01.03.13 Premiere

Halle Berry In Helmut Lang – ‘The Call’ Chicago Premiere

Halle Berry In Helmut Lang - 'The Call' Chicago Premiere

After wowing at the 2013 Oscars in Atelier Versace, Halle Berry went back to her tried (tired) and tested red carpet formula by sporting an LBD for the premiere of ‘The Call’ held at the Showplace Icon Theater in Chicago, Illinois on Thursday evening.

The biggest surprise here is that her Helmut Lang dress doesn’t have a plunging neckline.

Instead, the Helmut Lang ‘Gala’ dress with an asymmetrical neckline features a cut-out in the shoulder.

Her signature hairstyle and Brian Atwood ‘Uma’ sandals completed her look.

Lang & Atwood

Helmut Lang DressNet-A-Porter.com
Brian Atwood ‘Uma’ SandalsSaks.com and Saks.com UK

Credit: Getty

Kaley Cuoco In Ann Taylor & Theonne - Step Up 11th Annual Inspiration Awards

Kaley Cuoco In Ann Taylor & Theonne – Step Up 11th Annual Inspiration Awards

Ulyana Sergeenko In Chrisitian Dior Couture - Christian Dior Fall 2013 Presentation

Ulyana Sergeenko In Chrisitian Dior Couture – Christian Dior Fall 2013 Presentation

15 Responses to Halle Berry In Helmut Lang – ‘The Call’ Chicago Premiere

1. GGG March 1, 2013 at 18:38 #

I agree with you FC, this is a tried and true look for her. But with that body, can you blame her?! :)

• Christine March 2, 2013 at 02:21 #

She is truly Ageless. Tried and true LBD after another but she looks good.

2. Yeliz March 1, 2013 at 18:55 #

An OK look. Much better than her usual LBDs.

3. dee March 1, 2013 at 19:03 #

I really like her shoes. The dress is just OK.

• Nat39 March 1, 2013 at 21:18 #

I also like the shoes.

• Jess2 March 6, 2013 at 10:09 #

I agree.

4. lara March 1, 2013 at 19:22 #

boring yes, but i wonder…how can she look exactly the same as ten years ago? HOT.

5. Carla March 1, 2013 at 20:48 #

I think there’s something to be said for being consistent and knowing your own style. Why should she change it up? She looks great (if occasionally somewhat dated) and appropriate. I have to admit I grow weary of the work of stylists–the clothes they put on their clients might be lovely, but after a point they don’t reflect any personality or identity at all.

6. Camille March 1, 2013 at 23:40 #

I actually like this look on her, sexy without being too desperate. She definitely has the body for it and the sleek understated sexiness of the overall look quite suits her.

7. kane March 2, 2013 at 00:56 #

Can “sexy” be somebody’s style and can you therefore be true to it and get away with it over and over again? I guess, but a style still asks for certain variation and Halle ever so often gives us the same kind of sexy (and if she doesn’t it might as well be a Golden Globes disaster). I often find Halle Berry on the red carpet stunning, but at the same time and more often also plain boring. In this case it’s the same old same old boring, but on top of that I even find the dress itself forgettable.

8. Pedro March 2, 2013 at 03:54 #

Boring, as always.

I can’t with this woman

9. LabellaLuxe Boutique March 2, 2013 at 19:07 #

She looks fabulous, and the shoes are amazing!

10. EmmaWoodhouse March 3, 2013 at 20:20 #

This dress is awkward, with the shoulder cut-out…it makes her look proportionally off. Also, the dress is tight and short and blah. The shoes are OK. She is in a rut.

11. S-R March 5, 2013 at 14:55 #

Well, LBDs work for her. She looks superb!

She is so sexy. I’ve never seen a better looking 45+ woman! Halle, I am awaiting your secret!

12. Vincent March 6, 2013 at 12:30 #

The dress is not really awesome but on her everything looks great! And those shoes! They are gorgeous as hell!! I knew that Brian Atwood was a talented contemporary fashion designer but this sandals are just perfect..