Jessica Chastain In Chanel – 2013 Chanel Pre-Oscar Dinner

chanel-jessica-chastain

Jessica Chastain prepared for her night as an Oscar nominee at the Chanel Pre-Oscar Dinner hosted at Madeo Restaurant in Los Angeles on Saturday.

The ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star wore a design from the Spring 2013 Couture collection.

Jessica was a vision in white—a colour which she’s often drawn to—in a silk pleated confection that looked airy and feminine. The crisscross halter neckline and bodice were accented with luxe blingy details.

The actress, whose style has been spot on as of late, styled the dress with sparkly champagne-colored open-toed heels, also by the hosting designer.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ashley Tisdale's Free People 'Keep Me' Tee And Free People 'Sunbelt' Ankle Boots

Ashley Tisdale’s Free People ‘Keep Me’ Tee And Free People ‘Sunbelt’ Ankle Boots

Bella Heathcote In Chanel – 2013 Chanel Pre-Oscar Dinner

Bella Heathcote In Chanel – 2013 Chanel Pre-Oscar Dinner

13 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Chanel – 2013 Chanel Pre-Oscar Dinner

1. Yeliz February 24, 2013 at 19:54 #

I think the dress suits her greatly, I really like this look.

2. Christine February 24, 2013 at 19:57 #

I wish she can just step outside the box and wear something festive.

3. EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2013 at 20:05 #

I love the pleated skirt but the plunge criss-cross top is not working for me. Glad to see she isn’t wearing a nude pump…also, hoping she blows us away tonight!

4. arang February 24, 2013 at 20:36 #

The top seems a tad complicated, but I think this looks crazy good on her figure. Fits her beautifully in the waist and hips, which in my observations, can often be a problem area for her (not sure why).

5. Rebecca Z February 24, 2013 at 20:54 #

This over-structured look is bad for her in my opinion. Looks like she is wearing a porcelin sink around her shoulders.

6. Alexandra February 24, 2013 at 21:57 #

I dont know if its the way she’s standing or just the silhouette of the dress, but I find it very unflattering on her. She is so beautiful, but I fear this makes her look way too matronly. I am really crossing my fingers that she knocks it out of the park tonight, like last year’s Oscars.

7. Ramsay February 24, 2013 at 21:58 #

We know Chanel will dress one actress tonight – they usually go for the classy (Nicole Kidman, Michelle Williams) / corky one (Kisten Dunst) – Chastain is more the classy type but would fit the bill – so will she be in Chanel tonight? What do you think FC?

8. pipsqueak February 24, 2013 at 22:31 #

She looked rather boxy, not a good look. She’s not narrow or tall enough to pull off this look.

9. Nat39 February 24, 2013 at 23:40 #

I think the top part is very poorly designed. Thumbs down from me.

10. Marybeth February 24, 2013 at 23:47 #

Eh, it’s okay.
    The skirt is too tight around the abdomen. Notice that on the model the drape flows from the waistband.
    I think Pipsqueak (above) is right that this can only work with someone very tall and thin.

11. J February 25, 2013 at 00:04 #

I hate everything about this look. It ages her.

Though I’m really not that much of a Chanel fan… only on Diane Kruger