21.02.13

Vote For The Hairstyle You Would Like To See With My Roland Mouret Gown

Oscars hair

Today I collected my Oscars gown from the Roland Mouret store in Carlos Place in Mayfair, so the fact that I will be attending the big event on Sunday has never felt more real.

The next stage is for you select my hairstyle.

Celebrity hair stylist Luis Santelices, from the Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon on Melrose Place in Los Angeles, specializes in creating red carpet glamorous styles, and he will be creating the look you select for me.

As you know, Kerry Washington has been my constant inspiration during this journey, so you won’t be surprised to see many of her looks featured here.

Look 1 is a low ponytail.

Look 2 is a simple bun.

Look 3 is a wavy Veronica Lake–esque do and;

Look 4 is a wavy faux bob.

VOTE NOW

Roland-Mouret-Final3

Annoushka-jewels-22

I’m delighted announced that you picked Look 3 – Annoushka and Annoushka presents ‘Wendy Yue’ jewels for my red carpet look.

Jessica Chastain In Andrew Gn - TheWrap 4th Annual Pre-Oscar Party

Jessica Chastain In Andrew Gn – TheWrap 4th Annual Pre-Oscar Party

Miranda Kerr In Peter Pilotto - Global Green USA's 10th Annual Pre-Oscar Party

Miranda Kerr In Peter Pilotto – Global Green USA’s 10th Annual Pre-Oscar Party

90 Responses to Vote For The Hairstyle You Would Like To See With My Roland Mouret Gown

1. Laura February 21, 2013 at 00:07 #

I chose 4 because it is a good balance of pulled back, yet loose.

2. Christine February 21, 2013 at 00:16 #

I voted for look 4

3. Martin February 21, 2013 at 00:19 #

The day is almost here!!! I can’t even imagine how excited you are to be walking down the red carpet at the biggest event of the year in just a couple of days!

Look 3 for me, all the way. I think the style would look stunning on you and the others all strike me as leaning towards the casual. The dress, the bag, the shoes, the jewels all scream uber-glam to me so I think that the hairstyle should sit within that aesthetic framework as well.

• crack February 21, 2013 at 16:45 #

+1 to everything you said

4. Dan Oliver February 21, 2013 at 00:20 #

I like them all but i went for 4 Kerry is great inspiration she always looks great

5. justme February 21, 2013 at 00:21 #

Look #2 for me.

6. karen February 21, 2013 at 00:25 #

4 all the way

• Beta February 21, 2013 at 07:57 #

+1 love the faux bob

• Foteini P. February 21, 2013 at 18:14 #

7. Tiger Nueng February 21, 2013 at 00:26 #

look 3 for me, a simply beautiful dress with a wavy Veronica Lake–esque do is perfect!

8. Prian February 21, 2013 at 00:30 #

I think the faux bob is great, but it also will throw off the balance of the sleek dress.

I voted for the veronica lake.

9. TeaAtTwo February 21, 2013 at 00:38 #

Look 2 suits the dress so well in the sketch, it’s elegant and will show off the earrings and asymmetrical neckline. But with look 3 no-one looks anything but glamorous with that hairstyle.

10. Vanessa February 21, 2013 at 00:40 #

Look 4 for sure!

11. Anderbobo February 21, 2013 at 00:41 #

Close call between 3 and 4 but I love look 4!!

12. julyol1972 February 21, 2013 at 00:44 #

Look 1 or 4 for me. I’m so happy for you FC. I hope you have a wonderful experience on the red carpet and mingling with the “hoi polloi”. Look forward to your comments after.

13. EmmaWoodhouse February 21, 2013 at 00:46 #

Look 4 feels the most dramatic and glamourous, and given the simply elegant feel of the look it seems appropriate to do something interesting with your hair. :) Also, I know that wearing hair down can compete with asymmetrical necklines so I chose something that has volume and interest but is mostly off the shoulders. :)

• Ella February 21, 2013 at 05:02 #

Agree with 100% everything you said!

• EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2013 at 17:58 #

AHH! Just noticed that my jewelry pick won!!! Yay! :)

14. pixie February 21, 2013 at 00:51 #

Look 1 because;

– The dress is a one-shoulder one so it’s gotta be an updo
    – I always find the faux bob trés faux to be chic
    – A simple bun would underestimate the beauty of your locks
    – Well, Look 1 will look so good on you!

Have fun! :D We’ll be watching closely!

• Betty February 21, 2013 at 04:10 #

i totally agree…look 1 will look best with the dress…

• Lyly February 21, 2013 at 07:06 #

With the shape of the dress, you have to put your hair up

• Ancika February 21, 2013 at 09:45 #

+1! I absolutely agree with everything you said.

• gurlygurl February 21, 2013 at 08:21 #

+1 look 1 is perfect for your cut of dress but its still soft and romantic and will show off your jewels too. Can’t wait to see it all come together :)

• Jess2 February 21, 2013 at 12:24 #

I agree as well!! Number 1 will go well with the dress and will show off the beautiful earrings as well!

• dee February 21, 2013 at 13:05 #

I completely agree.

• Moxie February 21, 2013 at 16:05 #

I completely agree. We want to be able to see those lovely earrings too.

• Rita February 22, 2013 at 01:05 #

Agreed!

• yumey February 22, 2013 at 18:07 #

Yes, I agree it should be look 1

15. Denise February 21, 2013 at 01:14 #

I say look 1. The hair definitely needs to be held back for a one shoulder. I would pick 4 though, if it looked a little more refined and less messy.

16. Alexandra February 21, 2013 at 01:25 #

Look 3 is gorgeous!

17. fromchi-town February 21, 2013 at 01:44 #

I voted for look 1. Since its a one shoulder gown, an updo is best suited. And #1 is simple, ter elegant. Am so very excited for you.

18. GiGi February 21, 2013 at 01:48 #

It would be great if you could post a picture of yourself so we could visualize… !!

• the (un?)social butterfly February 21, 2013 at 13:07 #

You look so pretty and happy in the first picture, FC!

By the way, I think this is a good moment to say I love it that you managed to develop an amazing fashion blog that is truly about fashion, and not, you know, your amazing self — I think there’s something very down to earth about it, even though I do enjoy some personal style blogs too.

I think you very much deserve this princess moment and am thankful you decided to share it with us.

I voted for the faux bob because I love the movement and I think because it’s sort of asymmetrical too, it will play nicely with your dress’ neckline. I am so rooting for it, I think it will look amazing with the jewels and the dress!

• Catherine Kallon February 21, 2013 at 16:02 #

19. Katey February 21, 2013 at 01:57 #

I voted for the #4. I think that look would be the greatest for you. But I also like #3. that would be my second choice. And #1 is the third. But I don’t like #2 at all.
    I hope the forth look will be voted.

20. Xiomalys Crespo February 21, 2013 at 02:11 #

Oh my God. Four. Four. Four.

21. Matias Seguel February 21, 2013 at 02:36 #

#3

22. arang February 21, 2013 at 03:18 #

Wow! Seems like you’re getting quite the mix of answers here, FC. I think they’d all look nice on you, but I chose Look 1. It will show off both the neckline (unlike Look 3) and the earrings (which would be covered by Look 4), and it has a softer feel than Look 2. But again, they’d all look beautiful on you!

• CreoleLady February 21, 2013 at 10:31 #

+1, Look 1, for the reasons you state. ITA, all would look beautiful.

• Jones19 February 21, 2013 at 11:07 #

Look 1 for me too for the same reasons!

• jd February 21, 2013 at 13:46 #

Look 1 gets my vote as well. It’s subtle but big on elegance & it will show off your shoulders & the earrings beautifully

23. S February 21, 2013 at 03:39 #

Look 4!!! makes her look fun, fresh and sexy!! :)

24. CDC February 21, 2013 at 04:16 #

Please do a meetup while you’re in LA! I would LOVE to meet you :)

25. JGH February 21, 2013 at 04:18 #

Look 2 for sure! I just think 2 is the most elegant for an occasion like the Oscars. I am so excited to see the final product all put together!

26. Prudence February 21, 2013 at 04:42 #

okay I hate a one shoulder with hair down especially since we need to see that face of yours in all its glory so people 1 or 2! this is so exciting!! youre obvs going to look better than 98% of the actresses there.

27. LC February 21, 2013 at 05:18 #

i vote for TWO TWO TWO!

28. Yeliz February 21, 2013 at 05:23 #

Look 1 would be too casual for such a big event. Look 2 is a too familiar bun.
    I can’t decide between Look 3 and 4. I loved Look 4 on Kerry, but her dress wasn’t asymmetrical, so I’m not sure how that hairstyle would look with an asymmetrical dress. Look 3 would be gorgeous, we could see your face and tresses equally. I think I’m gonna vote for 3.

29. Katja Jaranne February 21, 2013 at 06:14 #

Look 1

30. Rashmi February 21, 2013 at 06:27 #

Wow, you have your gown with you now !! If I was in your place, I would have kept in front of my eyes and not let anyone go near it.. Hahaha :D
    Can’t we get a sneak peak of it :P
    I guess, we got to wait for few more days to see you blow our mind off..

As for the hairstyle pick, Its look 4, 4 and ONLY 4 !!!
    The reasons:
    1.Since our dress is simple and elegant, we need a glamorous updo.
    2. An asymmetrical neckline always looks best with a side swept hair (a la Jessica Chastain in her recent Roland Mouret) but the 4th one is better than that!!
    3. You will look ah-ma-zingg in this!
    So, its look 4 :)

• Catherine Kallon February 21, 2013 at 09:51 #

I am not leaving my house until I leave for the airport :)

31. Denise February 21, 2013 at 06:48 #

There’s a greek saying I will translate for you “Hair in a bun, beauty shines through”, so No 2 for me all the way.

• Pablo February 21, 2013 at 09:38 #

How cute. Love this :D

32. Dee February 21, 2013 at 07:57 #

Look 2 or 3

33. Pablo February 21, 2013 at 08:07 #

Never been too fond of the “faux bob”, plus it has to be un updo. So for me it’s between 1 and 2.
    The ponytail could end up looking less elegant if it’s not very well done. So to be safe, I’d go with 2: timeless and effective.

You guys! NUMBER 2! :)

ps- do we have a jewelry winner?

• kiwi February 22, 2013 at 15:45 #

34. Angie February 21, 2013 at 08:17 #

I would have choose the look #3 but the asymmetrical neckline needs an updo. So I vote for #1 because it shows off the earrings and it’s elegant but not predictable as the #2. I wish the low ponytail is slicked back, but you will look beautiful in any case. Can’t wait too see you on the RC at the Oscars, I’m so thrilled for you FC!

35. TL February 21, 2013 at 08:29 #

Even though I love Look 4 wavy faux bob. (reminds me of Kate Beckinsale in Donna Karen- Total recall Dublin premiere look) , but from the earrings we picked, look 2 the simple bun is more classy and the earrings won’t be covered under the hair. And it can also show FC’s beautiful neck.
    Can’t wait for the whole look…

36. Mary February 21, 2013 at 08:49 #

I think I would like to know which earrings you are going to wear. Still, I will probably go for No 4.

37. chaufforest February 21, 2013 at 09:19 #

Look 3…classy

38. Chanel February 21, 2013 at 10:41 #

A close choice between look 3 and 4, but I think I’d go for nr 4 as it’s more rare and fashion forward. Nr 3 is more classic and elegant, but don’t really go with an one-shoulder dress :)

39. Beta February 21, 2013 at 11:21 #

Ohh nice jewel selection!! :) the earings are TDF

40. Dawn February 21, 2013 at 12:07 #

Look 1 (I was torn between look 1 & 4)

41. Marina February 21, 2013 at 12:36 #

I don’t think I’ve been so undecided until now. I’m torn between 3 and 4. I imagine You looking amazing with the veronica lake but the faux bob would give visual interest and a touch of fun to the classic look. Don’t think the earrings would shine through with the bob, though. Oh my… I think I’ll vote for #3. Maybe. This is hard.

I’m dying to see you on Sunday! So thrilled for you!

• Marybeth February 21, 2013 at 16:41 #

“I don’t think I’ve been so undecided until now.”

Me too. This is by far the hardest choice we’ve had to make. I STILL can’t make up my mind!

42. Agathe February 21, 2013 at 13:40 #

Thanks for the update about the jewelry, the green accents were my choice!

The hair choice is the hardest for me so far. I already voted for 1 and 2 on two different computers, I really can’t decide. The others are great too…

43. magda February 21, 2013 at 13:50 #

look 4

44. Stel Bldk February 21, 2013 at 14:52 #

I was between 2 and 4, but I want to see these beautiful earrings, so 2!

45. Sara / Toranj london February 21, 2013 at 16:15 #

I’m so glad about the selected jewellery :)

Look 1 and 4 are event appropriate and would suite your dress and face shape very well but I vote for look 1 because it is very chic and elegant and it will also showcase those beautiful earrings.

46. GG February 21, 2013 at 17:20 #

I picked look 3. preferably with your hair falling opposite side of you one shoulder neckline. You’d look very old Hollywood. Look 4 seems to be the favorite. But you wouldn’t be about to see those fabulous earrings. You’ll be gorgeous regardless though!

47. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 21, 2013 at 17:32 #

4 for me! I love how the softness will balance the architectual lines of the gown and I think it is a STUNNING style for you. Soo happy and excited for you FC! Cant wait to see the pics. Have a ball!!

• Catherine Kallon February 21, 2013 at 18:21 #

thanks I’m such a bag of nerves, can’t wait to hit the red carpet.

• Saree February 21, 2013 at 19:33 #

Note to the wise: Don’t pull a Taylor Swift at the Grammys this year – if anyone watched it, they’d know what I was referring to.

I bet you’re now counting down the hours, rather than days!!!! For this it was between 1 and 4, in the end I went with 4.

48. Jai February 21, 2013 at 17:41 #

Yay for the jewellery – it will look absolutely stunning against the coral. I’m disappointed most seem to be going for hair down – I think a loose up do would show off the stunning earrings and neckline of the dress to better effect. Still, the choices have been great – very much looking forward to seeing the end result!

49. Nat39 February 21, 2013 at 17:43 #

Either look 1 or look 3. NO to look 2 (a bit too plain) and 4 (a bit ott and not appealing) from me. Prefer look 1, wouldn’t choose look 3 normally (as I prefer the neckline to be shown off cleanly, and would go with look 1) but the earrings (although very pretty) aren’t strong/major or statement enough, they don’t stand strong on their own with the super simple clutch like Morley. The beautiful loose waves will make up for the lack of statement in the jewellery and clutch department. So either 1 or 3.

• Nat39 February 21, 2013 at 19:17 #

Voting for look 1.

50. robbie February 21, 2013 at 17:54 #

cant really choose they are all nice. do like the look of the veronica lake/rita hayworth style of look 3. gonna go for look 3 but you could look great with either of these looks.

51. Kavita February 21, 2013 at 18:27 #

Rooting for look 1.
    Will highlight FC and the colored jewels better.

52. sara February 21, 2013 at 18:32 #

look 1 is my vote. simple, elegant and will show the amazing earrings and neckline. im so happy for you!! I hope you have an amazing time, what a dream come true!

53. V. February 21, 2013 at 19:21 #

Look 3 definitely! It will suit your face shape most :)

54. Sharon February 21, 2013 at 22:37 #

I just had to come back from a long absence to thank you for letting us all be Cinderella’s fairy godmothers/godfathers. I know you will be absolutely stunning and I can’t wait to see you all ready for the ball!

55. Mari February 21, 2013 at 23:16 #

Hahaha, my choice of jewelry won!!!!!
    You will look great! All the best, I hope that after the Oscars you can tell us how you felt and what did you like /not like about this experience.
    Hugs, and try to be calm :)

• Catherine Kallon February 22, 2013 at 01:14 #

i’m tryin’ ;)

56. jill February 22, 2013 at 04:30 #

57. Bille February 22, 2013 at 13:04 #

Look 3 isn’t even Kerry Washington. It’s Naya Rivera…

• Catherine Kallon February 22, 2013 at 23:24 #

eh??? yea, I know. I think you need to re-read the text

58. Eirwen February 22, 2013 at 16:19 #

I’m struggling here, I can’t decide! I think this time I’ll just pass the voting, any of these will look great!

59. d February 22, 2013 at 22:36 #

1 !!

60. Linda February 23, 2013 at 17:06 #

Picked # 4 because it will be so beautiful. FC, you continue to be an inspiration to me. Look how far you have come in such a short time! You put good out and you get good back – and I’d say a trip down the red carpet at the Oscars in R.M. counts as pretty darn good! You’re going to be poised and elegant and you’re going to have a wonderful evening!
    Linda
    xoxo

• Catherine Kallon February 23, 2013 at 23:10 #

You are so lovely….thank you for your kind words. You all inspire me to keep on keeping on with this blog :) x