24.02.13

Quvenzhane Wallis In Stella McCartney – 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards

Quvenzhane Wallis In Stella McCartney - 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards

Quvenzhane Wallis attended the 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards on Santa Monica Beach in California on Saturday afternoon.

The youngest ever Oscar nominee wore a Stella McCartney frock which was custom-made for the young actress.

Her blush coloured embroidered dress with a sheer yoke and hemline was styled with her signature poodle purse, which matched her dress and gold ballet pumps.

A beautiful smile and corkscrew curls completed her super cute look.

Credit: Getty

Kate Hudson In Elisabetta Franchi - Madeo Restaurant

Kate Hudson In Elisabetta Franchi – Madeo Restaurant

Hair & Makeup Finale Looks For My Roland Mouret Gown

Hair & Makeup Finale Looks For My Roland Mouret Gown

23 Responses to Quvenzhane Wallis In Stella McCartney – 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards

1. CreoleLady February 24, 2013 at 00:42 #

Awww. Quite the pretty princess, love the embellished headband.

2. Joana February 24, 2013 at 00:48 #

She is so lovely.

3. Eimear February 24, 2013 at 01:13 #

Shes is so adorable!

4. JGH February 24, 2013 at 01:23 #

Am I the only one who can’t stand the stupid puppy purses? I mean I know she’s young but she’s wearing Stella McCartney! Show some respect.

• effieee February 24, 2013 at 04:18 #

Agreed. The puppy purses were cute at first, but now they’re ruining otherwise good looks. There’s a time and a place for those bags, and wearing Stella McCartney just isn’t it.

• Kate February 24, 2013 at 06:20 #

Seriously? She’s 9. I’d be worried if she was more concerned with Stella McCartney’s brand than her own personal style.

Imagine how overwhelming it is to be so young and thrust into the spotlight like this—taken to party after party with her producers, put in front of cameras and interviewers. The puppy purses allow her to maintain some form of personal expression and they probably comfort her. Besides, I think it’s fun to see which breed of dog she’ll be carrying next!

• CreoleLady February 24, 2013 at 08:14 #

+1. Seriously is right. Moreover, the name of the character for which she is up for the Oscar is Hushpuppy. I view the puppy bags as quite appropriate references Respecting The Movie. This young girl does not need a designer outfit to enhance her charm. I have quite a bit more I could say but I will refrain.

• SilentVisitor February 24, 2013 at 14:07 #

So agree with you Kate…. What does that mean “show respect because you are wearing Stella McCartney”.
        Well good for Ms. Wallis, wearing her puppy purse is part of her own personal style….

• MaddyEliza February 24, 2013 at 16:27 #

+1…she’s still young. Let her have fun and everything :)

• Rita February 24, 2013 at 09:53 #

Why DON’T YOU show some RESPECT? Who cares about Stella Macarthney!She is just a little girl who is enjoying being herself.

• Jess2 February 24, 2013 at 11:49 #

You took the words right from my mouth Rita. I am so shocked at this comment. She isn’t even a teenager, she is NINE!! There are certainly more important things than a fashion label, and being herself amongst the enourmous pressure of Hollywood and an Academy Award is definitely one of those things.
        Not to mention that Stella McCartney was probably well aware that Quvenzhane would be carring her signature puppy purse.

• anni February 24, 2013 at 23:16 #

This girl has gotten some really disrespectful comments, here and elsewhere that ignore she’s a kid in the spotlight! Let her be. Her purses are adorable. And who cares if shes wearing Stella?? Her job isn’t to sell designer clothes. Wait for her to grow up.

5. Christine February 24, 2013 at 01:49 #

Cutie pie!

6. Aline February 24, 2013 at 02:37 #

I feel like this is a bit too much for the event. But she just looks SO cute that I don’t even mind.

7. arang February 24, 2013 at 02:54 #

Very pretty. Perfect with her poodle purse. Also, this is probably my favorite Stella McCartney look ever. Lol!

8. EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2013 at 03:53 #

ADORABLE!!! I love this look–I think it’s one of my favorites of hers so far! So sweet :)

9. Yeliz February 24, 2013 at 06:37 #

So adorable as always.

10. robbie February 24, 2013 at 09:55 #

such a beautiful dress.

11. Neli February 24, 2013 at 11:26 #

Amazing!!

12. Jess2 February 24, 2013 at 11:54 #

Gorgeous as always, Stella McCartney did a great job with her dress. I must say, I think she is a very good at posing for the cameras :)
    I can’t wait to see how she looks tomorrow. I hope she has the best time!

13. MaddyEliza February 24, 2013 at 16:28 #

She is so cute. She always is. :) I am so impressed with her poise and confidence at such a young age.

14. Alina February 24, 2013 at 16:47 #

She’s a cutie!

15. Gabby M February 25, 2013 at 15:53 #

If mom stlyes her she does a very good job! I love everythign she wears! And her puppy purses!!! OMG!!! Sooooooo age approriate and absolutely adorable