Anna Wintour Loves….Her Prada Spring 2013 Coat

Anna Wintour Loves Her Prada Coat

Back in October, not long after the Prada Spring 2013 presentation, Anna Wintour was already wearing a coat from the very same collection.

Several months on and the Editor-in-Chief of American Vogue cannot be parted from her mink floral-appliqué coat – in fact, she loves the coat so much she also owns it in three colours; black, green and navy.

For most of the sightings, the coat it has been paired with a floral-print or appliquéd Prada dress, but on Monday you could’ve knocked me down with a feather when she arrived at the Saint Laurent Fall 2013 show wearing tights – a first I think – with her Prada coat and Prada floral print dress.

Unlike fellow Prada lovers Anna Dello Russo and Elle Fanning, Anna isn’t ready to commit to wearing those hideous platform shoes from the same collection.

Now I’m wondering which piece from Prada’s Fall 2013 collection will become Anna’s can’t-live-without piece over the next 6 months.

My guess is Look 17.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Emmy Rossum In Oscar de la Renta - 'Oz: The Great and Powerful' New York Screening

Emmy Rossum In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Oz: The Great and Powerful’ New York Screening

Nicole Richie's House of Harlow 1960 'Olivia' Clutch

Nicole Richie’s House of Harlow 1960 ‘Olivia’ Clutch

17 Responses to Anna Wintour Loves….Her Prada Spring 2013 Coat

1. EmmaWoodhouse March 6, 2013 at 23:18 #

I hate the loud floral appliques on Prada things–they are just cringe-worthy to me. The coat is too cutesy. I like look 17 from the new collection a lot, it’s perfect for Anna.

2. Ramsay March 7, 2013 at 00:11 #

Ms. Wintour has worn tights many times before especially those opaque ones that she favours – in particular she wore tights with the Prada summer 2008 collection (that she loved even more -if possible- than this one)

3. Yeliz March 7, 2013 at 05:26 #

Not really a fan of the coat, but the pictured looks are fine.

My guess about FW13 is Look 17 too or Look 25.

4. Beta March 7, 2013 at 09:13 #

not the biggest fan of the coat

5. Ilona March 7, 2013 at 09:15 #

The thing that confuses me the most is the fact that she is wearing thick tights with these summer/spring pumps. A question to fashion gurus: is it appropriate?

6. Lee Ann March 7, 2013 at 10:05 #

FC-there is nothing velvet about this coat-its mink and from memory costs close to £30,000.

• Catherine Kallon March 7, 2013 at 10:39 #

ok thanks. the post has been updated.

• Lee ann March 7, 2013 at 10:41 #

Prada did make a all Satin version but you know how Anna loves her fur.

7. Cookie March 7, 2013 at 10:08 #

Whoa. She’s wearing cream-coloured Manolos in only one of the pictures!

8. Lee ann March 7, 2013 at 10:36 #

There is nothing velvet on this coat. The floral appliques are mink. The rest is Asrakhan. I think this is the silliest coat I have ever seen.Why a grown woman would want to wear daisiesis beyond me. Having said that the coat is completely sold out.

9. Noemi March 7, 2013 at 11:07 #

Beside the fact that I hate real furs, this one is ugly.

10. LOLA March 7, 2013 at 14:06 #

Personally, i love Anna’s style. It’s age appropriate, bold and edgy. In the last picture, she is wearing a chanel Haute Couture dress from the spring 2013 collection:http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spring-2013-couture/paris/chanel/collection/_ARC0118.450×675.JPG

And for Prada fall 2013? Done! she was wearing it at the Stella McCartney show: http://s15.postimage.org/evhwpf0xn/Anna_Wintour_Stella_Mc_Cartney_Front_Row_PFW_BJO9.jpg

• Catherine Kallon March 7, 2013 at 14:45 #

shes always so quick

• Fiona-Brasil March 7, 2013 at 16:55 #

11. dee March 7, 2013 at 14:08 #

I don’t think the coat is that bad. I think it looks best in the black and the blue.

12. Nadine March 8, 2013 at 22:27 #

So that brings the total to two criss-cross Manolos, two boots, one cream pump & a quilted single-strap sandal I’ve seen her in on Style.com? Weird that I still have more shoes than her!

13. Amy March 11, 2013 at 01:47 #

On my phone, they all look like the same color coat to me. I like it! It’s whimsical. She sure does love that rhinestone necklace, hey? I’ve never seen her not wear it.