21.02.13

2013 Brit Awards Red Carpet Round Up

Brits 2013

Many more PYTs were out on the red carpet at the 2013 Brit Awards, held at the O2 Arena in London yesterday evening.

Laura Mvula: The singer wore a leather coat dress by London-based Korean-born designer, Heohwan Simulation. Music’s lady of the moment styled her zipper-accented perforated look with white Jimmy Choo ‘Vita’ peep-toes and a perspex floral clutch. Her makeup is flawless. I wish my skin glowed like that.

Katherine Jenkins: The Welsh singer wore a Stella McCartney kaleidoscopic dress from the designer’s Evening 2012 collection, which the designer herself has worn in a different colour. Her Charlotte Olympia pumps match her dress, with a pink lip colour providing an interesting contrast. I like that she’s continuing to discover different silhouettes.

Aluna Francis: The singer/songwriter opted for a metallic-grey Theyskens’ Theory Fall 2012 dress with pearl-embroidered details which give it that beautiful shimmer. I adore the delicate sheer skirt; the fine details are amazing. Christian Louboutin ‘Corpus’ sandals and a ‘Mina Strass’ clutch couldn’t be more perfect for this.

Brit Awards 2

Lana Del Rey: The American singer clearly wasn’t in the mood to dress up. Wearing a Chanel belted dress with black pumps, you have to wonder why she just didn’t skip the red carpet all together.

Delilah: The new kid on the singing block has had a few missteps on the red carpet, but she finally gets it right in this sleek Michael Kors Fall 2012 gown with a keyhole detail, open back and high neckline. Side-swept ombre locks add even more glamour to her look.

Rebecca Ferguson: Her daring gown, with a sheer bodice and thigh-high slit, was let down by some cheap-looking peep-toes.

Credit: Getty

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Saint Laurent - Brit Awards 2014

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Saint Laurent – Brit Awards 2014

2013 Brit Awards Menswear Round Up

2013 Brit Awards Menswear Round Up

18 Responses to 2013 Brit Awards Red Carpet Round Up

1. kane February 21, 2013 at 15:45 #

Aluna by a mile! The rest is blah to various degrees.

• adrian February 21, 2013 at 21:22 #

I’m dying, and only the desire to see this dress again is keeping me alive.

• Christine February 22, 2013 at 02:51 #

2. Beta February 21, 2013 at 16:03 #

Aluna Francis is drop dead gorgeous. That gown has blown me away

Katherine Jenkins on the other hand … :P That’s the most GODAWFUL stella mccartney I can remember

3. Marybeth February 21, 2013 at 16:22 #

Aluna Francis looks wonderful!
    Lana should be ashamed of herself for not even trying.
    Delilah and Rebecca get credit for making an effort to look glam. Unfortunately, they both look rather trashy. The combination of the keyhole and brassy ombre hair on Delilah, the horrid shoes and make-up on Rebecca, bring the looks way down.
    Except for the lovely glow, Laura looks as if she is emerging from a hospital examination room.
    I think Katherine would have looked far better if those blue clunkers had been sandals.

4. Sara February 21, 2013 at 16:44 #

Aluna… WOW Absolutely stunning. LOVE the dress and her styling is perfect

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 21, 2013 at 16:48 #

Even though I don’t like sheer skirts, and hers is too short underneath, Aluna’s look is really gorgeous, delicate, and well styled. Katherine Jenkins looks OK. The rest are bad.

6. dee February 21, 2013 at 17:01 #

I only like Aluna’s look.

• Elise February 21, 2013 at 18:02 #

Me too!

• AnderBoBo February 21, 2013 at 19:37 #

+1 BDOTW worthy, that gown is stunning!

7. Nat39 February 21, 2013 at 17:21 #

Aluna easily the best. Don’t think Corpus heels (I remember they were one of the options for your Oscar gown) the best choice here. With the sheer very delicate skirt like this, a delicate strappy silver sandal would’ve worked better. But it’s minor, it’s a gorgeous look and she is easily the best here.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 21, 2013 at 17:24 #

Fainting for Aluna. Middling for the rest.
    FC LOL your comment regarding Lana! Looks like a black prison matrons uniform.

• CreoleLady February 21, 2013 at 23:55 #

ITA on all points and lmao.

9. Yeliz February 21, 2013 at 19:22 #

Aluna is the best of the bunch for sure.

10. NooG February 21, 2013 at 20:01 #

I do hope you add Miss Aluna to the BDOTW FC – she is absolutely stunning. :)

11. TeaAtTwo February 21, 2013 at 23:01 #

Aluna is BDOTW worthy, the delicate detailing on the skirt to give a fading from opaque to sheer looks skillfully done. Her elegant poise helps too and I like shoes as they complement the dress.
    Katherine’s dress is a fashion choice, the mainstream publications had ‘what was she wearing’ type comments. I like the elegant at the front, crazy volume party at the back twist.
    Laura’s coat dress is cool in concept but makes her look twice her size.
    The bottom row looks range from sleep inducing boring to tacky looking.

12. CreoleLady February 22, 2013 at 00:36 #

Came back because I couldn’t get Laura Mvula’s look out of my head. It’s growing on me. Fascination, turning into like and possibly love.

13. Jess2 February 23, 2013 at 13:14 #

Aluna looks amazing, I really love her look and she is the best here. Lana is a huge disappointment. I wore the exact same style of look for a shopping/lunch date last week. It wasn’t Chanel of course but still, Lana’s look is not event appropriate at all.