25.02.13

Adele In Jenny Packham – 2013 Oscars

AdeleJennyPackham

Academy Award nominee for best original song for ‘Skyfall’ and a performer of the evening, Adele, took to the red carpet at Sunday’s 2013 Oscars at the Dolby Theater in L.A.

After after a brief trial with colour at the Grammy Awards, Adele opted for her love of black with a dress from Jenny Packham.

I love Adele in a black gown—it looks so lovely against her alabaster skin—especially this beaded embellished design with sheer to-the-elbow sleeves and a perfectly nipped in waist. She looks elegant, confident, and very Oscars-appropriate.

Aside from the sparkle on her gown, Adele accessorized with a ring and earrings from Harry Winston. The singer’s half-up-half-down hairstyle with a little volume and face-framing strands allowed her retro eyeliner to really pop.

Do you love that Adele went back to her signature black dress style?

Credit: Getty

Alexa Chung In Valentino Red - 2013 Grammy Awards

Alexa Chung In Valentino Red – 2013 Grammy Awards

Emmanuelle Riva In Lanvin – 2013 Oscars

Emmanuelle Riva In Lanvin – 2013 Oscars

24 Responses to Adele In Jenny Packham – 2013 Oscars

1. mm February 25, 2013 at 02:56 #

just seemed grandma

2. Christine February 25, 2013 at 02:59 #

Same look for her. I liked her Valentino dress.

3. EmmaWoodhouse February 25, 2013 at 02:59 #

I don’t mind the black because it’s so rare on this red carpet! This a gorgeous, flattering dress and Adele looks lovely. Her bouffant and the dress work well together and are very “her.” Very nice look.

4. Nat39 February 25, 2013 at 03:05 #

Black is a slimming colour but that´s not enough, what she needs is to create a shape for her body (through the use of draping for example), I think she needs the master – Tadashi Shoji.

5. vicky February 25, 2013 at 03:07 #

She looks lovely, not denying that, but after teasing with color at the Golden Globes I had my hopes for something similar tonight.
    Really happy she’s flying the British designer flag!

6. Isadora Menk February 25, 2013 at 03:11 #

I heard it was Burberry

7. Tanya February 25, 2013 at 03:14 #

Ugh, she looks great but the same color and cut every time, except at the Grammys when I ADORED her. Now she’s back to regular again :( btw, why is there no ADELE tag? She has had plenty looks.

8. Marybeth February 25, 2013 at 03:28 #

She looks good in black and is obviously comfortable in it. That said, I can’t help wishing the dress were dark green. ;)

I think this dress style okay for her, but I agree with Nat39 (above) that Adele would do well to try different cuts and drapes. She is a beautiful woman and if she kidnapped Octavia Spencer’s stylist, she would knock us out!

9. Tanya February 25, 2013 at 03:38 #

She looks pretty, but as evidenced b her patterned Valentino at the Grammys, she can look fantastic in color. plus, a red would’ve turned this look around into decency.
    Btw, why no Adele tag?

10. Marlie February 25, 2013 at 03:42 #

She looks beautiful. Wish she added a pop of colour with her accessories but I think she looks Oscar appropriate.

11. Moxie February 25, 2013 at 03:42 #

Pretty, but not spectacular. Rather expected.

• dee February 25, 2013 at 13:52 #

12. MaddyEliza February 25, 2013 at 04:25 #

I wish it wasn’t black. Or at least a pop of colour would have been nice. She still looks incredibly beautiful though.

13. Yeliz February 25, 2013 at 05:41 #

Beautiful, but not a look which we didn’t saw before on her.

14. the ogre February 25, 2013 at 05:42 #

all i have to say is she is a beautiful woman and she sang beautifully at the oscars! kudos!

15. carolina roq February 25, 2013 at 14:02 #

black again, booring and predictable because she’s ashamed of her sillhouette

16. Nat February 25, 2013 at 14:43 #

Nothing new. Not an Oscar dress. Boring as usual. She should learn with Queen Latifah and Octavia Spencer how to embrace her body and dress accordingly.

17. Gabby M February 25, 2013 at 15:33 #

best makeup! she is always on point. makeup lines should take notes, and get her to endorse their brand

18. Felicia February 25, 2013 at 16:06 #

Ugh! I was loving her in colour, taking a bit of a risk! Uggggh

But she still looks beautiful, I guess. Just not anything special

19. S-R February 25, 2013 at 16:22 #

Black works well on Adele’s figure. She’s such a beautiful woman.

20. Parvati February 25, 2013 at 16:26 #

Although it would be nice to see her wear colour, I can’t blame her for sticking to a style that looks so good on her. As always, I love her make-up and her hair.

21. Jane February 25, 2013 at 20:01 #

Fabulous singer (more talent in her little finger than the rest of the pop music industry put together), but am SO SICK of seeing her in black (except for the couch throw cover she wore to the Grammys). Adele, you’re gorgeous and rich – if you’re too busy, hire someone with taste to dress you like the beautiful woman you are!!!

22. Prudence February 26, 2013 at 05:36 #

she could wear a banana suit and I wouldnt say anything bad because this girl is 24,has a bunch of grammys, a golden globe and AN OSCAR. she is like a gift from god, she can do not wrong.

23. Jess2 March 3, 2013 at 11:48 #

She looks absolutely gorgeous and even looked better on film. This was very flattering on her, loved it from head to toe!