25.02.13

Kristen Stewart In Reem Acra – 2013 Oscars

2013Oscars_KristenStewart

Kristen Stewart was added to the 2013 Oscars roster as a presenter for tonight’s show hosted at Hollywood & Highland Center’s Dolby Theatre in California.

She showed up towards the end of the red carpet festivities rocking quite the accessory, crutches, due to an unexplained injury. Crutches aside, the edgy starlet channeled a significantly softer side in a Reem Acra Couture design.

The creamy creation was an angelic gown with its flurries of tulle that peeked out from the intricate embroidery and embellishment of the dress.

While this was elegant enough, the dress appeared ill-fitting and it translated as too mature for this tomboy actress. As well, the colour nearly matched Kristen’s alabaster complexion. Unfortunately, the overall effect was more aging and washed-out than winning.

A different makeup look could have helped change that effect. Her smouldering, desert-hued smokey eye was pretty, but a bolder lip would have been nice. And her tousled waves seemed a bit too casual for the Oscars.

I didn’t like the Fred Leighton diamond link necklace here, as it was an unnecessary afterthought for this particular gown.

But, all in all, Kristen has to commended for conquering the red carpet even with an injured limp. She apparently even wore Jimmy Choo heels, not even resorting to Converse sneakers on this occasion.

Credit: Getty

Katie Holmes In Marchesa - 2014 Met Gala

Katie Holmes In Marchesa – 2014 Met Gala

Kerry Washington In Miu Miu - 2013 Oscars

Kerry Washington In Miu Miu – 2013 Oscars

39 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Reem Acra – 2013 Oscars

1. Sterling Silver February 25, 2013 at 01:56 #

FYI: Kristen Stewart doesn’t like to wear a bold lip.
    IT’s called personal style.

• justme February 25, 2013 at 08:20 #

Really? Because I’ve seen her with red lippie many times before.

• Sterling Silver February 25, 2013 at 16:03 #

Jillian Dempsey said that she asks to not wear it. She has a few times yes, but really prefers not to.

2. EmmaWoodhouse February 25, 2013 at 01:57 #

Sadly this is illfitted, but I’d like to give her props anyway for looking happy, confident, and like she made a real effort. Shehas a lovely smile. The dress is actually a very pretty color on her, it just doesn’t really flatter.

3. Christine February 25, 2013 at 01:57 #

Improvement but not wowed by this look.

4. Jai February 25, 2013 at 01:59 #

It’s most unflattering. She has an incredible figure and somehow the gown is making her look wide.

• Marta February 25, 2013 at 15:29 #

I disagree. Her figure lacks of waist, her neck is short. That dress is a disaster for her, it underlines her weakness. I must say I never saw Kristin wearing something so wrong for her.

5. Nat39 February 25, 2013 at 02:00 #

I think this dress is absolutely wrong for her, and both hair and necklace feel like an afterthought.

• Fiona-Brasil February 25, 2013 at 10:26 #

• Lashae February 25, 2013 at 10:46 #

• gabis February 26, 2013 at 20:00 #

• Jess2 March 3, 2013 at 10:49 #

6. TL February 25, 2013 at 02:05 #

Bad hair and wrong necklace

7. jones19 February 25, 2013 at 02:19 #

Love the dress but the hair and the necklace are not to my liking.

8. MaddyEliza February 25, 2013 at 02:23 #

Unfortunately I don’t like this look. :( Good for her for trying though.

9. Dhppy February 25, 2013 at 03:36 #

The fit is bad. It made her body look thick on screen.

10. Moxie February 25, 2013 at 03:46 #

Not impressed. Wrong color for her and illfitting.

11. Mandy February 25, 2013 at 03:50 #

Agree the fit is strange, she has a lovely figure and this is masking it somehow. Props for her walking the carpet in heels if she has to use crutches!

12. Yeliz February 25, 2013 at 05:05 #

I think she looks amazing. The gown is beautiful. I have to admit the bodice is not very well-fitted, but other than that this is a gorgeous look. Her makeup is also fine IMO. My only complaint is her hair, I expected a beautiful updo, like the one she sported at the 2010 Oscars. And yes, she wore Jimmy Choos and later switched to ballet flats.

13. Hannah February 25, 2013 at 05:47 #

Ill fitting, awful posing and shocker, another sheer look. Over it.

14. the ogre February 25, 2013 at 06:15 #

ok fine. u came to the oscars but why did she have to put on everything as an afterthought. the dress is just not her! her lovely figure looks slightly boxy and her hair is as frumpy as usual. i mean there is a whole lot of disconnect going on here which i’m really irritated about. this is an irritating look.period.

15. Adriana February 25, 2013 at 06:18 #

Very BAD…

16. T from Sydney February 25, 2013 at 06:40 #

Ugh her hair!!! She could of put it in a simple bun!! She kept playing with her hair so it looked worse as the night went on.

Her make up was perfect.

17. ariadne February 25, 2013 at 08:06 #

It looks like she’s trying too hard to look feminine, and it doesn’t help that the dress is ill-fitting.

18. justme February 25, 2013 at 08:23 #

The dress looked even more ill-fitted on my TV screen. She’s thin so I was surprised.

Her hair looks clean so… yay.

19. Renata A. February 25, 2013 at 12:34 #

She looked drunk and/or drugged on stage.
    Terrible hair, hunched shoulders, classic Kristen “I don’t give a damn” attitude.
    It’s the Oscars. If you aren’t thrilled to attend, stay home!!!

20. CTgirl February 25, 2013 at 13:59 #

The makeup is too subtle for the dress and occasion. The cut of the dress is not right for her straight up and down figure as it hugs her hips in the saddle bag area and doesn’t provide waist definition. The underpinning of the dress is terrible with that visibly cinched in area at the waist. The fabric of the dress is mumsy, the cut is dowdy, and the fit is a disaster. The hair is a greasy casual mess and the visible bruises on her arms should have been covered up. This whole look is the definition of a fashion disaster.

21. dee February 25, 2013 at 14:03 #

I like the dress but it doesn’t fit right on her bust. Hair should have been up.

22. carolina roq February 25, 2013 at 14:05 #

Why is she there again?

23. Susan February 25, 2013 at 14:30 #

I loved it. I thought the dress was lovely, i loved the necklace and I thought Kristen looked beautiful.

24. Parvati February 25, 2013 at 16:10 #

I don’t like anything about this look. I’m not crazy about the dress and the hair ruins the whole look for me, as its style is too casual for the Oscars.

• Camille February 25, 2013 at 17:24 #

Exactly! When she presented on stage, her hair looked awful! Fuzzy and unkempt. Ruined the whole look for me, that and her poor attitude. Instead of seeming happy or grateful to be there she just seems like she’s sneering and above it all. Very unattractive no matter how pretty the dress is.

25. S-R February 25, 2013 at 16:42 #

She always looks like she neither combed her hair nor showered. I have never been impressed by anything on this girl.

26. Alina February 25, 2013 at 16:55 #

BAD.

27. Stel February 25, 2013 at 18:11 #

WHY? Why this hair again???? Why? She has to wash it immediately or to do something that doesn’t make it seem so casual.. Wrong.

28. Nathalie19 February 25, 2013 at 19:42 #

a mess!

29. tracy February 25, 2013 at 21:48 #

There are pics of her wearing one heel/one flat. Which is just ridiculous and only made her limp more pronounced. It came off to me like a desperate bid for attention, tbh. Can’t just wear some nice flats and only have a hint of a limp, can we?

Besides that, the dress looks greyish and grungey against her skin tone, and she looks greasy and ill. Mess.

30. Marisa February 25, 2013 at 23:52 #

This. girl. I just don’t get it. I know she has the “I don’t care attitude” but she can try just a little. It literally looks like she rolled out of bed, put this dress on and went to the Oscars. It so could have worked but she is her own worst enemy in this. Also, the fit is awful, just awful.

31. Liz February 26, 2013 at 00:35 #

She was such a mess last night. The dress is pretty, but it was very ill-fitting. I think her stylist should introduce her to spanx if she’s going to wear dresses like this and that gold Elie Saab she wore not too long ago.

Also, I think if she was going to present even with a hurt foot, she could have at least pretended to be having a good time.

Her entire mood last night (even if it was due to nerves) just completely ruined any hope this look had.