Halle Berry In Reem Acra – The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Halle Berry In Reem Acra - The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

On Monday night Halle Berry made a guest appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno to promote her new movie, ‘The Call’.

As much as I love Reem Acra, the first word that sprang to mine when I saw Halle in the designers’ Spring 2013 black dress with an illusion yoke was, ‘desperate’.

Before you quote my favourite line, “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” back to me, I would argue that this dress was fairly demure on the red carpet until Halle and her unsupported twins got hold of it.

And that’s my real issue with look, before that fact that this is yet another LBD.

This is something I would expect from a Kardashian.

Here are some quotes from her interview:

“I wanted to go to the Oscars looking like a Bond girl,” she said. “I felt like I was wearing a Ferrari.”

“I enjoy driving a Ferrari,” Leno said, suggestively. “Can you drive a stick shift?”

“I learned on a stick shift,” she coyly replied.

I mean.

Reem Acra Beaded Cutout Dress

You can buy Halle’s Reem Acra dress from Shopbop.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kaley Cuoco In Ann Taylor & Theonne - Step Up 11th Annual Inspiration Awards

Kaley Cuoco In Ann Taylor & Theonne – Step Up 11th Annual Inspiration Awards

Jessica Alba In Michael Kors - Out In New York City

Jessica Alba In Michael Kors – Out In New York City

38 Responses to Halle Berry In Reem Acra – The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

1. Anj March 12, 2013 at 16:37 #

I don’t care that the dress is black; I care that her bazingas are threatening to leave said dress. This is not appropriate for a talk show even if it’s late night.

2. dee March 12, 2013 at 16:43 #

Come on, Halle. Dress with a bit more class. This looks so desperate for attention. She can look much better than this.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 12, 2013 at 20:07 #

+1. Shes so off her game and trying so hard to look like she still has it, that it just reeks of desperation. Shes a stunning woman. She desperately needs a new stylist who can clean up her act.

3. ellie March 12, 2013 at 16:44 #

Looking at this compared to around the 2009 oscars, when she had longer hair and didn’t wear black all the time; its so sad. Halle Needs a new stylist…pronto.

4. Beta March 12, 2013 at 16:51 #

Totally.Agree.
    Halle’s a very talented actress, IMO she doesn’t need to play this “sexy/desperate” game

5. Belen Sanchez March 12, 2013 at 16:56 #

Dear Halle, please change your stylist. Your looks are completely awful and I don’t want to see you almost naked any more…

6. Yeliz March 12, 2013 at 17:00 #

Honestly, I don’t really care about her looks anymore. She won’t get a yes from me until she changes her hairstyle and dresses less desperate.

• Christine March 13, 2013 at 01:28 #

She looks a bit tacky here and I agree.

7. Jen C March 12, 2013 at 17:01 #

Halle, you aren’t 20 any more. Show the girls some love by supporting them.

And the worst insult these days is to be compared to a Khardasian!

8. Marybeth March 12, 2013 at 17:07 #

Just a thought:
    There are certain transitions in a woman’s life that present fashion challenges. Think, for example, of teens like Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, or Miley Cyrus and how they are moving into adulthood. Some of these kids do a better job of making the transition than others.

I think many women also have problems in their forties, especially those who are extremely beautiful and are used to wearing “sexy” clothes. Think Heidi Klum, Jennifer Lopez, and Halle Berry.
    They most definitely should NOT wear anything that might look matronly, but they also should avoid going the other direction, ratcheting up the sexiness to high volume. As FC says, it looks desperate, and that is not attractive.

• Catherine Kallon March 12, 2013 at 22:07 #

You hit the nail firmly on the head. Thank you for this comment

• Joan March 12, 2013 at 22:33 #

+1 absolutely agree

9. AnderBoBo March 12, 2013 at 17:09 #

This is definitely NOT a sit-down interview dress, way too revealing. “Halle Berry” is synonymous with “sexy” so I really don’t understand her need to wear these arguably tasteless looks.

10. Moxie March 12, 2013 at 17:26 #

Trasy, not sexy.

11. Lorne March 12, 2013 at 17:35 #

I watched last night and I didn’t think the look was tasteless at all; the dress “behaved” differently when she sat down, as does all clothing. (She looked great walking out, and I hope anyone who didn’t watch can find one of those shots.) Does that mean this dress should never be worn, or just never be worn by someone who plans to sit down? Or is it that the dress shouldn’t be worn by anyone with full breasts? The entire point of an illusion yoke is that there is no real danger of an unpleasant surprise. Had she worn a bra we’d be talking about how it’s a shame we can see it. She’s not 20 and she’s a mother, and her breasts are in great shape.

ALL that being said, I did laugh when she came out wearing yet another LBD. It would be nice to get a different feel from her.

• Chaufforest March 13, 2013 at 06:53 #

The first original and good comment. Agree with you 200%. and i dont understand why she should change her her as this is her trademark so does all celebs have them.

12. Prudence March 12, 2013 at 17:38 #

shes liek the hottest woman alive…why so desperate?!

13. the ogre March 12, 2013 at 17:49 #

what’s up with her? like seriously! i am so done! sheesh…this could go up for “worst dressed of the year”…sigh!

14. Beth Rodrigues March 12, 2013 at 18:08 #

first thing women do when they feel they are “aging” shorten and tighten skirts..and show as much bosom as legally possible!! Halle…relax

• Carolyn March 12, 2013 at 19:52 #

I so agree with this comment and think that’s why she dresses the way she does!

15. naomie March 12, 2013 at 18:17 #

Halle, we know you’re hot, why do you do this to yourself? Why don’t you have anyone in your life who’d burn this dress before letting you go out like that?
    :((((((

16. Martin March 12, 2013 at 18:28 #

Let her wear black. She looks really good for her age compared to a lot of people. She doesn’t look desperate. Nothing is hitting the ground just yet so I don’t blame her.

17. Sara March 12, 2013 at 18:29 #

Oh Halle, we get it already. You have an amazing figure.

18. noo March 12, 2013 at 18:33 #

first of all, congrats to halle for having these at this age. second, why would she flaunt that much boobs for an interview?! it seems so weird and unnatural for a relaxed setting like jay leno’s couch. do i think she should flaunt her awesome boobs? sure. but she should also be aware of the context!!!

19. EmmaWoodhouse March 12, 2013 at 18:39 #

Um….this is is beyond trashy. The dress leaves almost NOTHING to the imagination. WDOTY-worthy for being totally inappropriate.

20. CreoleLady March 12, 2013 at 18:51 #

*shakes head*. Don’t understand although I could be an arm-chair psychologist and try. She’s trying so hard (imo) not to look like an aging star that she looks like — an aging star.

• GiGi March 12, 2013 at 18:59 #

Oh my god Creole… you nailed it… You are Dr. CreoleLady from here on… :)

• Mol March 13, 2013 at 00:54 #

Have to agree Gigi, Dr. Creolelady nailed it!

• Rashmi March 13, 2013 at 06:24 #

Hahahahaha, you said it !
      It is so true, she is trying desperately to hide her aging and she is doing bad in it.

And about that interview bit mentioned , i was left with a :| !

21. Lm March 12, 2013 at 18:51 #

Oh, Halle. What a sight. In all fairness the dress may not have looked as vulgar standing up, she should have tried sitting down and having a look at the angles a bit.

22. Joy March 12, 2013 at 19:45 #

WOW!! This has left me speechless. I am without words. Halle has been skirting on the border of desperate for a long time, but this is taking it to another level. This is the first time that I can remember that she looks just plain BAD! Sad day. :(

23. Pedro March 12, 2013 at 19:45 #

Another LBD?

Halle looks tacky, boring and desperate.

24. Elise March 12, 2013 at 21:25 #

I was so bored this evening that I’ve wasted 15 minutes of my life checking the 12 pages Halle has dedicated on RCFA. I had to go back to February 2011 in order to find the first look I love, a red Elie Saab. Only an YSL, a couple of Marchesas, and something more I don’t remember were fine. The rest are black, or tacky, or both. Like last night outfit.

25. Rebecca Z March 12, 2013 at 22:09 #

Unfortunate choice. I would be nice to see her in something more flattering.

26. Alicat March 13, 2013 at 02:43 #

Class is what Ms Berry should be aiming for. She is a beautiful woman and does not need to let it all hang out. Form fitting to her wonderful figure with a hint of what’s beneath – much sexier.

27. Alex March 13, 2013 at 06:11 #

She is beautiful, intelligent and a mother.
    There is no need for this dress!

28. Nan March 13, 2013 at 09:53 #

I like it, but I don’t get the “OMG, the woman has breasts. And they show. And even worse, these are not tied into immobile slightly higher parts of body” thingy in the first place so my opinion doesn’t count in that regard. Also, as someone note, that dress looks quite different when she stands.

29. GLORIA March 14, 2013 at 16:24 #

I know halle, your “girls” are fantastic. but ure a mom! “girls” are supposed to be sleeping at late night! why you made them come out and play?