Vanessa Hudgens In Naeem Khan – ‘Spring Breakers’ LA Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens In Naeem Khan - 'Spring Breakers' LA Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens made a bold statement when she took to the red carpet at the ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood, California yesterday evening for the ‘Spring Breakers’ premiere.

I have to give her so much credit for picking this Naeem Khan Fall 2012 gown.

You would think that someone as petite as she would be totally overwhelmed by this black ostrich-feather ballgown, which features a black-and-ivory African beaded bodice, but she rocks it with the confidence and charm of a leggy supermodel.

Sporting a lighter hair colour, the actress opted for barely-there neutral makeup, with nude lips and shimmering copper eye shadow.

Neil Lane jewels and gold strappy sandals completed her BDOTW-worthy look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Which Was Your Favourite Eddie Redmayne 2013 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Eddie Redmayne 2013 Awards Season Look?

Jessica Hart's Charlotte Olympia 'Lucinda' Ankle Boots

Jessica Hart’s Charlotte Olympia ‘Lucinda’ Ankle Boots

35 Responses to Vanessa Hudgens In Naeem Khan – ‘Spring Breakers’ LA Premiere

1. kim March 15, 2013 at 09:36 #

she looks PERFECT totally BDOTW-worthy

2. nina March 15, 2013 at 09:44 #

Fashion Critic, she’s Vanessa, not Selena :-)))

3. Charlotte March 15, 2013 at 09:48 #

You wrote Selena Gomez.

I much prefer the top of the dress on the runway, it’s too dark on the dress on Vanessa Hudgens. Still, the dress is fun, it’s a good choice for a young actess.

4. Rashmi March 15, 2013 at 09:57 #

wow! So glad she went for a neutral makeup. The dress does all the talking here.
    Definitely a BDOTW !

5. Alexia March 15, 2013 at 10:08 #

I am a big fan of Vanessa’s style, but on this ocassion I don’t like it that much. Maybe if she’d gone for smooky eyes instead of such neutral makeup, I’d like it more. I don’t know, there’s something off with it.

It says “Selena Gomez” in the first sentence, instead of Vanessa’s name-though I’d let you know :)

6. Yeliz March 15, 2013 at 10:37 #

I don’t think that she pulls this off. She looks overwhelmed in my eyes and the gown makes her look wider than she normally is.

• AnderBoBo March 15, 2013 at 11:57 #

I totally agree, overwhelming on her frame and unflattering up top.

• Laura Brice March 16, 2013 at 00:04 #

Couldn’t agree more. Vanessa is very petite, this look is only suited to a statuesque physique.

7. Yolonda March 15, 2013 at 11:12 #

Fail for me. She’s being swallowed by the gown which evokes a tacky flamenco dance costume meets feather duster. Very unflattering. Also her make up is nice but too ‘day’ for such and extravagant piece and hair would be better pulled back. Will she ever get it right?

• CreoleLady March 15, 2013 at 11:48 #

+1, on being swallowed up. Love on the model, doesn’t look like the same dress on Hudgens.

8. ash March 15, 2013 at 11:19 #

i can’t believe people here prefered sel’s look over vanessa’s look . selena looked soo meh nothing exciting about her look
    i think this look is Definitely a BDOTW

9. dee March 15, 2013 at 12:07 #

I usually love Naeem khan’s creations but this is one of the most ugliest, unflattering gowns I have even seen. This look is terrible.

• Laura Brice March 16, 2013 at 00:05 #

+1 It’s really messy isn’t it?

• Lashae March 16, 2013 at 03:49 #

ITA. This is so ugly and the way she wears makes her look so wide for someone who’s petite.

10. Natalie March 15, 2013 at 12:07 #

Although I’m not a total fan of the dress, I think she looks like a totally different person! It’s so fresh to see her sporting sleek hair and a neutral make up, she has such nice eyes you would never notice from the smokey eye she favours so much!

If there was a beauty look of the week she would win hands down!

x

11. Anne March 15, 2013 at 12:30 #

This is terrible. She looks like she was devoured by a tribal Fraggle. Her hair is pretty, though.

• snowlion March 15, 2013 at 16:59 #

Hahahaha, true!

12. Sarah March 15, 2013 at 12:37 #

She looks INCREDIBLE! The hair and makeup are flawless and I love the dress. Definitely BDOTW!

13. Emily March 15, 2013 at 12:38 #

WOW! She really looks amazing! I love the lighter hair and that dress is amazing. BDOTW

14. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang March 15, 2013 at 12:45 #

Vanessa Hudgens bring us some wildlife charm in this African-safari inspired creation by Naeem Khan, second dress by the same designer worn by Vanessa!! (Remember Berlin Premiere??) Love the striking beaded bodice and the feather full skirt!! I wish Vanessa pulled her hair up as it’s quite underwhelming, but she rocks it with her quirky charm!! Another reason why Zac Efron should regret on losing his HSM costar and girlfriend!! Stunning and so bold and beautiful!!!

15. FeministModel March 15, 2013 at 13:05 #

Barely-there neutral makeup??? That’s a strange description. I see the lipstick (it’s not because it’s whiteskin colored that it’s not there), the foundation, the blush, the bronzer, the illuminator, the metallic eyeshadow, the mascara, probably the bonus eyelashes, the brow pen… It doesn’t look bad, it’s just that saying “barely-there” sounds like she just woke up like this in the morning… And clearly, she didn’t! ;-)

• Anj March 15, 2013 at 17:23 #

I was going to mention that myself. I would call it a bronzed neutral look and I would argue she’s wearing a lot more makeup than usual, or at least a lot more bronzer. It looks like her whole body has that effect too. It’s not bad but I’m not sure I like it so much with such a dark-colored outfit.

16. TeaAtTwo March 15, 2013 at 13:41 #

I’m not in love with the result but it is a bold, interesting gown and she does pull it off. I think the simple make up was right as she’d have looked too costumey with heavy make-up.

17. EmmaWoodhouse March 15, 2013 at 14:06 #

No. Great effort, but I don’t like the slit or the overwhelming, hairy feathered skirt. She is swimming in it. The top isn’t doing anything for her either.

18. sara March 15, 2013 at 16:46 #

BDOTW. She really does look amazing. The dress is really bold and beautiful and she pulls it off. great look!

19. Nat39 March 15, 2013 at 16:56 #

She is completely OVERWHELMED (!!!), and I don’t think she is rocking it at all – she is trying way too hard to make it work it but it still isn’t working. Her styling is way off as well, she makes me think of a gypsy dancer. A major FAIL, nowhere near BDOTW worthy.

20. Shifa Rajwani March 15, 2013 at 17:07 #

She’s so tiny that it looks like the gown is swallowing her up….. I love the gown but not on her

21. Anj March 15, 2013 at 17:25 #

I am not a fan of this dress on the model and it only looks slightly better on Vanessa. It’s too much material and it hides her natural shape. A slimmed down version would’ve been better because it does fit her style type at least.

22. Pedro March 15, 2013 at 17:53 #

She is to petite for this dress

23. justme March 15, 2013 at 19:13 #

She’s definitely overwhelmed and she overaccessorized as usual. But for some reason, the whole outfit looks coherent and I don’t hate it.

24. ash March 15, 2013 at 19:20 #

the dress looks so heavy and distracting,and her makeup is awful.

25. Amy March 15, 2013 at 22:39 #

not working! this dress is too busy : feathers, slit, beads, black,gold… jeez it’s a mess. She looks like a tribal dancer and not in a good way. Not her fault though, this dress wouldn’t look good on anyone, it’s just too much

26. Christine March 16, 2013 at 02:41 #

First glance, I hated it. Thought she was overdoing it. But after looking at the dress from different angles, she is working this look. I cannot deny that. I sorta like this on her. Not bad styling either.

So it’s 50/50 for me.

27. Kathy March 16, 2013 at 14:34 #

Erm, I guess I see where she was going with this, but it’s kind of a disaster. The proportions aren’t right, the bodice is supposed to be much shorter than the skirt, but because of Vanessa’s height that’s not so (could also be her pose). I like feathers when they’re incorporated tastefully, but this mess of a dress looks like a bird exploded on Vanessa.

28. Jess2 March 17, 2013 at 07:50 #

I think this is a great look. The dress is beautiful and surprisingly Vanessa wears it really well. Her hair and makeup is perfect!