04.03.13

Rihanna In DKNY for Opening Ceremony – LAX

Rihanna In DKNY for Opening Ceremony - LAX

Rihanna was spotted on Sunday walking through LAX en route to London for her River Island collection launch party which takes place today.

She rocked a super comfy DKNY for Opening Ceremony jumpsuit.

The Spring 2013 piece which features a drawstring hood, zip front and side pockets, has been re-issued from DKNYs Spring 1991 collection.

What I love about this look it that it takes me back to my Mary J Blige ‘Real Love’ and Aaliyah ‘Back and Forth’ days.

It’s so very retro.

Riri completed her look with her favourite black Alexander Wang ‘Cameron’ booties and a black Joyrich PU faux-python studded backpack.

501881598

You can buy Rihanna’s Alexander Wang ‘Cameron’ booties from Barneys.com, Saks.com and Saks.com UK.

Credit: FameFlynet

Abigail Breslin In Halston Heritage - ‘Ender’s Game’ LA Premiere

Abigail Breslin In Halston Heritage – ‘Ender’s Game’ LA Premiere

Jessica Biel In All Saints - Out In New York

Jessica Biel In All Saints – Out In New York

32 Responses to Rihanna In DKNY for Opening Ceremony – LAX

1. Rebecca Z March 4, 2013 at 15:33 #

Doesn’t she just look great! Only RiRi. Love the girl.

• Christine March 5, 2013 at 01:03 #

She looks so cool and hip. ONly she can pull this off.

• Rashmi March 5, 2013 at 10:15 #

+1.
        Only she can look so cool!

2. justme March 4, 2013 at 16:05 #

I love her fresh face and the braid.

The rest doesn’t work for me. It’s a comfortable outfit to catch a flight though.

• Yeliz March 4, 2013 at 16:36 #

ITA. I love the braid.

3. Newstep March 4, 2013 at 16:46 #

I wonder how she is going to pee in the tiny plane lavatory wearing a jumpsuit.

4. Dan Oliver March 4, 2013 at 16:54 #

Anyone else would look ridiculous but Riri rocks it out

5. Marko_M March 4, 2013 at 17:45 #

See, this is why I love this girl. She manages to take something seemingly ridiculous and makes it ultra cool. Her style appears to be innate, which I wouldn’t have said a few years ago.

6. Pedro March 4, 2013 at 17:45 #

She looks AMAZING!

I love her street style, so urban

7. Kawissa March 4, 2013 at 18:04 #

Horrid. Plain vulgar and ghetto.

• Ade March 4, 2013 at 18:37 #

How is this vulgar or ghetto?

• Kawissa March 4, 2013 at 20:44 #

• Rita March 4, 2013 at 21:19 #

She is covered form head to toe, how is her outfit vulgar? Guetto is a very insulting term for a lot of balck people, so refrain from it f possible. Not all of us grew up in the “guetto”. You have every right not like her outfit but add your ignorance to your opinion. I doubt you’d have used the term “guetto” if Taylor Swift had worn this…

• Kawissa March 4, 2013 at 23:00 #

I am a black girl and I know well when the expression can be used. Keep your outrage for yourself.
            If you EVER have the chance to travel to Germany (as I stated before) you will see that the ghettos there are WHITE.
            Besides , one can be totally covered and still vulgar. Nudity has not to do with vulgarity. You can be nude and utterly elegant and classy.

• julyol1972 March 4, 2013 at 18:51 #

Yes, please explain what is vulgar and ghetto about it?

• Kawissa March 4, 2013 at 20:45 #

• Natalie March 4, 2013 at 20:39 #

In what way is this “vulgar and ghetto”? Please explain, because I’m not at all seeing what you see.

• Kawissa March 4, 2013 at 20:45 #

Third time in a roll: Well, just take a walk to the outskirts of cities like London and Berlin and you will see all the chavs dressing like that. Cheaper versions , but still.

• Morthy March 4, 2013 at 23:29 #

Sorry, but that doesn’t explain anything. Is it vulgar because many people wear similar clothes? (If so, almost anything is vulgar). Is it because people from Europe wear things like this? Is it because her clothes don’t look as expensive as they are?

I don’t like this jump, but I don’t judge her or her choice.

• Prudence March 5, 2013 at 00:36 #

okay Kawissa, clearly you are incredibly ignorant and unintelligent so I think its best we refrain from even questioning your idiotic statement which you are clearly unable to explain other than telling us that the only way of understanding is to travel to the outskirts of London.

• Sally March 5, 2013 at 04:43 #

Prudence, despite your disagreement with the original poster’s remarks about the outfit, tossing out derogatory names towards another poster is not helpful to the discussion.

• Kawissa March 5, 2013 at 07:47 #

Thanks Sally for standing apart from the mob mentality.Some people have a need to unleash their inner hostility by overreacting to comments and responding with an abusive personal attack. I expressed my opinion based on my personal experience.

• Agathe March 5, 2013 at 15:16 #

I like the outfit but I understand Kawissa’s point.
                Wearing “in-your-face” brand names like this is considered to be the opposite of understated elegance, that’s why is can be called vulgar. Also, when an outfit suggests comfort is more important than looks, it can come in the vulgar category. Any type of sports outfit worn by people for any other activity as exercise can be considered ghetto, as sportswear became quite an important social labeling sign in the 1990s, when the low-income / low-education youth (whatever their skin colour) started to wear tracksuits all the time as an identity element.

8. Provost March 4, 2013 at 20:42 #

Mary and Aaliyah!

9. EmmaWoodhouse March 4, 2013 at 22:04 #

The tracksuit is very unappealing to me, but I love her fresh faced makeup and the hair color.

10. Sammy C March 4, 2013 at 23:44 #

One out of ten times, Riri’s ‘toomuchness’ works to such a level that all the other nine awful times are instantly and forever forgotten. I will also add that however good or bad the outcome -based on my humble opinion-, I always get the feeling that her style is genuinely hers -unlike lets say, Rita Ora-, which makes the bad excusable and the good unforgettable.

I died when I saw this. Floored. Too true about the Mary J and Aaliyah memories coming back. Rihanna not only makes me want to buy and wear this whole outfit as it is, but touches a very soft and dear spot in my heart for the years gone, in a good way.

Call me crazy, but my street style vote of the year, based on this outfit alone, has already been decided. Im sorry Miranda, I still love you. You are a very close runner up ;)

11. Lynnette Lai March 5, 2013 at 01:03 #

Don’t care for the jumpsuit but this is the best hair and make up I have seen on Rhianna in ages. Normal hair colour, natural glowing make up. Quite a rarity. Been seeing a lot of outrageous acts i.e Katy Perry, even lady Gaga on some occasions tone down their silly looks. Nice to see some natural beauty shining through.

12. mandy March 5, 2013 at 01:14 #

Wow what a show stopping fashion statement !

13. Joy March 5, 2013 at 05:21 #

I can’t always get on board with Rihanna’s getups, but I’m loving this one! I guess I’m showing my age, because I totally get this look and like it a lot! A little Mary J and Aaliyah are a great thing!

14. dee March 5, 2013 at 13:43 #

I think she looks cool. It is nice to see her a bit more covered up than usual. I like this look a lot.

15. Tina March 6, 2013 at 02:57 #

I’m not opposed to the tracksuit itself, and I really do like her hair and makeup. My biggest concern is with the in-your-face DKNY label that could have been left out with and replaced with a much classier and aesthetically apealing design.

16. Jess2 March 6, 2013 at 09:52 #