Lea Michele In Vivienne Tam – PaleyFest Icon Award 2013

Lea Michele In Vivienne Tam - PaleyFest Icon Award 2013

Lea Michele attended the PaleyFest Icon Award presentation at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, California on Wednesday evening, her first time on the red carpet since the 2013 SAG Awards.

The ‘Glee’ actress has been donning several lingerie-inspired dresses on the red carpet lately, and this Vivienne Tam Spring 2013 gown is no different.

Her black silk-chiffon gown with a sheer layered skirt and lace bustier was styled with Elie Saab dark grey open toe heels with gold buckle detail and a few rings.

Neutral makeup with kohl-rimmed eyes and nude glossy lips, plus a simple bun with wispy bangs, completed her look.

I know many of you just can’t get past your dislike for Lea to appreciate her red carpet looks, but I love how sexy, grown up and sophisticated this look is.

The lace bustier improves the look over the runway version.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Which Was Your Favourite Anne Hathaway 2013 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Anne Hathaway 2013 Awards Season Look?

Vanessa Hudgens In Sachin + Babi - 'Spring Breakers' LA Press Conference

Vanessa Hudgens In Sachin + Babi – ‘Spring Breakers’ LA Press Conference

25 Responses to Lea Michele In Vivienne Tam – PaleyFest Icon Award 2013

1. Christine February 28, 2013 at 17:26 #

I like this look surprisingly.

2. Moxie February 28, 2013 at 17:28 #

I don’t think that particular lace bustier improves anything. Had it been a lace panel, that would have been an improvement. But the lines of the bustier cheapen it.

3. Jessica February 28, 2013 at 17:46 #

Love this entire look! She looks great

4. Pam. February 28, 2013 at 17:55 #

It is a really cool look. It’s sexy in a very young, fun and thankfully un-tortured way that her other looks don’t always achieve. She does look amazing.

Also, I’ve never noticed how big, brown and pretty her eyes are.

5. Zissou February 28, 2013 at 18:08 #

I think she’s simply wearing that dress over a lace bodysuit.
    And even if she’s not, then the fact that I am completely willing to accept that she could have been wearing it, just goes to show how wrong the look is.

6. Emma February 28, 2013 at 18:13 #

I think it is appalling how people let their dislike of her influence their opinion of her clothes. I’ve met her, and I’ve known other people who have met her, and she is a sweetheart in real life. I also think this is one of her best looks. The dress isn’t over the top and I love the simple hairstyle!

7. mm February 28, 2013 at 18:15 #

I agree the lace bustier improves the look. i love that bustier.

8. Yeliz February 28, 2013 at 18:28 #

I like this. I’m glad she wore the bustier, because had she not wore it, this dress would have look so tacky.

9. Amy February 28, 2013 at 19:01 #

it’s an okay look. I would have loved it if the whole skirt was lined instead of the dress/skirt thing going on. But it’s definitely an improvement from the runway version which is a bit tacky

• dee February 28, 2013 at 19:13 #

I agree.

10. Robert February 28, 2013 at 19:40 #

“I know many of you just can’t get past your dislike for Lea to appreciate her red carpet looks,”. I can get past my dislike for anyone to appreciate their looks, thankfully. A fashion win transcends all negative emotions!

I don’t care for black 99% of the time. This is one of those times.

11. Agathe February 28, 2013 at 19:46 #

Adding the bustier was a smart move, from tacky to sexy.
    I don’t care for the hair, though.

12. arang February 28, 2013 at 22:10 #

I appreciate this as a softer take on sophistication than she has been wont to do. It’s not as try-hard. However, I personally think it slides towards tackiness. Had the bustier been opaque black (possibly with a lace overlay), I would have liked the whole thing as it beautifully suits her figure.

13. Teleholic February 28, 2013 at 23:58 #

I don’t like Lea (her personality) but I am in absolute love with this look. Much better than the runway, that is how you make something your own.

14. EmmaWoodhouse March 1, 2013 at 00:39 #

This look is still very tacky to me. The bustier makes it just as bad or worse…she should have scrapped the whole look imo.

15. CreoleLady March 1, 2013 at 01:14 #

Some of her looks are do’s and some are don’ts. This one is a don’t for me as in don’t like the exposed bra.

16. Valeria March 2, 2013 at 05:07 #

The look is simply ok, nothing particularly tacky or inspiring. But she is a pretty girl who would glow with way less makeup than she usually applies

17. Tina March 2, 2013 at 05:28 #

To be honest there is nothing terribly bad the look – in fact, if someone more inspiring and fierce wore this I might have liked this a lot more. But as it stands Lea Michele is not working this dress at all. Looks kinda of…dull.

18. Amanda March 2, 2013 at 06:09 #

I would have never thought to pick such a plain dress but the bustier and styling is wonderful.

19. Jillia March 5, 2013 at 19:47 #

I like the dress, I just don’t like how she presents it.

20. Jess2 March 6, 2013 at 13:15 #

I’m with you FC, I thinks she looks really great, I love this dress! I also love that her demeanour and pose doesn’t scream try hard. It is a yes from me.