26.02.13

Britney Spears In Michael Cinco Couture - 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

Britney Spears debuted a darker hair colour on the red carpet at Elton John’s Aids Foundation Oscar bash on Sunday.

I have to say, she’s never looked better. Taking the hair out of the equation, I love her smile and her confidence – two things that have been M.I.A. for a while.

She was radiant, wearing a Michael Cinco Couture black sequin gown with a plunging neckline, bold shoulders and a sheer back with embroidered details.

While the gown wasn’t the most original on the night, it’s doing wonders for Britney. I couldn’t be more proud of her for this moment and thankful that this is not a bandage dress or two sizes too small.

Britney’s back and looking beyond gorgeous.

Credit: Getty

Maria Sharapova In Amanda Wakeley Atelier - 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Maria Sharapova In Amanda Wakeley Atelier – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Katie Aselton In Paule Ka - 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

Katie Aselton In Paule Ka – 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

21 Responses to Britney Spears In Michael Cinco Couture – 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

1. Yeliz February 26, 2013 at 16:40 #

Being a huge Britney fan in my childhood, I have to say I am proud too seeing her looking this good after a loooooong time. Not gonna lie, I am not wowed by this look and I dislike the plunging neckline, but I can overlook everything, because she seems happy and healthy and gorgeous. Oh and I am of course very thankful as well, that this isn’t another dated bandage dress.

2. Marybeth February 26, 2013 at 17:05 #

If it were anyone other than Britney, I’d fuss about the 1980′s shoulders and excessively wide plunge. I’d say the look is okay but nothing special.
    Since it’s Britney, I say she looks FANTASTIC!
    (We are rooting for you, girl!)

3. RAfael February 26, 2013 at 17:06 #

Damn, is she Britney Spears? She’s irrecognizable, not in the good way.

• kane February 26, 2013 at 17:10 #

Thanks, I thought it was just me.

• Christine February 27, 2013 at 02:51 #

Her best look in ages. Love the smile and she looks wonderful. Baby steps.

4. mm February 26, 2013 at 17:17 #

I agree best she has looked in years.
    she still looks nervous on the red carpet

love the hair color

5. Pedro February 26, 2013 at 17:33 #

She looks GORGEOUS!

I love the hair color

6. Amy February 26, 2013 at 17:48 #

this look is far from original, but it’s great look britney or not, the dress is classic, the fit is right, the heir is neat.Very elegant

7. pipsqueak February 26, 2013 at 17:50 #

Much improvement; by no means an inspiration on the red carpet or in style.

8. nguyen tran gia linh February 26, 2013 at 18:11 #

She Looks Stunning…I Love My Idol 4Ever

9. fabiana February 26, 2013 at 18:23 #

she looks GORGE!!!! good for her!

10. dee February 26, 2013 at 18:52 #

This not all that great. It is better than how she usually looks but I really dislike the hair color and the deep plunge is not flattering her bosom.

• adrian February 26, 2013 at 20:56 #

+1 – I can root for her and still wonder where they got this awful wig/extension color. The plunge is cheap, but overall, she’s better packaged than normal. At least it’s not short and tight.

11. Moxie February 26, 2013 at 20:09 #

She looks fantastic. One of the best at the parties.

12. Amanda February 26, 2013 at 21:27 #

much improved!

13. EmmaWoodhouse February 26, 2013 at 23:52 #

Let’s get the bad out of the way: that plunge is way too much and is tacky. If it were a gentle v or a high neck, I would LOVE this. As it is, I can’t.
    HOWEVER. The length, sleeves, hair, pose, makeup–everything is vastly improved, which is nice to see.

14. Liana February 26, 2013 at 23:53 #

She looks great. I can’t understand why anybody wouldn’t like the new haircoluor. These people haven’t seen her lately or what? She looks gorgeous and that hair colour really goes with her complexion. The dress is pretty as well and the plunging neckline is fine. At least it’s not Heidi Klum’s inspired ;)

15. Vicky February 27, 2013 at 01:09 #

The sheer back is beautiful and that smile is a winner!

16. christine February 27, 2013 at 07:00 #

“I love her smile and her confidence two things that have been MIA for a whlie.” I couldn’t agree more! So happy to see someone i idolized as a young girl looking happy again. Id rather see her dressed sort of skanky and looking happy then dressed well and looking miserable.

17. Gabby M February 28, 2013 at 21:03 #

I am liking her new hair! but, shes gotta not show off her decolletage cuz… that looks about 20 yrs her senior, and youd think celebs would know by now how to do theyre makeup, but she has quite an orange face, and very much different then her neck :/

18. Jess2 March 8, 2013 at 10:58 #

Her new hair colour is nice. The dress is beautiful and looks gorgeous on her but the plunge is a bit too much for my liking. She doesn’t look overly uncomfortable but her smile is still a little forced. Both pros and cons for this look but it sure is a great improvement.