07.03.13 Menswear

Fashion’s Newest It Boy – Frank Ocean

Frank Ocean Fashion Week

As the new star of the fashion world, musician Frank Ocean made regular appearances during Paris Fashion Week. He was spotted in the front row at five shows – Dior, Givenchy, Margiela, Chanel (not pictured), and Valentino.

Christian Dior: To view the new Dior collection, Frank donned some Dior of his own. He arrived looking smooth in a Dior Homme white poplin cotton shirt and Dior Homme black wool garbadine pants. It was a clean look, which he finished off casually with a pair of black-and-blue Nike sneakers. This was my favourite look of the bunch. Frank also sported Dior Homme at the Grammys last month.

Givenchy: At the second show, he switched it up a bit by wearing the casual on top. He wisely swapped his sneakers for a pair of black shoes and flashy socks, and matched it with a pair of charcoal coloured trousers. To add that bit of casual, Frank wore a Givenchy black sweatshirt from the Fall 2013 collection under his black coat.

Maison Martin Margiela: For Margiela, Frank opted for a pair of ill-fitted burgundy pants and an untucked white shirt. A black topcoat and his Nike sneakers completed his look. Unlike his first two outfits, in this Frank looks a bit disheveled.

Valentino: Half of this look was great. The other half was not. Sporting one of the hottest trends of the season, Frank wore a great pair of slim-fit camo pants, along with his sneakers – again. Unfortunately, he matched it with a baggy P.A.M. T-shirt from the Spring 2013 collection that says, “Psychedelic Life.” Not a psychedelic shirt, Frank.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Jessica Chastain's Preen 'Odette' Printed Skirt

Jessica Chastain’s Preen ‘Odette’ Printed Skirt

Rihanna's Miu Miu Satin Bra Top And Miu Miu Crinkled Pencil Skirt

Rihanna’s Miu Miu Satin Bra Top And Miu Miu Crinkled Pencil Skirt

19 Responses to Fashion’s Newest It Boy – Frank Ocean

1. Yeliz March 7, 2013 at 22:51 #

I like all four looks.

2. asherlev1 March 7, 2013 at 22:52 #

I think he’s adorable and I love his music but I wish he would smile more!

3. pipsqueak March 7, 2013 at 23:03 #

I love all the looks. I think he has a good balance of street and chic, vs. those with medallions, gold teeth and saggy pants. He also has a good balance of loud and subdue, vs. those over-accessorizing themselves to prove a status (which to me says nothing but over-compensating). I love his music. He should’ve won the Album of the Year at the Grammys, but Mumford & Sons got the heat.

4. Marybeth March 7, 2013 at 23:06 #

I like the first three looks.
    I remember he was one of my favorites at the Grammies.
    Definitely someone to watch.

• Christine March 8, 2013 at 01:17 #

5. EmmaWoodhouse March 7, 2013 at 23:49 #

The first look is tired-looking. The second is JUST passable, I like it OK…but not a fan of the other two at all.

6. Ade March 8, 2013 at 02:00 #

I don’t care for any of these looks, but I’ll give him a pass. It’s his first fashion week and he has impressed me with his look before so I know he can do better

7. Luis March 8, 2013 at 03:38 #

He is a great musician and Channel Orange is the best album of 2012… But I don’t like the fashion hype, he is trying to hard… Frank focus on the music please…
    No, I don’t like you, I just thought you were cool!!

8. Pedro March 8, 2013 at 03:46 #

I love Frank!

Look 1: amazing! I want everything

9. Jai March 8, 2013 at 10:19 #

I have no idea who this guy is but he’s very well dressed. Love the first look. Really appreciate your coverage of men’s fashion btw – I would have no clue how to describe men’ clothes. I love the way you manage to differentiate between skinny lapels being suited to skinny ties or some such!

10. dee March 8, 2013 at 13:36 #

I am not impressed with any of these looks. I only like his sneakers.

11. Ala March 8, 2013 at 14:39 #

I was hoping you’d do a feature on Simone Marchetti… compared to him, this guy seems so bland. I don’t know how he does it, but it might run in his Italian genes…. :D

12. darlingofindustry March 8, 2013 at 19:22 #

Love him! It’s rare to find such a great combo of talent, intelligence and straight-up hotness! Looking forward to lot’s of future Frank Ocean coverage on the site!

13. 00o00 March 9, 2013 at 20:46 #

Frank didn’t look happy at Dior, as the photographers were shouting “Kanye Kanye”.

14. Amy March 9, 2013 at 21:38 #

wow, that’s one clean dude. I like all the looks, it’s nice to see a young R’n’B singer whose trousers fit and is dressed like an adult

15. que_esq March 11, 2013 at 05:59 #

nothing ‘it’ about all the looks.

16. Annel March 12, 2013 at 07:36 #

I love the Givenchy look – mixing a casual sweater with formal pants and a wool coat. He’s not trying too hard but he’s not too safe and boring either. And his music is fantastic!