Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture - 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

Having taken to the red carpet at the Oscars wearing Marchesa, and the Vanity Fair party wearing Oscar de la Renta, Fan Bingbing scored a hat trick of looks by changing into her third gown for the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar party on Sunday evening.

For her third look, she wore an Elie Saab Spring 2012 Couture gown.

While I love the dramatics of the Marchesa gown, I also can’t help falling in love with this soft, pretty, peachy gown with an embellished cape detail.

I’m not a fan of the black Roger Vivier clutch with this heavenly look; it would’ve worked better with her second gown. I do, however, adore her ruby Chopard drop earrings.

Having to change three times in one night, you have to wonder how much fun Fan Bingbing was able to have at any of the events. I guess the fun was in the dressing up.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jamie Chung In Pamella, Pamella Roland - 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For' LA Premiere

Jamie Chung In Pamella, Pamella Roland – ‘Sin City: A Dame To Kill For’ LA Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Givenchy - 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Zoe Saldana In Givenchy – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

56 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

1. Christine February 26, 2013 at 15:52 #

I like this look the best. She looks great.

2. Rebecca Z February 26, 2013 at 15:55 #

Sorry, I just don’t get it. What is she doing there?

• CreoleLady February 26, 2013 at 16:41 #

Hogging up dresses and attention. Three major gowns in one night — did I miss her Oscar nomination? I didn’t watch the show, maybe she performed.

Sorry, getting a little snarky here, so maybe I’d better stop commenting on FBB for a while. She has had wonderful moments and will undoubtedly have more.

• Ramsay February 26, 2013 at 23:02 #

Indeed – she just can’t get enough dresses – She doesn’t realise that the fun part (the challenge) is actually making a choice instead of wearing everything you can get your hands on – and making a choice is actually what gets you respected as a fashionista not changing three dresses in one night

• Neli February 26, 2013 at 17:37 #

+ 1

• pipsqueak February 26, 2013 at 17:56 #

I bet China’s ruling party picked up her bills. Fashion is her Olympic sport and it’s all about keeping scores. I like her Dior look the best, b/c I like Dior.

• sasa February 26, 2013 at 18:15 #

She’s overdoing it with being everywhere just for the sake of showing off fashion.

• Lenallll February 27, 2013 at 11:16 #

She attended this party because She is the brand ambassador of Chopard. And Chopard Sponsored Oscar.

• adrian February 26, 2013 at 20:59 #

why indeed.

• Foteini P. February 26, 2013 at 21:52 #

1: what is she everywhere?
      2: This clutch again!!! :(

• Sea February 27, 2013 at 01:37 #

And unfortunately the top is so sheer that I can see her you-know-what… and my husband thought she was a party crasher…

• Kelsey February 27, 2013 at 02:31 #

I’ve been scratching my head trying to figure this out, too.

• Christine February 27, 2013 at 03:07 #

I’ve been wondering the same. The mind is boggled.

3. Artemsisia February 26, 2013 at 15:57 #

This would be fabulous if she had bothered to have the top lined. How awkward for people talking to her, trying their best not to stare at her nipples.

• Louise February 27, 2013 at 02:53 #

Wow, I didn’t even notice that. Eww, that’s really unappealing.

4. anne g February 26, 2013 at 15:58 #

She’s amazing in this dress but the deseperate-attention-famewhore in her, disgusted me.
    her attitude makes the dress looks cheap

• Amanda February 27, 2013 at 05:21 #

My thoughts exactly. Can’t believe what I see in her chest. Still shocked.

5. Thomas February 26, 2013 at 16:03 #

Does anyone else notice her nipples? Other than that she looks fantastic

6. Moxie February 26, 2013 at 16:08 #

I don’t understand the insults. I think she looks fantastic, except for the clutch. Love it or hate it, she (almost) always brings drama to a look. She is always entertaining to watch.

7. Molly February 26, 2013 at 16:08 #

Ummm…is the top sheer? I hate to sound like a prude, but thats inappropriate for an event like this, she should have lined it or at the very least worn pasties.

8. Fadel February 26, 2013 at 16:21 #

Actually she wore 4 dresses that night
    Check out elie saab facebook page to see her 4th look

9. Yeliz February 26, 2013 at 16:24 #

Three looks in one night are a bit too much IMO, even at Oscars night. That said, this is her best look of all the three, even though the clutch looks out of place. The gown is magnificent, therefore she gets a pass it, though.

• Yeliz February 26, 2013 at 16:25 #

*a pass with it

10. Aline February 26, 2013 at 16:29 #

NOW we’re talking! This is, without doubt, the best look she wore on Sunday. That clutch was a horrible choice but she carries the dress so well that it doesn’t annoy me much.

• Aline February 26, 2013 at 20:47 #

I was checking the site on my phone when I commented and didn’t notice the sheerness of the top half. Now I’m extremely disappointed.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 28, 2013 at 00:38 #

I felt the same way, as your first and second comments.

11. Agathe February 26, 2013 at 16:35 #

I think all her looks of the night suffer from a ghostly make-up (her face doesn’t match her body at all…).
    I absolutely hate the nipple display as it contradicts the sweet princess idea of the look.

12. J February 26, 2013 at 16:37 #

I’m sorry but four dresses in one night is ridiculous. I don’t like this constant changing trend. It’s an insult to dresses that surely took hours to make! Be happy with one, wear it for the night and wear it well.

• Elise February 26, 2013 at 20:14 #

Totally agree. Even two dresses is too much, but I can understand it in some cases (JLaw for instance)

This gown is so beautiful, but major nip fail and this time on purpose for sure. This is not the runway! and that black clutch again…

13. Neli February 26, 2013 at 17:38 #

3??? she really wants atention!

14. zineb February 26, 2013 at 17:41 #

The nipples screwed up the beauty of the gown. While ppl should focus on this Elie Saab’s wonderful creation, folks will only be looking at her nipples. It needed a linen underneath sawwy

15. Anj February 26, 2013 at 17:55 #

This is better than the striped dress, but what is up with her makeup? You’ll notice it more in her other dress but it’s a totally different shade than the rest of her.

Also, I want to stomp the hell out of that clutch. I don’t care how much is cost, it looks cheap.

16. Amy February 26, 2013 at 17:57 #

her best oscar look

17. Leti February 26, 2013 at 18:37 #

This would have been my favorite of her dresses if not for the nipps, which I find entirely vulgar. I also agree with the other comments about so many dress changes being excessive, especially since she wasn’t attending as a nominee or presenter.

• dee February 26, 2013 at 19:02 #

18. Shaina February 26, 2013 at 19:54 #

Wow and wow again. She looks elegant and beautiful here! Just flawless.

19. jen February 26, 2013 at 20:02 #

she should have worn THIS to the oscars. its soooooo beautiful

20. rita February 26, 2013 at 20:25 #

I personally couldn’t care less about the reasons she is there, this is a fashion blog, we are here to judge her on her look(s). She looks amazing! This is the only dress I would have remembered from the snoozefest that was the whole event (expect Naomi Watts who was also a stand out imo!).

21. justme February 26, 2013 at 20:25 #

I thought the commenters in previous posts calling her attention seeking were a bit harsh. But I’m starting to understand. 3 different looks and she wasn’t even a nominee/presenter/performer? Come on, now.

The dress is stunning on the runway. On Fan Bingbing, all I see is the clutch… and the nipples :/

22. Amanda February 26, 2013 at 21:30 #

The color is lovely but the hair is too much. Not sure about the cape…

23. TL February 26, 2013 at 22:03 #

No, not just 3, she changed 4 looks in 24 hours.

She went to a party held by The Weinstein Company wearing a nude Elie Saab 2012 dress.

• TL February 26, 2013 at 22:11 #

And the nipples…sigh… it looks terrible

24. Mahine February 26, 2013 at 22:25 #

She looks gorgeous! I’m so happy someone chose this dress but she should have worn a bra or something to hide her breast.

25. Alicat February 26, 2013 at 22:41 #

She tries too hard and she looks overdone. She does not possess natural style. Each of the dresses is beautiful but they wear her. The Imelda Marcos inspired hairdo is awful.

• Maria Luiza Maia February 27, 2013 at 00:21 #

26. EmmaWoodhouse February 26, 2013 at 23:47 #

I was about to say that this was a BDOTY worthy moment, my favorite of the night, but then…I saw that the top was sheer. I can’t even begin to say how devastated I am. This would have topped them all for me, even with the black clutch. As it is, I can’t back it. :(
    P.S. I am GLAD she was there! Her Marchesa was one of my favorites and she brought the drama with all three looks (even though this one was such a second-glance disappointment)

27. Maria Luiza Maia February 27, 2013 at 00:20 #

I don’t know about yoy guys, but I’m already tired of Fan Bingbing.

She always looks impecable, with stunning dresses, and she really know how to work in front of the cameras, but I can’t feel nothing special coming from her. There’s no attitude. No glow. No WOW factor.

28. Dani February 27, 2013 at 03:37 #

This is her best look of the evening! Yes, a heavenly look! A peachy vision. Only achieved in an Elie Saab gown!

29. TeaAtTwo February 27, 2013 at 03:46 #

Shame we can see her nipples because she looks like a vision of loveliness but I’m peeved that as someone who can get hold of 3 amazing gowns she couldn’t find one or 3 amazing clutch(es) to complement her gowns.

30. Noemi February 27, 2013 at 09:27 #

The dress is beautiful, of course, but the clutch is ugly for the delicate dress. Also, if you search on google images “Moira Orfei” you’ll laugh because she has the same hairstyle (so ugly) of this italian former actress and owner of a circus. Honestly, beside her taste for clothes, undeniable, I’m starting to be bored by her. She looks like a doll, but in a boring way. I prefer Zang Ziyi.

• jingjing February 27, 2013 at 20:07 #

i totally agree with you. i prefer zhang ziyi too!

31. Valeria February 28, 2013 at 04:09 #

So typically Chinese-wear all you have at once and show off. I kind of enjoyed her OTT style when FC covered her looks for fashion weeks, but this nip slip is just too tacky. Since I live in China I asked a lot of people who she is and what she does and nobody could name a single decent part she was in even locally, but enthusiastically told me how many plastic surgeries she is rumored to have had to make her chin pointy and cheekbones higher. Im sure no woman deserves a public backlash of hatred for what she wears but at this point seems there in nothing behind those dresses. It’s a fashion site but at one point when there is no personality and a dress wears the wearer it becomes ridiculous

32. Prudence February 28, 2013 at 05:35 #

am I seeing nipples or it that just my imagination??? So the dress stops where the lil cape starts??? thats weird. Im sorry but what was elie thinking??

33. Ken March 2, 2013 at 05:46 #

I’m amazed how many haters here! She is awesome, beautiful, and real, and I bet anyone who has opportunity to show up at Oscar would show as much as they can to the world, not to mention this is her first time at Oscar as a foreign actress. The good news is people still value Oscars and come to hollywood from the globe. Will it be more fun if it were just bunch of old faces every year? As for why she is here, she got invited for various reasons and that’s why. Can a normal person randomly show up at the red carpet or these parties and be featured in spotlight just because he/she wants? Can you? Is it really because of her dress or nipples? Or jealousy? Come on guys (or mostly women?), just chill~

34. Jess2 March 8, 2013 at 12:35 #

She was doing soooo well and I was so excited when I first saw the image because this was one of my favourite gowns from the collection BUT then I saw the nipples and my heart sank. I am so disappointed.

35. Mark March 19, 2013 at 03:08 #

Fan Bing Bing was attending Oscars because she was invited. Hollywood and Oscars are desperate to reach into the Chinese market for profits, they need to increase their events coverage, thus star power. Fashion design houses are in the same boat, they need her to showcase their dresses so they can sell.