Alicia Vikander In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Oscars

Alicia Vikander In Elie Saab Couture - 2013 Oscars

Alicia Vikander continued her impressive run on the red carpet when she attended the 2013 Oscars on Sunday evening.

Still a relative unknown, the Swedish actress continues to wear Couture designs from the top ateliers which many actresses with more red carpet mileage under their waist-nipping belts can only dream about.

On this occasion she wore an exquisite Elie Saab Fall 2012 Couture gown.

Her powder-blue fully embroidered gown with an open-back which was accented with bold belt couldn’t be more perfect for her, but the hair and makeup aged her drastically.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eva Longoria's Casadei Pointed Toe Pumps

Eva Longoria’s Casadei Pointed Toe Pumps

Rose Byrne In Lanvin - 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Rose Byrne In Lanvin – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

19 Responses to Alicia Vikander In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Oscars

1. Liz February 26, 2013 at 01:54 #

Um…WOW!

2. MaddyEliza February 26, 2013 at 02:20 #

Oh my goodness!! I love this!! She looks SO elegant!! And I disagree with the ageing comment–I think she looks so sophisticated. Love this look. :)

3. Anj February 26, 2013 at 02:45 #

I agree on the point about the hair and make-up.

Also, for some reason the belt’s color jars me more on her than the model. I wish she opted for something more dramatic and neutral like a silver, or glitzy lighter blue belt.

4. Cashawna February 26, 2013 at 03:01 #

Blair wore this on gossip girl for wedding with chuck.. Aww I miss blair style on tv

5. TeaAtTwo February 26, 2013 at 03:28 #

She looks beautiful, angelic and elegant, I like her hair with this dress.

6. Christine February 26, 2013 at 03:29 #

For a newcomer, she is wearing a lot of couture gowns. She looks stunning.

7. EmmaWoodhouse February 26, 2013 at 03:48 #

One of my favorites of the night, if not THE best of them all! So glad to see a divine Saab rocking the red carpet–this is a gorgeous look, the hair works well, the makeup is a little off in the photo-lighting, but overall a stunning look! BDOTW!!!

• lola February 26, 2013 at 08:55 #

+1 I agree the dress is stunning i am not so sure about the makeup. Skintones reflexes and finsish can be diffecult.

8. Aline February 26, 2013 at 04:08 #

Definitely one of my favorites. With the braided hairstyle and her pose, she ends up giving the extremely beautiful dress an ethereal vibe that just works perfectly. And I find it very interesting how the same dress can look sweet and ethereal in one person and fierce on the other (Kloss).

9. JJ February 26, 2013 at 04:52 #

A winner! A stunner! Perfection!

10. Yeliz February 26, 2013 at 05:23 #

Wow. I didn’t even knew she was in attendance. She looks fantastic. I missed Elie Saab magic on the red carpet last night, so it’s so good to see Alicia looking so stunning in ES.

11. the ogre February 26, 2013 at 07:13 #

agree about the make up but i dont mind her hair at all. goes with the dress. and everything else is perfect as we have come to expect from her! yay! elie saab!

12. Anna February 26, 2013 at 07:34 #

LOVED it!!!!

13. Elise February 26, 2013 at 07:59 #

Sometimes I have the feeling that the Elie Saab gowns are fabulous, but not translated well from the runway to the red carpet, in special the fully embroidered ones. Alicia makes justice to the gown and she looks flawless.

14. Fanny February 26, 2013 at 09:54 #

My absolutfel favourite of the night. The dress is GORGEOUS with an open back and I actually liked the hair and makeup (although this is not the most flattering picture of it). Go Alicia!

15. Mari February 26, 2013 at 13:32 #

Amazing. She said in a interview that she doesn’t have a stylist.

16. serenissima February 26, 2013 at 14:37 #

Love the dress, but what did she do to the sleeves?

17. Moxie February 26, 2013 at 14:59 #

I would have known this was Elie Saab even without the headline. We’ve seen this dress (or ones very similar) so many times on the red carpet that it is hard to get excited.