25.02.13

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace – 2013 Oscars

HalleBerryVersace

Halle Berry added a dose of sex appeal to the red carpet at Sunday’s 2013 Oscars at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles.

The ‘Movie 43’ star wowed in a silver and black Atelier Versace gown.

Per usual, Halle looked stunning in this sequined striped gown, and the curved effect of the stripes made her hourglass figure even more va-va-voom. The strong, structured shoulders and long sleeves played perfectly off the peekabook neckline

Halle went for a bed-head messy hairstyle of the best variety that was accented with black drop earrings.

Credit: Getty

Emma Watson In Givenchy - Vogue Foundation Gala

Emma Watson In Givenchy – Vogue Foundation Gala

Helen Hunt In H&M – 2013 Oscars

Helen Hunt In H&M – 2013 Oscars

45 Responses to Halle Berry In Atelier Versace – 2013 Oscars

1. jones19 February 25, 2013 at 03:32 #

She kinda looks pregnant but I love the art deco lines of this gown. Gorgeous.

2. Christine February 25, 2013 at 03:34 #

She looks amazing. I like the Bond Girl vibes from this dress.

3. moja31 February 25, 2013 at 03:35 #

Best she’s looked in ages.

4. EmmaWoodhouse February 25, 2013 at 03:37 #

I like the idea of the stripes, but this look ends up being tacky (thanks to the plunging neckline) and dated (thanks to the squared shoulders). Not a great look imo. Also her hair is way out of control here.

5. Leti February 25, 2013 at 03:38 #

I love this! She definitely takes the prize for most improved. It’s nice to see Ms. Berry wearing something less vulgar than usual and wearing it well, at that!

6. Marlie February 25, 2013 at 03:39 #

Wished the dress was sleeveless. Would of liked it a lot better. In saying that, best she has looked in a long time

• Ruth February 25, 2013 at 04:59 #

Now I’m curious to what sleeveless would look like!

7. Moxie February 25, 2013 at 03:41 #

Interesting, but I’m not in love with it.

8. TeaAtTwo February 25, 2013 at 03:49 #

The art-deco beading gives a twist but altogether it feels a bit Vegas with the shoulders and the plunge. A slicker, more modern hair style would have helped.

9. Lance February 25, 2013 at 03:49 #

Um… yea… Way too similar to Jlo’s oscar gown last year. Dear Halle Berry, the world is sick to death of your haircut, and Jlo wore that look 1000 times better than you last year. Thanks.

• moonbeam February 25, 2013 at 06:00 #

I love Halle’s hair and I don’t remember what J.Lo wore to the Oscars last year.

• Jane February 25, 2013 at 06:38 #

i loved her in this dress, and when she’s grown her hair out it proves to be less appealing than the short so why should she change it? and there’s more to this dress than the plunging neckline…have some sartorial awareness, people. donatella may look like a cyborg but she is the FIERCE FORCE behind versace, don’t forget it. snap. and it was meant to have a vintage vibe as it was representing the bond girl archetype of past eras

• S-R February 25, 2013 at 16:04 #

This dress is in no way “too similar” to what Jennifer wore last year. I, for one, love Halle’s hair and never get sick of this woman with a pixie cut. I live in this world, the last time I checked. Any who, she looks stunning! I can only hope I will look this great at her age. I just wish Donatella had done a better job with the shoulder pads.

10. aiyu February 25, 2013 at 03:51 #

The shoulders, the stripes, the colours. Overall I find this look very dated, as if she just steps out from the 80s

11. Angela February 25, 2013 at 03:54 #

Sometimes I feel like this siteis a bit biased against Halle. IMO, she looks sexy, I love the golden detailing at the end of the plunging neckline, and the sharp shoulders are very bold, although I do think her hair should’ve been slicked back, it’s competing for my attention

• moonbeam February 25, 2013 at 06:03 #

I agree. They tend to diss Halle’s style a lot and drool over any random thing Diane Kruger or Emma Stone wears. I think Halle has a very feminine and figure-flattering style, which I appreciate. And she has better presence and presentation than anyone.

• justme February 25, 2013 at 08:36 #

Some are definitely biased.

• julyol1972 February 25, 2013 at 20:49 #

ITA!!! Everytime Halle is featured it seems as if the claws come out. Yes, she’s had some clunkers in the past, but I wish she would get her due when she looks great – which is the case here. Both she and Jane Fonda wore gowns with a similar shape, with shoulder pads and a seeming nod to the ’80s. Yet Jane was lauded but Halle is dismissed. And enough about the hair, please!!! She is one of those people who looks better with short hair – she’s tried many long versions and none suit her personality.

12. msd February 25, 2013 at 04:09 #

I don’t usually warm to Versace but I actually like this. Her hair is awful, yet again.

13. MaddyEliza February 25, 2013 at 04:21 #

For some reason I feel like this is nothing new. I love it though, and she looks great.

14. Prudence February 25, 2013 at 05:32 #

its not strapless, its not nude, it snot a murmaid cut,ITS AMAZING!! Versace killed it tonight. BEST DRESSED.

• amparo February 25, 2013 at 17:14 #

15. Yeliz February 25, 2013 at 05:46 #

She looks great from the neck down, but I am SO tired of that hair.

16. Sara February 25, 2013 at 08:21 #

She always looks the same to me, no matter what she is wearing.

• gabis March 1, 2013 at 19:48 #

Yes. But we cannot expect her to look any different when she’s always going for the same silhouettes, colour hues and designs not to mention the same old hair and makeup every time.

17. justme February 25, 2013 at 08:38 #

Her hair is growing, especially on top. So I think she should have slicked it back.
    That aside, I think she looks lovely.

18. Andy February 25, 2013 at 09:22 #

She looks amazing!

Initially I thought this look was a little too edgy for the Oscars but now I really appreciate that she went for something different. I would like to agree with what some have said about her hair but then I keep thinking of that old saying…”Why fix it, if it aint broke”

19. Amy February 25, 2013 at 10:12 #

this works, Halle is a stunner and this dress shows it. I don’t care about the hair it gives rock’n’roll vibe to the metallic dress.

20. kane February 25, 2013 at 10:30 #

I’m not wowed, but I certainly like it. Especially the effect around her legs I find intriguing.

21. dee February 25, 2013 at 13:51 #

The dress is pretty but I don’t like it on Halle. I think this gown is too mature for her. I would like on Helen Mirren or Glenn Close.

22. Pedro February 25, 2013 at 14:13 #

Amazign dress but the hair… I CAN’T!

23. Camille February 25, 2013 at 14:30 #

She said she was going for something that said “Bond Girl” and this dress definitely does. It was especially apparent when she walked out on stage to introduce the Bond tribute. Yes it has an 80′s vibe with the bold shoulders and yes the neckline plunges and the stripes hug her curves, but she looked very pretty and seemed very comfortable. It might not have stood out on the red carpet but on stage she rocked it!

• Aline February 26, 2013 at 04:52 #

I agree. When she walked on stage her dress choice seemed even more appropriate. It had the dramatic vibe required for the moment. Thumbs up.

24. Felicia February 25, 2013 at 16:03 #

I’ve tried but I just don’t like this. Not one bit

25. Parvati February 25, 2013 at 16:28 #

This is an amazing gown, but she fails to impress me. I don’t know why, but I just can’t get excited about any look of Halle Berry. Maybe it’s the hairstyle that never changes that puts me off every time.

26. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 25, 2013 at 16:44 #

Halle maybe return to Versace for her red carpet choice, but this one is far more better than the Golden Globes Versace print disaster!! This sequinned striped gown with bold shoulders does command attention without being too tacky!! Love the drop earrings, perfect for the dress!! She looks lovely in this occasion!! Buck up, Halle!!!

27. Shari February 25, 2013 at 17:41 #

Dress hot, hair not!

28. robert February 25, 2013 at 19:40 #

My best dressed of the night. Very sexy and elegant. She looked lovely with all that shimmer!

29. Jane February 25, 2013 at 19:57 #

Interesting gown, definitely an improvement over the “trying too hard” disaster at the Golden Globes. However, the bottom half is too severe with the completely straight lines; a more A-line flare would have mirrored the top half and been a lot more forgiving. Also, the bed head has to go; an Anne Hathaway or Charlize Theron pixie style would have been much better.

30. Denise February 25, 2013 at 21:01 #

She looks really beautiful and sexy. The plunging neckline is just the right amount of nude. Her hair is her signature. As for others their “long, glossy locks”. She doesn’t look the same, she looks unique.

31. mzamerika February 25, 2013 at 22:19 #

How many months pregnant is Halle.

32. KAO February 25, 2013 at 23:22 #

This dress is perfect for someone covering up a baby bump!! I can’t believe more people are not noticing.

33. Liz February 26, 2013 at 00:31 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!! This dress is definitely my favorite of the night. The more I look at it, the more I love it.

34. Clover February 26, 2013 at 08:58 #

Too boxy. She looks like an upside down exclamation mark.

35. Jess2 February 27, 2013 at 12:50 #

I didn’t really like this in photos but I think she looked ten times better on stage and it definitely said Bond Girl, very sexy and not tacky. In all honesty though, I am a bit over the hair.