Anne Hathaway's Gucci 'Animalier Karung' Motif Printed Leather Dress

Anne Hathaway’s Gucci ‘Animalier Karung’ Motif Printed Leather Dress

Charlize Theron's Alexander Wang 'Pelican' Satchel

Charlize Theron’s Alexander Wang ‘Pelican’ Satchel

26 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. Yeliz February 23, 2013 at 16:02 #

Nieves Alvarez in that breathtaking Stéphane Rolland Couture creation which she carries so well. My runner-up is Léa Seydoux.

So very excited about the Oscars!!

• Yeliz February 23, 2013 at 16:20 #

My best dressed man is Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford.

2. mel February 23, 2013 at 16:05 #

No Anna Paquin in Tom Ford??? If I can’t vote her then I go for Nieves Alvarez, she’s stunning.

3. Marybeth February 23, 2013 at 16:29 #

Nieves Alvarez. WOW!
    My runners-up would be Taylor Swift and Lea Seydoux.

• Marybeth February 23, 2013 at 16:44 #

Boring or not, I honestly like Calvin Harris best among the men. My runner-up would be Justin Timberlake.

• Sammy C February 23, 2013 at 18:52 #

+1 Calvin Harris looked great. I went for Tinie Tempah, but out of the suited men, defo Calvin.

4. justme February 23, 2013 at 16:35 #

For the ladies *drumroll* Nieves. If it weren’t for her, I would have voted for Léa. She looked beautiful.

For the men, I love Labrinth’s suit so much but his styling lets him down so I went with Justin.

5. Parvati February 23, 2013 at 16:49 #

Lea Seydoux in Alexis Mabille Couture wins for me!

6. Paddy Mulholland February 23, 2013 at 17:05 #

No Eddie Redmayne! He’s a well-dressed boy, but I’m glad to see others getting a chance at last!

• Catherine Kallon February 23, 2013 at 23:10 #

no red carpet for him this week :)

7. Kathy February 23, 2013 at 17:35 #

Immediately after seeing Nieves’ jaw-dropping look I didn’t think anyone could possibly beat it for BDOTW, but I ended up giving it to Taylor. Her gown is sleek, modern, perfectly executed and not fussy at all (not to mention Elie Saab). Plus I have to give her credit for consistency. She never looks bad and is coming into her own very nicely.

8. EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2013 at 17:41 #

Stunning, dramatic week for the ladies!
    1. Nieves (there was really no one to beat her!)
    2. Lea Seydoux (worthy runner-up)
    3. Rachel Weisz (tres chic!)
    4. Berenice Bejo (almost perfect!)
    5. Marion Cotillard (if it had been hiked up, great!)
    6. Karolina Kurkova (simple but awesome)
    7. Kirsten (love how she tries different things.
    Not fond the other three.
    For the guys, I miss Eddie this week! Went for Chris Hemsworth’s simple but sleek look.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2013 at 19:33 #

P.S. MAJORLY looking forward to the Oscars tomorrow night, so giddy to see you, FC!!!!!! :) Best of luck!!!!

9. ashley February 23, 2013 at 17:46 #

Nieves’ look is just stunning, probably even a BDOTY contender. For the men, definitely Eddie Redmayne.

10. TeaAtTwo February 23, 2013 at 18:02 #

Nieves was my BDOTW followed by Lea then Karolina and Analeigh. For the guys I went with Justin because I liked his BRITs stage look and his LFW suit. Labrinth suit was unique and funky but I hated the clunky black accessories.

11. ramsay February 23, 2013 at 18:05 #

I think I would’ve added Nicole Kidman in L’wren Scott and Naomi Campbell in Alaia (better than Kurkova in my opinion) to this line-up cause they also looked fantastic – I went for Rachel Weisz cause I find her incredible chic – I do see the attraction in Nieves’ dress and understand if it gets most of the votes but this dress is too divaish for my taste, though I wouldn’t mind if it ultimately wins
    Kudos for Taylor Swift for going for something bolder than usual (and for Elie Saab for designing this unexpected dress from him)

12. MaddyEliza February 23, 2013 at 18:25 #

No Eddie Redmayne? Who am I going to vote for?! Haha but seriously!

Either Lea Seydoux or Nieves Alvarez for the ladies. Both looked stunning and had absolutely amazing dresses!!

13. Nat39 February 23, 2013 at 18:32 #

Nieves Alvarez, followed by Lea Seydoux and Taylor Swift.

Men: Louis Smith, followed by Chris Hemsworth (can’t take my eyes off him, that grey suit is so perfect on him) and Labrinth for rocking full-on ethnic print.
    Not considering Justin as this grey Tom Ford suit (if I’m not mistaken) was worn perfectly (with the perfect silver knit tie) by Eddie who got my vote for it that week. Also the grey Calvin Klein suit on Joel McHale looks like one John Krasinski wore, both looked good in it.

14. Lisa February 23, 2013 at 19:07 #

This was so easy for me. NO ONE even comes close to Nieves. And as for Chris Hemsworth, I like my men macho and simply dressed, so he fits the bill very nicely. Yum!

15. Sammy C February 23, 2013 at 19:08 #

Nieves does look great, but I feel like I have seen this gown or very similar Stephane Rolland creations at other events in 2012. Also, as with Marion Cotillard, I don’t think I see Nieves’ personality in her fashion, which is something that when possible I try to look for when voting best dressed. Spanish celebs like Laura Ponte or Paula Echevarria, although very different to one another, speak to me much more. Nieves has been in the fashion industry for yonks, yet only since Solo Moda has she been mentionable material, so its clearly all very studied.

My vote went for Berenice. Lea Seydoux and Emmy Rossum looked great and would have been my second and third choices. Karolina Kurkova is a great example of how to better by miles a look that has been worn before. It looks so fresh and alive.

16. zineb February 24, 2013 at 00:45 #

Missing our favorite Eddie so bad, he’s the readers’ treat aha, I hope he shows up on the red carpet next week & most def at the oscars (dying to see what he’s going to wear for the oscars)

17. Aline February 24, 2013 at 03:02 #

I really cannot choose between Nieves and Taylor. They’re both on my BDOTY contenders list.

But all in all, I think this was one of the best weeks we had in a long time.

18. Alex February 24, 2013 at 04:00 #

Nieves Alvarez in Stéphane Rolland Couture

Tinie Tempah in Burberry Prorsum

An ah-mazing week in fashion!

19. Kristen February 24, 2013 at 04:01 #

Nieves… no one can fight agains her… She is the Best Dressed of the year with this amazing Gown.

20. Raquel February 24, 2013 at 13:32 #

Fantastic week!!! But, 3 looks from the Cesar Awards in this poll and just one from the Goya Awards? Unfair, in my opinion.

21. Gabriella February 24, 2013 at 19:45 #