Jennifer Lawrence In Lanvin – The Weinstein Company Academy Award Party

Jennifer Lawrence In Lanvin - The Weinstein Company Academy Award Party

Before gracefully tripping over her Christian Dior Couture gown to collect her ‘Best Actress’ Oscar statuette on Sunday, Jennifer Lawrence joined Kerry Washington on the red carpet at Soho House in West Hollywood, California on Saturday for the Weinstein Company Academy Award Party hosted by Chopard; this followed the 2013 Independent Spirit Awards on what was a very busy weekend.

Wearing her second Lanvin Spring 2013 look, she donned a black-and-white sleeveless vest with an asymmetrical lapel and black pants.

Once again, this look is young and sexy. Where was this type of look during the start of awards season?

A gold Lanvin cuff, black Bottega Veneta clutch and gold strappy sandals completed her look.

I would’ve preferred her hair up, but I guess that it’s down to detract from the deep plunging neckline.

You can buy Jennifer’s Lanvin vest from Nordstrom and Barneys.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

37 thoughts on “Jennifer Lawrence In Lanvin – The Weinstein Company Academy Award Party

1. Nat39

T think the oversized vest is hideous – the redundant lapel, the exposed chest…really tasteless, the hair is a mess, she look dishevelled as opposed to chic and sexy to me.

2. Yeliz

Hate to disagree with you FC, but I don’t like this at all. This ensemble is doing nothing for her body, instead it’s unflattering and makes her look boxy and bulky and the plunging neckline isn’t nice at all.

3. Noemi

The only thing I like is the clutch. The vest is not particularly beautiful and I don’t like the exposed breasts. The pants are unflattering. I don’t even like the cuff.

4. kane

Overall, I don’t think this is so bad. The outfit in itself is a bit… well, but she’s pulling it off. She looks cool, in her own element (which might be a more idiomatic phrase in my mother tongue, sorry), she doesn’t look as misplaced as she has done in in themselves much more appealing gowns.

5. Marybeth

In the look-book and on the runway the vest is worn open with a top underneath. It still looks baggy and boxy there but not quite as bad as trying to wear it alone as a top.

6. Cass

One of the minority – but I think she is rocking the look pretty well. The hair, the gold cuff, the confidence and the heels bring out the edginess of this look. I think she works it better than the model.

7. asherlev1

She can look freaking drop-dead gorgeous, like at the Vanity Fair party. And then this. WHY DO YOU DO THIS, RACHEL ZOE.

1. Francesca

ITA
      what a disaster. I don’t like anything about this look, it’s unflattering and really doesn’t sui her

8. Joy

Yeah, this vest is just really weird and super unflattering. I’m all about a plunging V, but this is not the way it should look. It just doesn’t look pulled together and it looks like she’s missing her shirt. Maybe if her hair was pulled up. To be honest, I don’t really get her style. Sometimes she’s so on, and then others ?? it’s like she has no clue or no care for fashion.

9. Rashmi

Its something different for her. We have seen that she can be make a feminine dress a bit unflattering and unattractive. She’s trying something new, and I like it. But I really wished she had worn the inside top and kept the look same as runway.

10. katie

I love this outfit on Jennifer, i think it looks much better on her than on the model. Though its not my style she is rocking it

11. anjos

Well, this is interesting.

Not everything has to be classically flattering to the shape of the body. A lot of the really well fitted pieces I tend to find looking too mature, which was exactly my problem with her style in the past. This is a very nice Parisian play on proportions. It’s not supposed to show the figure. It’s very chic.