26.02.13

Amanda Seyfried In Givenchy – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Amanda Seyfried In Givenchy - 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Amanda Seyfried performed with her ‘Les Mis’ cast at the 2013 Oscars on Sunday wearing a dramatic red Givenchy gown with Kwiat ruby and diamond jewelry.

She also wore the same gown to the 2013 Vanity Fair party, which was held at Sunset Towers in Hollywood, California.

Her custom-made tulle gown with a red leather belt was my least favourite on the night, mostly due to the construction of the bodice.

It looks complicated, overworked, and not too comfortable either.

She fared much better in her Alexander McQueen red carpet gown.

Credit: Getty

19 Comments
Eve Hewson In Antonio Berardi - 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Eve Hewson In Antonio Berardi – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture - 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

19 Responses to Amanda Seyfried In Givenchy – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

1. Rebecca Z February 26, 2013 at 15:44 #

I agree the bodice is a tad overwrought, but I love the tulle skirt. Probably much easier to party in that the McQueen with the train.

2. Charlotte February 26, 2013 at 15:48 #

I prefer this dress much rather than the one she wore on the red carpet !

• dee February 26, 2013 at 19:02 #

I agree.

3. Christine February 26, 2013 at 15:51 #

I agree about the bodice too but I like the color.

4. Moxie February 26, 2013 at 16:05 #

Too overworked is right. Not a fan.

5. Yeliz February 26, 2013 at 16:21 #

I agree about the bodice, but I think this look is still better than her McQueen look, since it does not make her look so matronly.

6. Aline February 26, 2013 at 16:32 #

I like this one much better. The color looks beautiful against her skin and the makeup and hairstyle are complimentary to the dress.

7. J February 26, 2013 at 16:39 #

Strongly dislike this. That belt thing looks so cheap. Didn’t much like the 1st either but it was better than this.

8. pris February 26, 2013 at 16:58 #

it doesn’t translate so well in pictures, but she looked really good during her performance with the les miserables cast

9. Anj February 26, 2013 at 17:57 #

It’s looks more over-worked than it should be, but I like this better than her Oscar’s dress. The color is better, it’s more fierce, and I hated the neck collar of her other dress.

10. gabis February 26, 2013 at 19:35 #

I didn’t like it at first but now the more I look the more it grows on me. The colour is amazing. Her hair and makeup are flawless. She looks gorgeous.

11. adrian February 26, 2013 at 20:59 #

1 night, 2 fails

12. Kate February 26, 2013 at 22:55 #

I’m clearly in the minority here, but I like this dress! The bold red looks wonderful on her porcelain skin and the tule adds a bit of festive flavor. The bodice is a bit fussy and the high neck doesn’t help, but it doesn’t distract from that face and, therefore, I think she works it!

13. EmmaWoodhouse February 26, 2013 at 23:45 #

Not the worst of the night but it is a bit overworked and bumpy…the red is pretty but too bright for her. A bad design, I think.

14. Molly February 26, 2013 at 23:54 #

I love it. The bodice is a bit much for the red carpet, but she looked amazing on stage during ‘One Day More’, she really stood out from the rest of the cast. My only big issue is her makeup, it worked for the McQueen gown, but one would think that her makeup artist would have found a look to compliement both gowns. The purple is out of place with the dress.

15. FelipeA February 27, 2013 at 00:09 #

FC, this dress is Fall 2006, and if i don’t think somebody else wore it before.

16. Maria Luiza Maia February 27, 2013 at 00:23 #

I love it. Specially the neck part. The colour is so beautiful against her fair skin and blonde hair.

17. TeaAtTwo February 27, 2013 at 03:43 #

The neck straps really make this look like a 70s reject. Take the harness straps away and this could have worked OK.

18. Jess2 March 8, 2013 at 12:39 #

I am also not fond of the bodice. Loved her McQueen much more.