25.02.13

Anne Hathaway In Saint Laurent – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Anne Hathaway in Saint Laurent - 2013 Vanity Fair PartyAfter a rather perky appearance in a surprising baby-pink Prada gown on the Academy Awards red carpet, Anne Hathaway changed into another dress for Graydon Carter’s 2013 Vanity Fair Party, hosted at the Sunset Tower in Los Angeles, California yesterday evening.

Her second look was another column gown, this time a custom design from Saint Laurent with a metallic sequin triangular neckline. I’m glad she didn’t try to wear another necklace here.

But the shapeless silhouette and dove grey colour had me yawning; that is, until the ‘Les Miserables’ star cracked her infectious wide smile, which was glossed in a pretty pink hue, as she posed with her proudest new gold accessory.

I really wanted to love Anne’s fashion on her big night. Unfortunately, her looks weren’t quite as triumphant as her Best Supporting Actress win.

Credit: Getty

Anne Hathaway In Whit - BBC Radio One

Anne Hathaway In Whit – BBC Radio One

Amy Adams In Oscar de la Renta - 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Amy Adams In Oscar de la Renta – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

34 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Saint Laurent – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

1. Elise February 25, 2013 at 21:01 #

OMG, it wasn’t her night at all if we talk about fashion. And she and her stylist did know it was HER night for sure. This gown is a mess, no shape at all, and again the chest area looks bizarre.
    I’ve just watched the prerecorded red carpet, and that pink Prada dress looked even worse than I expected!

2. Noemi February 25, 2013 at 21:08 #

I agree. I don’t understand her choices. I think she should have worn something from Valentino Couture S/S 2013. This dress is unflattering and I don’t like the simple hairstyle.

• Christine February 26, 2013 at 03:30 #

+1 She is slacking

3. haroula February 25, 2013 at 21:09 #

i think rachel zoe doesnt style her anymore .maybe she should go back to her rachel zoe days .those days were glorious!

• Prudence February 26, 2013 at 05:33 #

okay well that would make a whole lot of sense because she has been looking horrific all 2012 and 2013 hasnt been any better.

• Amy February 26, 2013 at 09:25 #

No, she still does. Anne spoke about her in the press room after winning.

4. Moxie February 25, 2013 at 21:30 #

Her performance dress was the best of the gowns she wore.

5. Yeliz February 25, 2013 at 21:35 #

I hate it when custom made gowns are ill fitted, they should fit the person’s body like a glove instead. This look could’ve been better than her red carpet look, but it’s as bad as that one.

6. MaddyEliza February 25, 2013 at 21:52 #

This is definitely better than her red carpet look. I love the gold and the glitter. But it’s still not great. :( Sad because it really was her big night and she should have been appropriately dressed for it!

• MaddyEliza February 25, 2013 at 21:52 #

Her smile is spectacular though, I have to say. She must be so happy. :)

7. EmmaWoodhouse February 25, 2013 at 22:22 #

Oh, Anne. So, so wrong on your big night. Really disappointed–she used to be on my best dressed lists all the time.

8. Tori February 25, 2013 at 22:47 #

The colour is pretty but this looks like a high school-sewn project. It feels like Anne is trying to go for a mod style to work around her hair while it’s growing out – she doesn’t seem to love having her hair this style even for all the fuss that was made of it when she hacked it for Les Mis

9. Marybeth February 25, 2013 at 23:37 #

I like the sequined neckline well enough but the rest of the dress looks downright cheap. And the fit at the bust-line is awful. How can that happen with a custom St. Laurent?!?

“…a rather perky appearance…”
    That cracked me up! :lol:

10. Liz February 26, 2013 at 00:17 #

I love the color on her, but I don’t like the dress itself.

11. TL February 26, 2013 at 00:38 #

Great color, bad design, shapeless! Is it another last minute picked gown for her?

12. TeaAtTwo February 26, 2013 at 00:57 #

Anne’s had a poor awards season fashion wise. This is boring again, mainly due to the poor cut of the gown.

13. Dhppy February 26, 2013 at 01:05 #

It’s a custom design yet doesn’t fit? What’s the point?

14. Aline February 26, 2013 at 01:13 #

IMO while Amy Adams got it right twice, Anne got it wrong both times. It’s just such a shame *sigh* I do like the color on her, though.

• kennedy February 26, 2013 at 01:30 #

+1111

15. kennedy February 26, 2013 at 01:29 #

Did she purposefully try to look so bad both times? It’s not like she didn’t know she would win. Does anyone know why she didn’t end up in Valentino?

16. Leo February 26, 2013 at 02:36 #

Anne was having a weird night. The best dress was the performance dress. Both other dresses just didn’t bring out the best in her, she looks so washed out.

17. Anj February 26, 2013 at 02:50 #

This looks ill-fitting. I get that she’s in some “mod” fashion phase, most likely inspired by her own hair, but this is the not the way to go. Nor was her nipple-seam dress at the actual Oscar’s.

Points given though for the color and glitz factors.

18. Salimah February 26, 2013 at 03:22 #

what is wrong with her? how in the world did he pick 2 horrible dresses? what was she thinking?

19. Kane February 26, 2013 at 04:54 #

Can someone tell me is Rachel Zoe still her stylist? If so, she should think about switching to a new stylist! She has been making so much mistakes for the entire awards season, including this gown!

20. the ogre February 26, 2013 at 07:18 #

sad. because she is so beautiful. why did she make such wrong choices this year is what i don’t understand. i am just sad.

21. Beta February 26, 2013 at 07:48 #

yes, I was expecting more from A.Hathaway. The Gucci little gold dress she wore to the Designer Guild Awards was TDF. Having all of the designers on the world on call, I dont get why she chose this YSL, I mean SL dress (:P). The blue fabric is very cheap looking

22. Cheryl February 26, 2013 at 08:02 #

Did Rachel Zoe stop styling her? The red carpet look was fine. Just lacked that special something that you should bring to the Oscars. Personally I think she wanted to focus on having fun at the ceremony rather than having a fashion moment. She’s happy and wanted to be comfortable.

23. lin February 26, 2013 at 08:22 #

This looks like a shapeless sack. Is the sack dress coming back into fashion, God forbid.

24. CreoleLady February 26, 2013 at 09:15 #

Dreadful. I tried to give her some benefit of the doubt in the Prada because I do like blush pink on brunettes. But I give up. This is just … terrible.

25. Louise February 26, 2013 at 10:24 #

Neither dress was great. I wonder if she’ll regret her choices.

26. dee February 26, 2013 at 14:05 #

This dress is slightly better than the other dress but this still bad.

27. gabis February 26, 2013 at 19:29 #

Awful ill-fitted and mishapped dress. I’m not a fan of her hair either.

28. S-R February 27, 2013 at 21:10 #

Someone hire her a new stylist; this can’t go on. How unflattering!!!

29. Jess2 March 6, 2013 at 13:21 #

It really kills me to say that I too was disappointed by her looks at the Oscars (though I did love the dress she wore on stage). I do agree about her smile however, so beautiful and I’m very happy for her, I adored her in the movie.