Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Spring Breakers' 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival Premiere

After covering up somewhat for her last red carpet appearance, Selena Gomez was back to her abs-baring sexy best while taking to the red carpet at the Paramount Theater in Austin, Texas on Sunday for the premiere of ‘Spring Breakers’ during the 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival.

This time, she turned to one of her favourite designers, Dolce & Gabbana, for this Spring 2013 tropical look, which featured a cropped printed bustier top which tied at the back and a high-waisted orange pencil skirt.

I love the frosty-coral lip colour and the neutral nude Giuseppe Zanotti pumps: they both elevate and complement her daring look.

Signature glossy brunette side-swept waves and a gold Melinda Maria armlet provided the finishing touches.

Do you love this look as much as I do, or do you believe she is still trying too hard?

Credit: Getty

Allison Williams In Prabal Gurung - Boston Common Magazine Cover Party

Allison Williams In Prabal Gurung – Boston Common Magazine Cover Party

Emma Stone In Lanvin - 'The Croods' New York Premiere

Emma Stone In Lanvin – ‘The Croods’ New York Premiere

22 Responses to Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Spring Breakers’ 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival Premiere

1. Catriona March 11, 2013 at 12:11 #

I like the look and love her makeup but the skirt is a bit tight – slight muffin-top going on! It’s a shame as the colours are lovely.

2. the (un?)social butterfly March 11, 2013 at 12:27 #

She looks beautiful, but at the same time, I don’t know… her features are still very childish for all that sexy she’s trying to do. Too Lolita for me.

3. Louise March 11, 2013 at 12:31 #

I love it! It’s perfect for promoting her movie Spring Breakers. And I also want to say I really love her hair here.

• Christine March 11, 2013 at 14:06 #

She looks so young and her age. Love this look for her.

4. shaun March 11, 2013 at 12:58 #

i think her and D&G make a great team

5. Yeliz March 11, 2013 at 13:04 #

I would have liked this more, if this ensemble was just one piece. Other than that, she looks great.

6. Leo March 11, 2013 at 13:06 #

I don’t love the look, but I like it. She has been trying and experimenting with her style for a more mature and sophisticated image, so this kind of stage is of hit and miss. The skirt could be shorter, but I love that she is trying new things.

7. Anne March 11, 2013 at 13:10 #

You know how there are just some people whose style you just don’t get and their looks rarely, if ever, work for you? For me, that’s Selena Gomez. It’s really just too try-hard for me. Somehow I feel each look is so contrived.

8. dee March 11, 2013 at 13:35 #

Not crazy about the dress itself but I think she looks pretty good.

9. Rebecca Z March 11, 2013 at 13:53 #

I love the colors on her. The look is cute, but maybe just a little try too hard. She has that baby face–it is going to be hard to escape it.

10. EmmaWoodhouse March 11, 2013 at 14:42 #

I love the colors and would love the skirt if it wasn’t so tight. The bustier top, though a great print, is just plain tacky. I’m really disappointed by her “new style.”

11. Moxie March 11, 2013 at 15:00 #

This would have worked better as a one-piece. Love the colors on her.

12. Anj March 11, 2013 at 16:04 #

I feel like this look was made for her. It’s colorful, cute, and a new direction she’s going toward- sexy.
    She can’t help what her face looks like (childlike) but I think she’s at a point where she’s probably matured into a woman and wants to embrace that fashion-wise.

13. Aline March 11, 2013 at 16:23 #

I’m not usually a fan of bustier + skirts combo, but here it really works. She looks pretty and age appropriate. I just wish she had opted for sandals.

14. goldfish March 11, 2013 at 17:59 #

this look is very try hard imo and the skirt is too tight.. i am not a fan of mixing iceblue and orange, so this is yet another no from me

15. Kathy March 11, 2013 at 18:06 #

It works…but just barely. The skirt is high enough that she’s not showing an insane amount of skin, so she’s good in that department. The bright lip is sort of competiing with her bright orange skirt, though.

16. Chloe March 11, 2013 at 20:02 #

1. Why wear such a sexy outfit with a housewife pair of shoes?
    2. No matter how hard she tries, she’ll never be sexy with that baby face. She’s always going to look adorable.

17. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang March 12, 2013 at 09:06 #

Wow, simply glamorous!! Selena Gomez is doing so fine after the breakup!! Bieber who?? Selena stuns the crowd in this Dolce And Gabbanna cropped tropic print bustier and coral pencil skirt that hugs her curves to perfection!! Love the glossy side swept waves and the pop of coral lip that complement the color of pencil skirt!! Luckily the nude pumps doesn’t steal the show from the stunning dress!! She looks breathtaking by the way, gorgeous Selena!!

18. towanda March 12, 2013 at 14:54 #

she looks great,sexy. I love this look H2T

19. Amy March 12, 2013 at 19:08 #

this is nice, probably one of my fave looks from her, she looks her age

20. katie March 13, 2013 at 22:15 #

Uhhh Selena is totally rocking this look love it!

21. Emma March 14, 2013 at 18:42 #

People say she can never be sexy with her baby face, but reminds me a lot of Mila Kunis who definitely has a baby face but managed to become the sexiest woman alive. I personally love this look on her!