 14:04 #

I prefer this coat worn the previous year, I think it hangs better and the tailoring doesn’t work as well in her pregnancy. I can understand why she’d like to wear it again though, it’s a really great coat. If it were mine, I’d wear it a lot! The color looks really nice with the shamrocks.

It’s MUCH better than the one she wore a couple of days ago that was double breasted where she moved the buttons – that was a tailoring disaster.