Mila Kunis In Alexander McQueen – ‘Oz: The Great And Powerful’ London Premiere

Mila Kunis In Alexander McQueen - 'Oz The Great And Powerful' London Premiere

Mila Kunis continued her winning premiere-look streak on Thursday evening at the ‘Oz: The Great and Powerful’ London premiere held at The Empire Cinema.

The star looked sophisticated in an Alexander McQueen Spring 2013 gown.

After being away from the red carpet for some time, Mila has really used the media tour of this film to remind everyone of her fashion-savvy and this modern, ruffled gown is the perfect combination of fun and glamour.

Because of her diminutive frame, I do wish that Mila had worn a slightly higher heel, so her dress didn’t drag the ground.

Another option would be to pull up her hair–despite wearing her hair down with a strapless gown with great success at the film’s Moscow premiere, her straight locks weigh her down a bit in this gown. I think a youthful updo might have better.

Despite these complaints, Mila looks young and fresh, and I’d definitely consider this look a ‘win’.

Credit: Alexander McQueen & Getty

Mia Wasikowska In Elie Saab - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Mia Wasikowska In Elie Saab – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Rachel Weisz In Michael Kors - 'Oz: The Great And Powerful' London Premiere

Rachel Weisz In Michael Kors – ‘Oz: The Great And Powerful’ London Premiere

29 Responses to Mila Kunis In Alexander McQueen – ‘Oz: The Great And Powerful’ London Premiere

1. dee February 28, 2013 at 20:56 #

I don’t like this at all. This does nothing for her.

• dee February 28, 2013 at 20:57 #

*This dress does nothing for her.

2. Christine February 28, 2013 at 20:56 #

Kudos to her for stepping outside the box but this reminds me of Little House prairie on the farm

3. gabis February 28, 2013 at 20:56 #

Wow, that dress is magnificent. The hair down, even though shinning and gorgeous, and the heels are definitely a miss and so is the removal of the belt and the lack of golden acessories.
    However I do agree with your summary, in the end of the day she looks great, not as amazing as it could be, but definitely great enough for me to consider this a winning look.

4. Ali February 28, 2013 at 20:58 #

Sounds like you are starting to warm to Mila..previously you said you never rated her style. I thinks she nails it.

5. arang February 28, 2013 at 21:06 #

I really like this. It’s quite different from the usual, but she pulls it off very well. After a slightly bland Oscars showing, I’m glad to see something interesting. Bet it looks even better in motion. Also, yes, an updo might have fit the dress better.

6. Anj February 28, 2013 at 21:10 #

I think her height here is workable. It’s not that long that dragging is obvious.
    I wish she added a delicate pendant necklace for subtle styling.
    This isn’t the greatest dress, but it’s okay.

• sasa February 28, 2013 at 21:37 #

This dress is definitely begging for some accessories.

7. adrian February 28, 2013 at 21:32 #

Definitely a winner

8. Rebecca Z February 28, 2013 at 21:48 #

There are more flattering pictures out there where her hair is off one shoulder. It is a pretty dress–nothing spectacular without the belt. Unfortunately, I think the belt would have overwhelmed her tiny body.

9. MissAmynae February 28, 2013 at 22:38 #

Needs a belt, and hair at least behind her shoulders.

• Camille March 1, 2013 at 23:36 #

I agree. Desperately needs the belt from the runway version. Hair sleek and behind the shoulders and some killer earrings to pull this off.

10. Moxie February 28, 2013 at 22:56 #

Nothing is working for me in this picture. I don’t like the dress, and her hair is in the way.

11. EmmaWoodhouse March 1, 2013 at 00:47 #

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this look–it’s dramatic yet almost casual, confident and feminine. It is so much better on her than the model…this is absolutely BDOTW-worthy in my eyes. Her styling just works with it, simple as it is.

12. kane March 1, 2013 at 01:03 #

The skirt reminds me of Old Hollywood costume extravaganza. I find most of her dresses on this promo tour… okay. Michelle’s far more interesting.

13. CreoleLady March 1, 2013 at 01:33 #

The dress is stunning on the model but wasted on Mila. It looks like it is too big in the torso/waist and she is simply too short to pull off all of those tiers. Minimalist styling doesn’t help. Nice try, but no.

• Lashae March 1, 2013 at 07:59 #

14. Quinn March 1, 2013 at 02:00 #

I LOVE this!! most definitely a winning look in my opinion. and her face is just so stunning.

15. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang March 1, 2013 at 04:37 #

This Alexander McQueen strapless grey tiered gown might look amazing onthe model, but sadly it’s another story on Mila!! She should pull her hair up to make her dress stand for itself!! Mila should also wear the runway belt, as we saw on Rosamund Pike who ditched the belt for effortless styling, but seriously not the case on Mila due to her petite frame that makes her look quite dowdy in that dress!! It was a uge departure from the LA dress and the Moscow stunner!! What a shame, Mila!!

16. Yeliz March 1, 2013 at 05:18 #

I’m not really a fan of the dress itself, but she looks gorgeous. And I think her hair is totally fine with this look.

17. Beta March 1, 2013 at 07:50 #

I dont know, im not sold. Love makeup + hair, but am not a fan of the ruffles

18. Lily March 1, 2013 at 10:09 #

I miss a belt,and it’s a pity that she haven’t done a bun or updo.

19. Fanny March 1, 2013 at 13:08 #

I don’t mind the hair down, I guess she was going for a not-very-dressed-up vibe and I think she’s succesfull. She looks beautiful.

20. Leo March 1, 2013 at 13:18 #

Without the belt the dress looks kinda old fashioned, like a costume from a western. She’s auditioning for Django 2? Don’t like it.

21. Barbs March 1, 2013 at 18:38 #

I think it’s very OZ! I like it! Different from the usual.

22. Milla B. March 1, 2013 at 19:32 #

Why Hollywood suffer from belt-phobia ?

23. Mana March 3, 2013 at 04:04 #

She’s glowing! Amazing choice of outfit, hair and makeup.

24. Alicat March 3, 2013 at 08:04 #

I just don’t like this dress. All those ruffles. Too much going on. Simplify!

25. Jess2 March 6, 2013 at 12:38 #

I absolutely love this! The gown is gorgeous and her long straight hair, pushed behind one hear is so beautiful! I have been waiting for Mila to return to her Black Swan style star days, and while that tour is probably impossible to beat, this tour is coming close! Love her!