Selena Gomez In Reem Acra – ‘Spring Breakers’ LA Premiere

Selena Gomez In Reem Acra - 'Spring Breakers' LA Premiere

Whether we like it or not, Selena Gomez is all grown up these days, and she showcased that once again on the red carpet at the ArcLight Cinemas for the ‘Spring Breakers’ LA premiere.

After wearing several cut-out dresses back to back, she opted on this occasion for a striking Reem Acra Spring 2013 sleeveless gown with sexy beaded illusion panels.

Like her co-star, Vanessa Hudgens, Selena really owns this look. I think she’s really coming into her own at the moment and really commanding the red carpet.

A black Jimmy Choo clutch and Lorraine Schwartz jewels accessorized her look, with her wavy brunette locks twisted into a chic updo and a glossy red pout completing her look.

Is this a BDOTW contender for you?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katie Holmes In Dolce & Gabanna - The New York Observer 25th Anniversary Party

Katie Holmes In Dolce & Gabanna – The New York Observer 25th Anniversary Party

Zhang Ziyi In Giorgio Armani - Hong Kong Boutique Opening

Zhang Ziyi In Giorgio Armani – Hong Kong Boutique Opening

35 Responses to Selena Gomez In Reem Acra – ‘Spring Breakers’ LA Premiere

1. Charlotte March 15, 2013 at 10:38 #

The dress is beautiful !

2. Yeliz March 15, 2013 at 10:47 #

Love (!!!) this gown so much. As for Selena’s look, she wears this stunning gown amazingly and I love her hair, makeup and earrings too, but I would have preferred a nude clutch to complement the earrings. Still this is BDOTW worthy IMO, I much prefer this look to Vanessa’s.

3. TL March 15, 2013 at 10:59 #

The dress is stunning, this is my BDOTW

4. Francesca March 15, 2013 at 11:11 #

Definitely a BDOTW, she’s been looking great lately and this look is no exception!

• Christine March 16, 2013 at 02:37 #

She is rocking this look! BDOTW.

5. june March 15, 2013 at 11:27 #

i’m not usually sold on selena’s outfits but this is so, so gorgeous on her. i’m not a fan of the zipper up the back — that i didn’t expect to see, since reem acra usually has the most subtle, well done illusion netting — but everything else is amazing

6. CreoleLady March 15, 2013 at 11:33 #

Haven’t warmed to a number of her past looks. This look seems relaxed and easy, less forced. BDOTW contender for sure.

7. Mandy March 15, 2013 at 11:50 #

Yep she looks stunning. It dosen’t look like she is trying too hard. BDOTW worthy

8. Rashmi March 15, 2013 at 12:00 #

BDOTW contender for sure! Shez surprising me a lot with the promo tour.

9. dee March 15, 2013 at 12:10 #

The gown alone is beautiful and she looks beautiful in it.

10. Anne March 15, 2013 at 12:28 #

While I do think this is a bit mature (styling-wise) for her age, she undoubtedly looks beautiful. I’m generally not a fan, but I can give her credit when it’s due

11. AG March 15, 2013 at 12:40 #

I don’t know what it is, (and obviously I’m on my own here) but for some reason I think she always makes what she wears look cheap! On someone else this would be amazing, but not on Selena

• Chloé March 15, 2013 at 12:51 #

She does! I feel like the earrings are way too much, and the hair and clutch doesn’t match the gown at all. She looks cheap to me…

12. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang March 15, 2013 at 12:52 #

Sizzling scarlet sensation!!! We are so happy that Selena Gomez are doing MAGNIFICENT after she split with that BRATBER(you know who!!!!)!! This scarlet lace gown by Reem Arca is a stunning and age-appropriate choice for Selena, look how she grown up so sexily!! Love the makeup, the red lip, everything is PERFECT!!!! BDOTW Contender is a must for this stunning look for our former Disney princess!! Selena Gomez rocks all the way!!! Love it!!!!

13. bm March 15, 2013 at 13:12 #

well, not like everybody here, actually i enjoyed Selena’s promo tour right from the first time she promote this movie (in Venice, with Atelier Versace number)even there is still a few misfire (Blumarine look). I always welcome her grown-up looks, and she’s not making it cheap. People will forever hate her because her baby face, but she sure can’t change that, right?

• Ariane March 15, 2013 at 16:04 #

Agree. What she can do about it? Put a lot of make up on her face to look older? I think she looks stunning.

14. TeaAtTwo March 15, 2013 at 13:33 #

One of her best ever looks. The gown is eye-catching itself and added with that the look suits her actual age but doesn’t look at odds with her baby face.

15. Moxie March 15, 2013 at 13:54 #

Definitely a BDOTW contender. Gorgeous, and the sheer parts are tastefully done.

16. EmmaWoodhouse March 15, 2013 at 14:11 #

I’m going to be in the minority. Love the red, not the revealing inserts. Also wouldn’t have chosen a black clutch.

17. gabis March 15, 2013 at 14:45 #

Sorry, the dress is gorgeous but not on Selena. It doesn’t matter what she wears it always seems forced and try-hard to me. This case is no exception. The dress seems wrong for her, too mature. She needs to find her own style and dress according to her age and persona not simply put on everything her stylist tells her to.

• Alexia March 15, 2013 at 16:08 #

Couldn’t agree more.
      Selena looks beautiful-because both her and the dress are beautiful-but this isn’t her best. She used to be very consistent some time ago. I just think she’s trying to hard at the moment, and taking pages from Vanessa’s book isn’t helping her to find her own grown-up style.

• Nat39 March 15, 2013 at 16:42 #

The dress is beautiful but it’s too mature for her and doesn’t suit her persona at all, I totally agree.

• justme March 15, 2013 at 19:21 #

Sadly, I agree.

• Lashae March 16, 2013 at 03:46 #

ITA. The clothes she’s been wearing make her look so old and this dress is no exception.

• Kathy March 16, 2013 at 14:22 #

I am curious as to know why you assume Selena’s just being manipulated by her stylist. To me, it seems that she’s been experimenting left and right, especially in the past year, which is healthy for someone of her age and position, wouldn’t you agree? Granted, many of her looks have been deemed “too mature” by spectators like us, and I can’t say I was a fan of all the Atelier Versace she wore (way too aging) but she is still trying to find her way. It’s obvious that she doesn’t have a defined style yet. I say, let her do her own thing for a while…remember, she’s still trying to balance being an ex-Disney star and a budding serious actress.

18. Emma March 15, 2013 at 15:49 #

I’m sorry ladies, this look is amazing. she grew up a lot in this promotional tour. Love all aspects of blumarine least look

• Catherine Kallon March 15, 2013 at 15:57 #

“she grew up a lot in this promotional tour.” – Totally agree

19. katie March 15, 2013 at 16:27 #

She looks fab, i love her style always have, red is gorgeous on her

20. Kathy March 15, 2013 at 17:30 #

She must have been taking lessons from her friend Taylor Swift ;) this is the perfect middle ground between blossoming young lady and mature woman. I am so pleasantly surprised with this look! She looks amazing. Not trying too hard, or misaccessorizing. BDOTW!

21. Pedro March 15, 2013 at 17:52 #

She looks AMAZING! Gorgeous

Love

22. rita March 15, 2013 at 18:29 #

Selena Gomez will always have a baby face no matter what, I guess she can’t please everyone. I for one think she looks gorgeous when she doesn’t try hard like here. The fact she dated JBieber, didn’t help her case, in my opinion!

• Lesley March 15, 2013 at 19:34 #

Well dating JB certainly helped her status also due to his antics nowadays he has raised hers even further!
      Really not trying to hate just my opinion anyway her this look is good ,I like the dress but a little déju-vu of her vanity fair dolce dress

23. Amy March 15, 2013 at 22:36 #

this is one great look. Finally! I would even love the dress more if it wasn’t red. but still she looks nice.

24. Jess2 March 17, 2013 at 09:46 #

It is a gorgeous dress, I really love the lace underlay and i think the dress suits her so well but I don’t like the hair style at all.

25. Lucas March 17, 2013 at 14:19 #

I think the color suits her really well… She looks gorgeous, BDOTW contender of course.