27.02.13 Sidewalk Style

Anne Hathaway In Madwell – Out In LA

Anne Hathaway in Madewell

When Kate Hudson appeared on the worst-dressed list for her Stella McCartney Oscars gown in 2001, she said the designer and her laughed their asses off.

Anne Hathaway’s approach was to issue an apology yesterday via WWD for the confusion over the dress: a press release had been sent out saying the dress was Valentino, so her Prada dress was miscredited by several outlets. A tad overdramatic, but I guess it was aimed at undoing the upset the House of Valentino must have felt, considering they have worked so closely with the actress over the years.

Yesterday she was sported grabbing lunch with her husband in Los Angeles, California wearing a prettier dress by Madewell.

Her sleeveless floral dress with a rounded neckline and nipped-in waist was styled with a Stella McCartney ‘Bailey Boo’ cross-body bag, chic shades and thonged sandals.

I love the effortless, ethereal nature of this feminine look, which she styled perfectly.

The chunky cardigan is much needed because despite the sunshine, it is actually quite cold in LA.

You can buy Anne’s Madewell dress from Madwell.com.

Credit: Getty

Jada Pinkett-Smith In Les Chiffoniers - Out In New York City

Jada Pinkett-Smith In Les Chiffoniers – Out In New York City

Jennifer Lawrence In Lanvin - The Weinstein Company Academy Award Party

Jennifer Lawrence In Lanvin – The Weinstein Company Academy Award Party

19 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Madwell – Out In LA

1. Yeliz February 27, 2013 at 19:17 #

I totally understand the disappointment of the House of Valentino. I’m sure Anne would’ve looked much better, had she worn one of their designs. But she gave a good apology.
    As for this look, I really like it. It’s an effortless relaxed look.

• Christine February 28, 2013 at 02:05 #

2. Morgan February 27, 2013 at 19:22 #

I think what happened is actually that she changed dresses last minute, from Valentino to Prada, after seeing Amanda Seyfried’s dress because it was incredibly similar to the one she wore. She apologized to Valentino because they were unaware of the dress change and believe she would be wearing their gown, her original choice

3. ash February 27, 2013 at 19:42 #

Apparently, Anne asked Amanda to send her a picture of the dress she’s wearing to the Oscars the night before and after seeing how similar it was to the Valentino dress she’s supposed to wear, she switched to the Prada dress. I thought it was nice of Anne to switch her dress because Amanda only had 1 dress. Amanda has been working with McQueen since January for her Oscar dress.

Anne looks very good in this picture, btw.

• Christine February 28, 2013 at 02:10 #

Here’s the thing where Rachel Zoe should’ve known better. Always have a second and third option. I am surprised she didn’t have at least 1 other Valentino dress as back-up just in case. And I am really surprised that Valentino couldn’t custom designed Anne’s dress. Very Puzzling.

FC I would love to know your thoughts.

• Catherine Kallon February 28, 2013 at 06:05 #

I think the issue is that Rachel is no longer personally styling her anymore.

While I don’t blame her for switching, she should’ve worn another Valentino gown.

• Christine February 28, 2013 at 12:22 #

I wonder who is now personally styling her?

I couldn’t agree more about picking another Valentino gown.

• GGG February 28, 2013 at 03:30 #

She’s won an Oscar but all anyone can talk about is her dress. I love fashion as much as everyone on this site, but I feel bad for her. Her moment was ruined because of a dress. I just think that’s wrong!

• Jess2 March 7, 2013 at 10:05 #

I agree GGG, I am a little gutted for her also. Such an amazing achievement for her and very well deserved in my opinion. It wasn’t a great dress but I didn’t think it was hideous and I do really understand why she changed. Unfortunately these things happen. I hope that she isn’t feeling too down about it.

I really like this dress on Anne, I often like her street style and I continue to love her hair.

4. florence February 28, 2013 at 00:03 #

I dont understand the need to wear such a beautiful dress if you are going to ruin it with such a heavy cardigan

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 28, 2013 at 00:48 #

The sad moment when her street style is better than her Oscar style…this is such a cute look!
    As for the Oscars, I don’t see why she didn’t stick with the original. Sure, Amanda’s and hers were similar, maybe–but not the same. Better two good looks than one total disaster!

• Rashmi February 28, 2013 at 08:56 #

+1.
      This is so cute. I totally love this.
      +100 for the Oscar dress selection comment. She should have either stuck to the earlier one, or any other from the Valentino collection.

6. the ogre February 28, 2013 at 06:32 #

hello there! she looks so nice here and hello people let’s give her a break. she really is an academy award winner at the end of the day. so lets all back off a bit and respect her for what she does on screen. there r many more oscar ceremonies in the future for her to attend i’m sure. so lets wait and watch!

7. ddukes February 28, 2013 at 09:56 #

I think I am the only person on the planet that was wowed by the pink Prada. I loved it! I thought she looked great. I even loved the necklace with it. I thought it was perfect. And I thought the nipple thing was sexy, whether those were darts or nipples, especially for her clean image.

8. dee February 28, 2013 at 13:19 #

I really like her outfit.

9. Lea February 28, 2013 at 15:51 #

She’s adorable. She was sweet enough to be kind to her friend and use options that she has and that’s all anyone can talk about. She just won a freaking Oscar! Anyways, that’s a great dress and I want to own it and she looks great in it.

10. Moxie February 28, 2013 at 17:26 #

I love the dress. I wish I could wear long dresses like this, but I’m so short it looks awful.

11. Amy February 28, 2013 at 19:26 #

wow I love fashion but people sometimes makes such a big deal of things. let’s get back to the real deal, she won an oscar. Maybe she didn’t have another Valentino there, it’s not like you could buy those things on you local supermarket, houses usually send them by plane. Anyway she didn’t wear Valentino for the oscars but she wore it for her wedding and I think there’s no bigger proof of love than that.

12. Sterling Silver February 28, 2013 at 20:07 #

Wonderful dress. Anne is so cute in everything.