Rita Ora In Ulyana Sergeenko – 2013 Brit Awards

Rita Ora In Ulyana Sergeenko - 2013 Brit Awards

Rita Ora appeared to have adopted Eddie Redmayne’s leaning red carpet pose while attending the 2013 Brit Awards this evening in London.

The singer wore a couture gown from Ulyana Sergeenko’s Spring 2013 collection with a custom made snake ring by Jennifer Fisher.

On the model, the duchess-satin sleeveless gown with a cinched-in waist, draped skirt and open back looks very elegant, but that beauty is lost on Rita.

There is just too much ‘try’ in her try-hardness, which throws me off this look.

The back is very unflattering, the length is way too long – long enough to cut another gown from it – and the overall style is just boring.

She has moments of brilliance, but at times I just don’t get her style. It’s just so forced.

A Gucci Spring 2013 perspex clutch and gold jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Taylor Swift In Elie Saab - 2013 Brit Awards

Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2013 Brit Awards

Bérénice Marlohe In Donna Karan Atelier - 2013 Brit Awards

Bérénice Marlohe In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Brit Awards

28 Responses to Rita Ora In Ulyana Sergeenko – 2013 Brit Awards

1. robbie February 20, 2013 at 20:44 #

everything she wears she makes so unappealing. the front of the dress is beautiful but the back looks like some vivienne westwood disaster!

2. Yeliz February 20, 2013 at 20:49 #

The back looks awful on her and the gown is definitely too long. The fit is off from the front and the back and although I like her accessories, this gets a big no from me.

• dee February 20, 2013 at 21:21 #

3. Angie February 20, 2013 at 20:52 #

The tower of Pisa! How does she stand up in that position?

The look is a series of big NO. I find this dress ugly – especially the back is tacky – and it gets even worse on her. Just no.

• Jai February 20, 2013 at 21:01 #

Yes, it has to make you laugh the way some celebs pose on the RC. Well this is awful. Who is she anyway? The hair and lips remind me of Gwen Stefani but failing horribly.

• Angie February 20, 2013 at 21:38 #

Sometimes I think she’s trying to be the new Madonna but, I don’t need to say, she’s far away from it. She’s beautiful and sexy but she lacks in personality and her style is pointless and schizophrenic (as well as this pose on the RC). Sometimes she manages to look good but this only happens in rare cases, most of the times her looks are tacky.

• Noemi February 21, 2013 at 09:54 #

I thought the same, exactly! I find that sometimes celebrities look quite ridiculous on the red carpets. The dress, beautiful on the runway, looks quite cheap on her, the fit, the fabric… I usually like her style, but this is big no.

4. Chistine February 20, 2013 at 20:53 #

The back is horrific. Wow. Not a good look.

5. Denise February 20, 2013 at 20:53 #

Hot mess from the pose to the length to the fabric to the open unfinished back !

• GG February 21, 2013 at 21:24 #

The edges of the back and the armholes are finished. I thought so too and till I looked closely and saw some really small, transparent ruffle trim. I like the design of the dress, but it is to much fabric on the bottom and the bodice doesn’t fit her as well as it does the model on the runway.

6. Nat39 February 20, 2013 at 20:55 #

Front – meh, back – awful tasteless sloppy design, and yes, she is trying way too hard.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2013 at 21:44 #

Yes, I feel the same way–she just looks tacky and terribly confusing…not liking this look at all.

7. arang February 20, 2013 at 21:33 #

Oh boy, what to say. Well, I wish she would stop bleaching her hair and find a better foundation for her skin tone. Both make her skin look greyish, and thus that peach doesn’t have a chance on her, especially with the red lips. If she changed those three things, this Might almost work. Just look at the model.

• Lisa February 21, 2013 at 03:01 #

+1. Before I even saw the back disaster, my first thought is her coloring is all wrong!

8. Neli February 20, 2013 at 21:33 #

LOLOLOLOL
    “Clearly she was inspire by Michael Jackson’s ‘Smooth Criminal’ 45 degree lean while working this pose.” Best quote of the year!!

• smolls February 20, 2013 at 23:50 #

+1…I started cracking up when I read that! Hilarious!! :)

9. Thomas Monks February 20, 2013 at 22:00 #

She obviously is trying to imitate Victoria Beckham with the dress and the pose

10. Rebecca Z February 20, 2013 at 22:03 #

Bad. Sad. She can do better.

11. msd February 20, 2013 at 22:25 #

Its all wrong on her but I don’t think it looks elegant on the model either. It’s a badly made satin mess.

12. kane February 20, 2013 at 23:46 #

I’m intrigued by the dress on the runway, where it looks classy on the model and you have no idea about the back, but I don’t quite get all the fuss about Rita to be quite honest, sorry.

13. ash February 21, 2013 at 01:27 #

beautiful dress,but not on her.

14. Markness February 21, 2013 at 01:34 #

For a couture dress, it doesn’t look well made. It looks like a fashion student’s first gown and got an F or something. It just doesn’t look like it was couture-ly made.

Yeah, I am now sensing that Rita tries too hard. She’s on a style rut. She still doesn’t have a definite style.

15. Leela February 21, 2013 at 02:46 #

I’m so distracted by her ability to stand like that.
    The dress looks soooo cheap!

16. the ogre February 21, 2013 at 06:25 #

i am so confused right now! what’s with that really really low back yaar???!!! sheesh! and the weird pose and those extremely red lips??? i dont like this at all!

17. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 21, 2013 at 17:43 #

Dear Rita Ora, what are you thinking with this hot mess?? Although we love the amazing salmon colour of this Ulyana Sergeenko gown, the entire look is simply underwhelming!! From the unflattering bustle hip to the way-too-long train and the overboarding makeup, Rita is no doubt the WDOTW contender!! Buck up more, Rita!! Perhaps you need another stylist or settle ur Rob Kardashian mess first before that!!

18. Valeria February 22, 2013 at 02:55 #

I don’t get the screaming-she doesn’t look that bad at all! Dress could be tighter and shorter, but its not a disaster, and her hair and makeup look like signature ones and look good on her. I find this 1000 more appealing than anything Lady Gaga ever wore. But I do find her pose awkward, although not as ridiculous as Victoria Beckham’s

19. Amanda February 22, 2013 at 05:05 #

I don’t mind this either! It looks unfinished but I think she looks elegant.

20. Jess2 February 22, 2013 at 09:00 #

It just gets worse! Rita is not a Ulyana Sergeenko girl, she brings no elegance and entirely the wrong kind of drama. The styling is awful!